“Small”

Fragrance Hotel - Lavender
Ranked #274 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Booked this one by mistake when I was trying to book Fragrance Hotel Imperial (which I could see out the window). Liked the location - close to hawker centre, good kopitiam and MRT station. Staff were very nice too.

My biggest problem is that the rooms are tiny! Couldn't even fit both of our suitcases anywhere on floor.

Lucky we didn't spend much time in room but it did give us a place to sleep and shower. Stayed in much better rooms for half the price around Malaysia.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 31, 2014

100 % okay , room, location and staff, its nice to visit singapore, staff are very very supportive especially lee aquino and margaret bolbera, they are so nice to us, thank you for the good service and God bless.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bluediamond2014
Reviewed October 23, 2013

booked this hotel for my japanese friend who came to visit me and I was so embarrassed when the reception manager kept asking her for proof that she is leaving singapore etc (like a fugitive) and I even provided my passport and enquired before hand since I paid and registered both of us to stay together only to be rudely questioned even if i am a resident in Singapore. The room key had to be changed 3 times! My guy friend volunteered to go down 2 times to ask for a change and help us only to be rudely told off by the reception manager 2 times "you have 10 mins it better be fast". Who tells their guest's friends ultimatums after not even 2 mins!! Management I have this manager's name if you wish to retain proper educated and respectful staff! The room smelled of cigarettes and the shower was 10 cm! away from the toilet bowl.. NEVER again!!! the reception manager on the 22/09/13 is so rude!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank k w
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We booked in manila for the package tour and this hotel has been suggested by the staff of the agency.Nice hotel, accomodating and courteous staff. Cheaper than other hotels but convenient and nice. It is near to the MTR station, convenient stores with cheap but nice restaurants just a walking distance from this hotel.Easier to find when you need to stroll without a tour guide if you are just a first timer. I can suggest to those who wanted to cut down from expenses and just a first timer like us. Only internet is my concern coz the wifi is not that excellent. I would like to thank Mr. Lee and Marge who assisted us on our stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Regz P
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Stayed there October 7 - 10 in a Deluxe Room

Staff - very friendly especially the girl receptionist Attica. House keeping team is also very accommodating

Cleanliness - we had our room cleaned-up every night.
1. Glasses - they washed but did not change
2. Towels - so-so, towels are old but still usable. You can ask for extra without charge
3. Comfort Room - clean enough
4. Sheets - so-so
5. Floor - little cockroaches

Space
1. Room was deluxe. Space was just enough for the two of us (if you will just sleep then this is okay)
2. Comfort Room - super small but just okay

Location
1. MRT - very accessible, 5 minutes walk or less
2. Groceries - very accessible
3. Taxi and Buses - did not try from the hotel
4. to Airport - give it an hour travel time (rush hour and waiting time for train, etc.)

Aircon - was okay
Noise - did not hear any

Note:
1. There was hair dryer
2. 2 sockets only. You can rent an adapter in the reception (S$5 - but they will give back after you give back the adapter)

Free:
1. 2 bottled water per night
2. Toothbrush
3. Toilet paper
4. Coffee

Room Tip: if couple with extra budget - choose Deluxe (their largest room) - might as well add a little for mo...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We were stopping overnight in Singapore on our way to Hong Kong and needed a reasonably priced hotel close enough to the airport. The Fragrance Hotel - Lavender seemed to fit the bill and we were not disappointed. Reception was friendly and helpful, the lift worked and the room was both clean and in good condition as was the en-suite. Plenty of restaurants within a short walking distance and I believe the MRT and buses service the area. Our room overlooked the front street and we did not notice any noises or disturbances during the night. The area is a bit run down but typical of most Asian suburbs. Although the area is renowned for prostitution, we were not approached nor did we notice any daytime activity.
For our needs and for a short stay I would recommend the hotel but for a longer stay a better area would be preferred.

Room Tip: Upper floors are probably better.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Foulcan
Reviewed August 26, 2013

After booking 2 nights at Fragrance - Classic hotel (disgusting rooms which stink of cigarettes) only lasting 1 sleepless night, I paid extra to come stay here. This place was slightly better but still very average.

It quickly became apparent that both these hotels are used for hourly bookings for prostitution. I'm generally a low budget traveler and I've stayed at some pretty basic places that cost 10 times less than this place and I've never been as groused out, as I was by this experience. Seriously don't consider Fragrance Lavender or Classic, go stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends