“Great place for dim sum and introduction to different teas”

Yixing Xuan Teahouse
Ranked #18 of 532 Shopping in Singapore
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Few have experienced the ambience and the highly therapeutic effects of the traditional art of Chinese tea making in an authentic Chinese teahouse. In fact, avid Chinese tea drinkers are known to pursue the perfect tea leaf as fervently as connoisseurs of fine wines. At our Tea Workshops, you will learn about: 1. Chinese culture, Arts and the History of Tea 2. Recognising and using the various kinds of tea leaves and equipment 3. Preparing tea the traditional way 4. Tea and its relationship to your health. Come and participate in our tea workshop today!
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Went mid week at 2pm. Very quiet just one other couple there. The ladies were very helpful and polite in helping us choose both tea and nibbles, but definitely not the over view of tea ceremonies etc offered to others. Still we enjoyed what we had, reasonably priced, but not he education we had hoped for.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Had a marvelous hour at the Tea House. Great advice and lesson in tea ceremony. Well situated on the outskirts of Chinatown. Highly recommended!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

As a tea aficionado, I was very keen to visit this place. I was greeted as soon as I walked in and was invited to sample some of the teas. The gentleman who served me was very polite and explained to me the menu and the pricing structure. After selecting my three teas, he took the time to explain how Chinese tea tasting works. He gave very nice and clear step-by-step instructions, and allowed me to try under his supervision to make sure I got it right.

The atmosphere of the place was very quiet, but it was a fantastic experience. I am definitely going to make this a regular stop on my future visits to Singapore.

2  Thank Bajar
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This teahouse is a good lunching and tea place. Good atmosphere, good music and good food. Teatime at about 3pm is a good quiet time and you can try some of the house tea, beauty of theeast.

1  Thank Rick T
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I wandered into the Yixing Xuan Teahouse by myself. I've been very interested in learning more about tea during my time in Asia. I've been interested in purchasing some serious Chinese tea equipment before returning home. My first sense was that the workers in the store were only interested in running classes for large groups. Individuals were not as important. But that mood seemed to change as I asked more questions and was browsing the pots and cups. The store brewed me some delicious oolong. I then left had lunch to think over purchases and then came back. When I returned, the owner was having a cup of tea himself. I had not talked to him before, so I was quite pleased when he asked me to sit down and join him. After talking for awhile I began browsing again. I ended up purchasing much more stuff than I intended to, but I'm very happy with what I bought. All of their merchandise was quite beautiful. I don't get the sense that they sell low quality - or the stuff that is of lesser value Yixing Xuan tells the purchaser about up front. So much stuff in Asia is crap that is marked up for tourists. I know this isn't the case. Their tea is also very beautiful The green tea, especially was smooth and soothing. I am very glad I stopped in at this store and I aml looking forward to tasting Asia again back home.

1  Thank Speechyguy