“excellent stay”

5footway.inn Project Chinatown 1
Ranked #46 of 248 Specialty Lodging in Singapore
Reviewed September 27, 2012

My friends and I stayed here for 2 nights, fast check in service. and the staffs are all helpful, I had a new friend her name is Pamela..she was so nice, she even went out with me to buy some foods in McDonald's. I also have this new friend named NORA (manager, i guess) she was excellent and nice to talk with. I skipped 2 breakfasts because I soo love sleeping and We almost spent wholeday outside the hotel. The location was excellent, it's near the chinatown shopping area. It's perfect. there are also clubs somewhere at the back of the hotel and near 7 eleven. there are also chinese restaurants nearby, I really love the food since I have chinese blood. overall, I will defenitely stay here again on my next visit. unforgettable experience.thank you for making my 2 days stay memorable guys.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Anna Marie T
5footwayinn, Manager at 5footway.inn Project Chinatown 1, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Hi Anna,

Thank you for taking time to write a review for 5footway.inn. We are pleased to know that you guys had a great time at our place and make friends with the staffs here. We are truly honoured and look forward to having you and your friends back soon.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Chose this place for its location. The MRT entrance is literally 20steps away from the inn, whilst plenty of shops and lounges open till early hours - which is great if you're there to have a bit of fun.
I didn't sleep that well though, mainly because I slept on the upper bunk and the bunk is way to flexible. it shakes way too much whenever the lower bunk dweller moved.
Also, the air-con seems to be turned off at around 7 in the morning and it would get really warm in the room. is it a timer? - because everybody else seems to be asleep at this time? (I'd still blame the other room dweller for this though).

Overall good stay and suitable if you're on transit and/or on a budget.
I'd stay again - I'll just make sure I'll ask for the lower bunk next time.

Room Tip: Get lower bunk. upper bunk is way too shaky.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
5footwayinn, Manager at 5footway.inn Project Chinatown 1, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Hi akrl,

Thank you for taking time to write a review for 5footway.inn Project Chinatown. We are glad to know that you had enjoyed your stay despite a little discomfort with the air-conditioning. We provide all rooms are with individual air-conditioning units and remote control as individuals have different preference on the coolness. In your case, probably, one of the roommate set a timer. With regards to the beds, we apologised for the inconvenience that you had went through. However, we would like to share with you that we are in the process of changing to new beds to upkeep the environment for our guests.

We hope to see you again in the near future to experience the improvements we did.

Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here twice in 6 months. Our first stay very good couldn't fault it hence our booking again. Oh dear how things have changed. It appears greed has won. Cramped rooms, 2 toilets for the whole dorms and they had showers in them so never free, pretty filthy too oh and no loo roll. The breakfast on the first visit great, now no fruit and not enough seating as they've extended so much. On the plus side the staff are friendly and helpful, there is efficient free wifi, free printing and a discount on good coffee.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank BeverleyCupcake

Hi Beverley,

Thank you for your continuous support and time in writing your feedback for 5footway.inn Project Chinatown 1.

We apologised for the discomfort that you had experienced during your recent stay. We will step up on the cleanliness of the premises and welcome you back to experience the improvements.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed here for 3D2N in a 4-quad mix dorm room.
the room is not so big but it has nice and comfortable bunk beds with clean bedsheets.
it's also located in the heart of the chinatown district which is so close to the entrance of the Chinatown MRT station.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank flowib
5footwayinn, Manager at 5footway.inn Project Chinatown 1, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Hi flow28,

Thank you for taking time to write us a review on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to know that you had a great time with us. Regrettably, due to our prime location, space is limited.

Once again, we look forward to hosting you and your friends in the near future.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights with friends, 2 of them were already returning guests. Loved this place because of the location, cleanliness and good wifi connection (complimentary wifi, may I add :-) It's great they also have adapters, towels and hairdryer for lending, but best if you'll bring your own in case they ran out. Complimentary breakfast (which I hope may be officially extended til 10:30? :-) with your choice of coffee with either toast, cereal, fruit etc. was lovely as well. Special thanks to the staff, especially Natra for being so accommodating and the guys at the reception desk who received my package and helped me with my luggage. Will definitely stay here again in case I'll be back in Singapore :-)

Room Tip: Mixed 10 beds for a bigger room and lower rates, though fingers crossed you won't get noisy room...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Hi Juju0417,

Thank you for taking time to write a review for us on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to know that you and your friends had a great time here. Your feedback will be taken to the management and together with other guest's feedbacks, we will look into improving our standards.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

5footway is clean and tidy and has super-fast wifi with comfortable beds (for bunk beds) and the staff are really nice. I told one of them it was my birthday coming up and she made up a bag with a happy birthday message and a piece of chocolate mud cake inside. The pictures do make it look bigger but even though it is small the space is used well and the two common areas are very pleasant. My husband was here for 3 nights before I got here and he stayed in a 6 bed dorm and was happy with the experience and we got a single room with one bunk and we are both quite happy to have the privacy. Also the location is fantastic. You step out the door and there are markets and go for a short walk and there are a couple of different hawkers centres where you can get the most delicious food for just a few dollars.

Room Tip: If you want privacy get the single room but the dorms are fairly small at 6 or 8 beds so you will pr...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi Artylou,

Thank you for your generous feedback on 5footway.inn Project Chinatown 1. We are honored to be hosting a loving couple like you both. Hope our staff's little token helps to make your stay memorable. We will continue to strive our best to extend great service to you, our valued guest.

Once again, thank you and look forward to hosting you guys soon.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Great service by great people. Free filtered water and drinks from coffee machine throughout the day. This is really amazing. Best part is that they have a cafe which is easily accessible for a drink before ending the day. Beds are comfy unlike usual hostels' metal bed. I would recommend my friends to stay too.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo