“Excellent organisation skills”

Tour East Singapore
Ranked #33 of 192 Tours in Singapore
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Established since 1972, Tour East has risen over the years to become one of Asia Pacific’s leading destination management companies. Our strategy is simple: to continually improve and develop the best holiday programmes in the industry.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My mother and I recently travelled to Singapore and booked all tours through this company. They were very organised, always picked us up on time, explained what was happening at all times and hence provided a great service overall. We did the Singapore Night Tour with guide Judy who was lovely. Dinner was great, she provided good commentary as the bus passed interesting places, she explained how to navigate the Bugis Markets, and made us feel very special at Raffles. The next day we did the Night Safari with Dorothy, which was just as efficient. We arrived at the zoo in good time, with Dorothy providing interesting commentary on the way. Dinner was great and Dorothy made sure we had water/tea/coffee when we needed it. After dinner when Dorothy saw the queues for the tram, she suggested we do a walk first so the queues could die down. This had also been recommended to us so we were pleased to see this flexibility/honesty. It was a great night. The next day we did Sentosa with.......(73 year old female guide whose name I have forgotten). This was also fantastically organised. Everything from the cable car ride to Underwater World to the Images of Singapore museum and the final show on the beach was fuss free with plenty of time made available at each stage. The guide was very honest (and correct, as it turned out) about each activity.
All in all, very well run and delivered.

2  Thank Tracey M
"dropped off"
"traditional chinese medicine"
"buffalo tours"
in 3 reviews
"picked up from our hotel"
"return journey"
in 4 reviews
"minibus"
"customs"

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We did the East coast and Changi tour and were very disappointed with it. 45 minutes at Changi museum didn't give us a long enough browse. Then a 20 minute stop at a public housing estate with a market, why? Our group wasn't interested in this! Onto Arab Street next with a half hour stop. These stops are not long enough to do anything, just walk a little way and it's time to head back to bus. In my opinion a complete waste of time! I would rather have spent all the time at Changi! I would like to see a longer Changi tour.

2  Thank pud653
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I love Singapore. This was my second visit, this time with my 3 children aged 9,9,11o.
We booked a city tour though the hotel so that the kids get an overview in the beginning of our visit. Well.... The tour started 15min late and ran 40 minutes late.
The tour guide Bryan set facing away from the tourists the entire time, had minimal superficial knowledge and it was very hard to hear his limited commentary. He only spoke whilst we were in the bus, once we were at the points of interest- there were no explanations, commentary or guidance of any kind. ... Very disappointed!
I have taken an equivalent tour by a different company (RMG) in March 2013 and absolutely loved every minute of it, it was the exact opposite...

1  Thank Lisa K
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

After booking a tour from a US company ,tour east Singapore manage the pick up for tour.We were ask to wait at the hotel lobby after waiting for quite a while a lady in stripy green uniform just walk pass on me and didn't even bother to announce who she looking for ,as I figure it out that she is looking for us approach her and never say a word ,hello..very unfriendly and arrogant service ,can't recommend this company the employees seem untrained for the job or just another kind of Singaporian people who are very rude and unwelcoming...frustrating indeed..

1  Thank Xplorer42
See more reviews
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Took night safari zoo tour with Tour East on Sunday 16th June. After paying we were herded onto a bus where we met our guide Dorothy. There she spoke to the customers on tour like we were 5 year olds telling us the do's and dont's. Also telling us what we HAD to do but not suggesting the best way to go about it.
On arrival to the zoo we were again herded into a long queue for the tram before she actually handed us a map (she actually withheld these until we were 3/4 the way through the line) so we couldn't plan our attack of the zoo. We were advised not to do a certain walk because we wouldn't have time.
After the tram ride and a bite to eat it left us approx 1/2 hour to walk and see a couple of animals before meeting back at the meeting point.Our family arrived at the correct time. 5 mins later she asked where we were. I put my hand up and said here which she replied "oh you didn't tell me " I said you were talking (to friends in a shop) she then rudely said you could have got me. Well excuse me you're the one who said be back at certain time so you should be there to mark names off, WE ARE PAYING YOU !!!
In the end we saw about just over half the safari.
What company takes you to a zoo but not give you enough time to enjoy it??
Tour East is the answer.