“Pricey but convenient” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 304 Hotels in Singapore
Cavite
“Pricey but convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

We stayed at the executive floor of this hotel for four nights.

The first thing I noticed that for an executive room, our space was a wee bit cramped even in the bathroom. I had to maneuver my medium-sized luggage under the desk so it won't be on the way. Meanwhile, the toilet is located right behind the door so if you forgot to lock it someone could walk in and easily hit you with the glass door.

I loved their Thann toiletries and I shamelessly hoarded what was left of it.

I guess they were aiming for Japanese minimalism with the decor. It was tasteful and functional. I enjoyed my wonderful nespresso machine. I loved how the television gave an update of the bill and if there was any messages left for me.

The wifi, as mentioned, is not free. But it was fast and I never had any connection problems with it at the duration of my stay.

I took my breakfasts at the 22nd floor. They had a limited selection for breakfast but it was okay because they always had croissant, smoked salmon, greens and cream cheese. I made a sandwich every morning! Their attendants always asked what I wanted for drinks. I've always enjoyed their coffee.

The executive lounge is probably what won me over. It's open 24 hours. They have a free wine and cocktails every 6-9pm. And at night, if you feel hungry, you can go downstairs to open the pantry to take any cup noodles, cookies, juice, or canned softdrinks. I always did a midnight raid to get my cappuccino and Loacker wafers.

They also have a private pool at the 22nd floor.

I think for the price they were asking, their rooms could be better. But I guess the hotel is very convenient. It's walking distance from MRT-Novena and a shopping mall is right behind it. Building in front of the hotel is an upscale hospital (I heard the most expensive in Singapore, yet).

Oh, and as I was on the 25th floor, I had the most awesome view of Singapore every morning. That one is priceless.

Room Tip: Choose the one facing the direction of the city and not other buildings. The view is spectacular
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Wanderella
Oasia_Hotel_SG, General Manager at Oasia Hotel Novena, Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, January 10, 2012
Dear Wanderella,

Thank you for your review concerning your recent stay and I am pleased to know that your overall experience was an enjoyable one.

We have taken note of your feedback on some areas for deliberation and will work towards improving them.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Jeffrey Ong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (644)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

I decided to stay at this hotel because at the time of booking it was a new hotel with good reviews #22 on tripadvisor. Since then it has obviously plunged in ratings and I am not surprised.

I stayed at many hotels and their standard of service is not what you will get if you paid elsewhere. No welcoming as you enter through the doors or hello. One thing that I did love about the hotel was the location! So close to a MRT stop. Food was not great at the hotel, buffet was roughly $45sgd and seriously not worth it! Not surprised when the restaurant was empty at dinner. Housekeeping was poor, some items had not been stocked up like toiletries.

The worst part of my stay would have to be when a fire evacuation drill went off in the entire hotel at 2am in the morning. There was extremely loud oriental music playing whilst instructions were being announced which in the end we could not hear because of the music. In instances like this everyone reacts to a drill and heads down the stairs, 22 levels! As we got down there everyone was confused as to what was happening. There was no protocol or instructions. I went to the desk to find out what was happening and they had advised it was a false alarm. I would have not known if I didn't go to the desk. The same thing happened later that night or morning which is frustrating if you need to get up early. I will not stay at this hotel ever again!

• Stayed November 2011
6 Thank Sushii_90
Oasia_Hotel_SG, Front Office Manager at Oasia Hotel Novena, Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, January 3, 2012
Dear Sushii_90,

Thank you for your review concerning your recent stay.

First and foremost, please allow us to sincerely apologize that your overall experience in our hotel did not meet your expectations.

We strive to provide a comfortable experience for all our guests and it is regrettable that this was not the case in this instance. Please be assured that we take a serious view of these service lapses and corrective measures will be taken to ensure that there will be no repeat occurrences. We seek your indulgence on this occasion.

We will also review our security procedures accordingly and ensure that clear instructions are passed on to our guests in the event of alarm. We apologize again that this caused you great inconvenience and uncertainty.

We would welcome the opportunity to regain your confidence in us and appreciate if you could contact us directly at the hotel.

denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

my company book me a hotel in novena where i never heard of oasia hotel. had a stay of 4 nights and was greated by one of the bellman with stylish hair handsome young chap and was directed to the reception. Check in is quite slow and no smile from the reception. Next morning i was really late for my meeting but the funky mohawk bellman rendered his assistance to get me a taxi and he ran all the way out (like a man with a mission) and got me a taxi. the room is great but sound proofing is poor and was awaken @ 3am. my last two nights of my stay The concierge and mohawk Bellman serve me quite well to the place of interest in singapore and i had a very enjoyable tour. Overall no point paying for a good room but bad service but good service give a good stay along the way.

Room Tip: ask for high floor corner look's big to me.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank voncallen
Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

Stay here for 2 nights and overall we like the room since it was new and clean, even though it's rather small. One thing that we didn't like is the housekeeping, they make up the room unprofessionally, they didn't change the towel, the working desk is still messy. The location is quite nice since there is MRT that can help you go to Orchard Rd. Hopefully the management can train the housekeeping better.

Dear Ucartech,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback concerning your stay.

We apologize that our Housekeeping services did not meet your expectation. Please be assured that your observations have been noted in our efforts for continuous improvement and training.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

kuala lumpur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

We stay at the Oasia for three days n everyday we felt more n more at home. Firstly the rooms were so clean and everything was new.WE stay in a superior room the amenities were sufficiently comfortable n we love the view with and using the motorize blinds n sheers was awesome .... The Staffs from the Doorman to the housekeeping were very nice. they were very kind in advicing us where to eat n what to see. Esp One person call Encik Shabeer( not sure correct spelling) who guided us every part of our way on MRT , Adviced us on Universal studio, food courts and help in walking all over to get a taxi for us.....REally a nice hardworking staff....the front desk were nice in allowing us to extend our time from 6 to 7pm and also allowed a early check in when we arrived .....1200pm...really a place i will go back to and help speaking about them to my friends.....Keep it up..n Thank you..Gunabalan Gopal.......

Room Tip: Corners room are nice n quiteer......
sunny philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

I was on a business trip for Singapore last Nov. 28 to Dec. 5 and my meetings were in Novena Tower so I decided to book here since it was just beside it.

Pros:
1.) Convenient location - MRT Novena station just a couple minutes of walk and Velocity Mall is just beside it.
2.) Room was nice and comfy
3.) the Bath room was great and the Hot Shower was an awesome stress reliever.

Cons:
1.) For the amount I'm paying, I expected a faster internet speed. The internet was just plain slow.
2.) They have a lot of guests and it gets packed in the restaurant between 7-9am. My problem is I have to call a waiter for them to clean up the tables left behind by the other guests. And after they clean, they don't even bother to ask if you'd like coffee or tea. You have to call them again. This was really awful. I mean Chinatown's food center cleans faster and more efficient than they do.
3.) For the price of over S$300net a night, it was just too expensive for what you're getting. Maybe if it was S$200 it might be a different story.

If this hotel could improve their service, internet speed and lower their prices a bit, I think they'd be a good deal. But for my stay, they scored low for me.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
Dear Ram_disu,

Thank you for your review concerning your recent stay.

We can certainly empathise with your concerns. Kindly be assured that we are reviewing our service standards and ensuring that proper training are accorded to our staff so that our guests can enjoy an impeccable dining experience.

We will also focus on increasing the speed of our broadband services through our service providers so that our guests will not be inconvenienced by the internet speed. We seek your indulgence in on this occasion.

We thank you once again for taking the time to provide your feedback and look forward to having the opportunity to host you once again in the near future.

Osaka, Japan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

Superb location. The room is small in size but nice, clean and comfy. It's a modern design hotel, not a luxury hotels like the other 5 stars hotels I have been.

The drawback is the reception girl. I arrived the hotel with great feeling, but soon wiped off by the receptionist as I stand there. Even in this festive seasons they dont even show a bit cheerish. She was so cold, pretty but inexperienced. I'm glad that I only have to deal with them twice, during my check in and check out.

I checked out early in the morning, the reception girl handed me my bill and I left. But soon I found something to ask about so I went back to her. By that time she was typing something, I can't believe my eyes that she just raised her hand to stop my sentence without raising her head to see me...and got back to me after she finished typing her stuff.
I was much older than her, her manner was really not polite. I prefer her to look at me and tell me to hold on and she will get back to me soon.
Oh well, this manner should be taught at home, but if the parents failed I guess it's the hotel manager's job to teach them....or simply fire them and replace with someone who can serve with heart and can bring up good ambience.

3 Thank EdwardEdie
Dear EdwardEdie,

Thank you for your review concerning your recent stay.

First and foremost, please allow us to sincerely apologize for the attitude of our staff at both your arrival and departure in our hotel.

We are indeed embarrassed to read your feedback as courteous customer service is the cornerstone for any hospitality establishment. Please be assured that we take a serious view of this incident and will review all training given to the Front line staff. We apologize again that this incident has marred your overall impression of our hotel.

We do hope that we will have another opportunity to host you and provide you with a comfortable experience with us. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcoming you back again in the near future.