“A wonderful gem!”

Yixing Xuan Teahouse
Ranked #21 of 519 Shopping in Singapore
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Few have experienced the ambience and the highly therapeutic effects of the traditional art of Chinese tea making in an authentic Chinese teahouse. In fact, avid Chinese tea drinkers are known to pursue the perfect tea leaf as fervently as connoisseurs of fine wines. At our Tea Workshops, you will learn about: 1. Chinese culture, Arts and the History of Tea 2. Recognising and using the various kinds of tea leaves and equipment 3. Preparing tea the traditional way 4. Tea and its relationship to your health. Come and participate in our tea workshop today!
Perth, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A wonderful gem!”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The teahouse isn't in the most tourist-y of areas, and when we visited there was no one inside, but I'm so glad we went. The tea is delicious, the staff were amazingly friendly, and the food was to die for. Make sure you buy the Green Tea Pancakes, they were INCREDIBLE.
Very lovely place, next time I'm in Singapore, I'll be repaying them a visit!

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Adelesor

Falls Church, Virginia
“Great Workshop and Food!”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I am so happy that I found this tea house on TripAdvisor!. I had a one-on-one session with Charlene, who was very knowledgeable, very nice, and overall very helpful. I really appreciated that I was not pressured at any point to buy anything and, when I decided to buy, was shown a variety of products at various price points. Also, before arriving, I emailed a list of my dietary restrictions (I have a lot) to the tea house and they were able to tailor the menu to me. The food was delicious! Even if you are not interested in the workshop, go for the food. I will definitely go back on my next trip.

Visited August 2013
Stroud, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great place for dim sum and introduction to different teas”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Went mid week at 2pm. Very quiet just one other couple there. The ladies were very helpful and polite in helping us choose both tea and nibbles, but definitely not the over view of tea ceremonies etc offered to others. Still we enjoyed what we had, reasonably priced, but not he education we had hoped for.

Visited August 2013
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“New tea experience”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Had a marvelous hour at the Tea House. Great advice and lesson in tea ceremony. Well situated on the outskirts of Chinatown. Highly recommended!

Visited July 2013
Canberra, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Wonderful atmosphere”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

As a tea aficionado, I was very keen to visit this place. I was greeted as soon as I walked in and was invited to sample some of the teas. The gentleman who served me was very polite and explained to me the menu and the pricing structure. After selecting my three teas, he took the time to explain how Chinese tea tasting works. He gave very nice and clear step-by-step instructions, and allowed me to try under his supervision to make sure I got it right.

The atmosphere of the place was very quiet, but it was a fantastic experience. I am definitely going to make this a regular stop on my future visits to Singapore.

Visited June 2013