“Nice Hotel & Good location”

Oasia Hotel Novena, Singapore by Far East Hospitality
Ranked #42 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Was on business trip and stayed here between 6-16 March. Nice room, good Internet connection, friendly and helpful staffs. It has make my stay an enjoyable one. There are many food options near the hotel and the direct connection to the Novena MRT was a plus as it makes travelling to Orchard Road or the business district easier and faster. Reasonable price and good service, will definitely recommend others to stay in this hotel and will come back again.

Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank njlk70
Oasia_Hotel_SG, General Manager at Oasia Hotel Novena, Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Njlk70,

Thank you for your review and we are happy that you found your overall stay at Oasia Hotel to be an enjoyable experience.

We thank you for your recommendation of us to your colleagues and look forward to hosting you again soon.

Teo Joo Leng

Write a ReviewReviews (4,073)

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stayed in Oasia last 18-21 March for a conference we attended. Honestly, we chose it at first because one of my professors has a friend working there. However, there are also several factors that made our stay pleasant.

1. Friendly staff - Every staff that we have encountered was very polite and friendly. One employee even advised me on where to go shopping for chocolates and souvenirs (I forgot to get his name).

2. Room - the room was very clean but a bit on the small side. I guess I should have expected that considering we were in Singapore but for the price we paid, it would have been a very big room in a nice hotel in the Philippines. However, the room suited our needs well. There was a big flat screen TV, bathroom was very spacious with a tub and rainfall shower. They gave us complete toiletries and refreshed them everyday. The toilet is in need of a bidet, though! I believe that every hotel should have this in their priority list. A hair dryer,in room safe, iron and board, robes and slippers were included in the room. The view from the room (city view with lots of lights from cars and buildings during the night) was also very beautiful!

3. Location - the hotel was very accessible. There is an underpass in the basement of the hotel which leads directly to the MRT. In between the MRT and the hotel is also a mall where you can do your basic shopping and eating. Another mall, Velocity Mall, is located beside Oasia. This is where I bought some of my meals and medicine (I got sick during my stay).

4. Food - our room includes buffet breakfast. Although it was buffet, they did not lower the quality of the food they serve (as compared to some buffet I know here in the Phils where they just care about the quantity, not the quality). The cha siu bun was excellent as well as the meats. My favorite was the mini croissants and waffles!

Overall, our stay was excellent! I'd return here when I go back to Singapore (and I have the money to stay in a 4-star hotel)!

Thank you, Oasia!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank xianora
Oasia_Hotel_SG, General Manager at Oasia Hotel Novena, Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Xianora,

Greetings from Oasia Hotel Singapore.

Thank you for your detailed review and compliments of our hotel. We are delighted to know that that you had an enjoyable experience while attending the recent conference and it certainly was a pleasure to have extended our hospitality.

We are also pleased that we have exceeded your expectations in all areas including the service from our associates, our clean rooms, the accessibility from the train station and the quality of our breakfast buffet.

We thank you again for making Oasia Hotel your preferred choice for your future stays and look forward to receiving you once again.

Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

One night only due to work commitments.
Upgraded to Club Level. King bed, pod coffee machine, wifi, mini bar, breakfast, lap pool and drinks and snacks on 22nd floor.
Great location and excellent staff.
Well designed hotel and rooms.
Will be back!

1  Thank RussellFlyer

Dear Russellferrier,

Thank you for the positive review and we are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back and hopefully for a longer period to enjoy our Club amenities.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

The hotel is located conveniently at Novena Square with good access to the mall and the MRT.
The staff are extremely friendly and very professional and efficient. The rooms are clean and tidy, a little small, but not cramped.

The hotel still needs to work on its eating arrangements. The ground floor restaurant is cramped and the menu selection is poor. However, given the variety of places to eat nearby that is not surprising. However, the breakfast experience is hell on earth, and the hotel really disappoints. Since I last stayed there the hotel has started using an area on the 8th floor as an extension of its breakfast facilities. This helps, but the facilities are still very under staffed and the main restaurant is so cramped with the buffet and the large number of people eating there that it is a very unpleasant experience. It is not uncommon to find there is a queue for breakfast, or people are eating in the lobby. The 8th floor area has helped, but not a huge amount

Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Paul M
Oasia_Hotel_SG, General Manager at Oasia Hotel Novena, Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear Paul M,

Thank you for your review.

We are happy to know that you found our location highly accessible and our associates were deemed professional and friendly.

We have taken note of your concerns on the breakfast experience and are working with our Food and Beverage team to extend the breakfast space on the first floor.

We look forward to welcoming you back and providing you with an enhanced experience in the near future.

Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

We had recieved a free voucher for a night's stay at Oasia hotel for a deluxe room. We were told that we could upgrade our package to one with Club benefits for a special promotion rate (believe this is offered to everyone).

The club benefits gave us free access to the club lounge, an exclusive pool and a cocktail hour between 6-8pm. They also served light refreshments during the cocktail hour (cheese platter - great!, 2 hot dishes) and an array of drinks - beers, wines, and the signature oasia cocktail.

We had naively thought that with the upgrade, we would also be upgraded to a better room but it wasn't.

The room is small as compared to some of the other bigger chains hotels i've stayed in. The hotel also faces a block of flat and you/they could look across so shades have to be down most of the time.

The toiletries provided was from Thann and i loved it, great for having a bubble bath.

I loved loved the buffet spread at breakfast - there was a wide variety and with great choices!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank StephSeow

Dear StephSeow,

Thank you for your review.

We are glad that you found value in upgrading to the Club during your recent stay. The promotional rates that you received are offered on selective basis depending on room availability. Notwithstanding, it is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed our Club offerings.

Our rooms are of standard sizes and the Club rooms are differentiated with designer decoration and furniture. The views are also spectacular and we recommend you to try the rooms overlooking the Bukit Timah city area on your next visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back on another staycation in the near future.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

The hotel's location is pretty good, given the proximity to the Novena MRT, the Velocity mall and short distance from Orchard Road. The ground staff was very helpful and would always help with locating cabs, the room service could have been better though. Overall, a good stay!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Anuradha M
Oasia_Hotel_SG, General Manager at Oasia Hotel Novena, Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

Dear AnuradhaM0203,

Thank you for your review and we are happy to know that you had a positive experience during your recent stay at Oasia Hotel Singapore.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I previously stayed in a Superior Room (which I believe is the standard room) at the Oasia Hotel and was extremely pleased with my experience. See my list of pros and cons (minor cons) below:

PROS:
1) Location: as many reviewers have already indicated, the location of the hotel is truly excellent and very convenient. The hotel is connected by underpass to the Novena MRT station - you take the hotel elevator from your floor down directly to the B3 level (if memory serves me correctly) and walk through an underpass and a small food court to reach the metro station. You do not need to step outside at all. In addition, the Novena MRT station is itself connected to various shopping malls, including Velocity Mall. These shopping malls have many different restaurants and shops, so you can get all your essentials without even stepping a food outside (useful if it is raining heavily outside).
2) Cheerful service: the check-in counter representative was welcoming and full of smiles. Given my very late flight on my check-out date, I requested late check-out if possible, and I was given complimentary late check-out until 3pm. While this is of course subject to availability and not guaranteed, this was very helpful, and out of all the hotels I've stayed in in Singapore, Oasia has been the most generous in terms of late check-out (other hotels I've stayed in have allowed late check-out until 1pm, 2pm, with some higher-end hotels not allowing late check-out at all).
3) Clean and functional room: the room had nice, new fixtures and was well-decorated. An iron and ironing was provided, as well as an in-room safe (built in inside a drawer in the wardrobe). Slippers, bathrobes, a cool coffee/espresso-making machine, tea (jasmine green, English breakfast, etc.), and an in-room fridge were also provided as well. The bathroom had a bathtub, a shower (with two different shower heads - rainfall-type shower head and a regular, stronger-pressure/concentrated shower head), and various toiletries were also provided (toothbrush sets with toothpaste, lotion, etc.). The TV in the room was especially nice (very large), and there was volume control inside the bathroom too so you could listen to your TV program while you were inside the bathroom. Windows were also nice (very large, with two different blinds controlled electronically), and the window ledges were also spacious (you can sit on them or put bags on them). In-room digital climate control was also nice. The Superior Room I was in was a little on the small side, but I found it to be just fine. Complimentary wireless internet was also provided.

CONS (these are minor in the grand scheme of things):
1) Shower drainage: Some other reviewers have commented on this and have indicated that the shower drains were a bit slow. This was also the case in my bathroom - drainage was a slow, and while the water did not flood out of my shower onto the bathroom floor, it was close to leeching out under the shower door/partition. If you find the water levels rising while you're showering, you might want to reduce the water stream to allow drainage to avoid flooding.
2) Dirty hotel booklet: As with almost every other hotel, Oasia has a hotel booklet in the room (on the desk) which lays out hotel policies, facilities, dining information, concierge/neighborhood information, etc. I found the booklet to be dirty - there were dried splotches and stains all over the pages and also dried splotches and stains of the same color on the white wall behind the desk.
3) Slow TV signal which caused programs to freeze quite often: I do not know how much of this is within the control of the hotel, but the TV signal did not seem to be very good during my stay. I tried to watch some programs, and the screen kept freezing every few minutes.

All in all, I had a great stay at Oasia, and I would stay here again on my next trip to Singapore.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank BachIsGreat

Dear BachlsGreat,

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review of Oasia Hotel Singapore after your recent stay.

We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your experience especially with regards to our location, service standards of our associates and our room amenities.

We note your feedback on the areas for our improvement and like to assure you that we are working with the respective departments to have them resolved.

We look forward to having the pleasure of hosting you again soon.