“Genuine, family owned business selling only the best quality teas”

Yixing Xuan Teahouse
Ranked #18 of 544 Shopping in Singapore
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Few have experienced the ambience and the highly therapeutic effects of the traditional art of Chinese tea making in an authentic Chinese teahouse. In fact, avid Chinese tea drinkers are known to pursue the perfect tea leaf as fervently as connoisseurs of fine wines. At our Tea Workshops, you will learn about: 1. Chinese culture, Arts and the History of Tea 2. Recognising and using the various kinds of tea leaves and equipment 3. Preparing tea the traditional way 4. Tea and its relationship to your health. Come and participate in our tea workshop today!
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Vincent, the patriarch of the family, turned his back on a successful career in banking to pursue his passion for tea. This passion is evident as he shares his encyclopedic knowledge of traditional tea and tea making with anyone willing to sit and listen. Do yourself a favor and stop by to sample some of the best teas in Singapore.

2  Thank Sasaki-Frazer
in 36 reviews
"session"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed September 5, 2013

The teahouse isn't in the most tourist-y of areas, and when we visited there was no one inside, but I'm so glad we went. The tea is delicious, the staff were amazingly friendly, and the food was to die for. Make sure you buy the Green Tea Pancakes, they were INCREDIBLE.
Very lovely place, next time I'm in Singapore, I'll be repaying them a visit!

2  Thank Adelesor
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I am so happy that I found this tea house on TripAdvisor!. I had a one-on-one session with Charlene, who was very knowledgeable, very nice, and overall very helpful. I really appreciated that I was not pressured at any point to buy anything and, when I decided to buy, was shown a variety of products at various price points. Also, before arriving, I emailed a list of my dietary restrictions (I have a lot) to the tea house and they were able to tailor the menu to me. The food was delicious! Even if you are not interested in the workshop, go for the food. I will definitely go back on my next trip.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Went mid week at 2pm. Very quiet just one other couple there. The ladies were very helpful and polite in helping us choose both tea and nibbles, but definitely not the over view of tea ceremonies etc offered to others. Still we enjoyed what we had, reasonably priced, but not he education we had hoped for.