“Need improvement for customer service”

Tour East Singapore
Book In Advance
More Info
$27.62*
and up
Singapore Departure Transfer: Cruise Centre to...
Ranked #32 of 199 Tours in Singapore
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Established since 1972, Tour East has risen over the years to become one of Asia Pacific’s leading destination management companies. Our strategy is simple: to continually improve and develop the best holiday programmes in the industry.
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

After booking a tour from a US company ,tour east Singapore manage the pick up for tour.We were ask to wait at the hotel lobby after waiting for quite a while a lady in stripy green uniform just walk pass on me and didn't even bother to announce who she looking for ,as I figure it out that she is looking for us approach her and never say a word ,hello..very unfriendly and arrogant service ,can't recommend this company the employees seem untrained for the job or just another kind of Singaporian people who are very rude and unwelcoming...frustrating indeed..

Date of experience: June 2013
"round island tour"
"dropped off"
"traditional chinese medicine"
in 3 reviews
"picked up from our hotel"
"buffalo tours"
"light show"
in 4 reviews
"minibus"

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Took night safari zoo tour with Tour East on Sunday 16th June. After paying we were herded onto a bus where we met our guide Dorothy. There she spoke to the customers on tour like we were 5 year olds telling us the do's and dont's. Also telling us what we HAD to do but not suggesting the best way to go about it.
On arrival to the zoo we were again herded into a long queue for the tram before she actually handed us a map (she actually withheld these until we were 3/4 the way through the line) so we couldn't plan our attack of the zoo. We were advised not to do a certain walk because we wouldn't have time.
After the tram ride and a bite to eat it left us approx 1/2 hour to walk and see a couple of animals before meeting back at the meeting point.Our family arrived at the correct time. 5 mins later she asked where we were. I put my hand up and said here which she replied "oh you didn't tell me " I said you were talking (to friends in a shop) she then rudely said you could have got me. Well excuse me you're the one who said be back at certain time so you should be there to mark names off, WE ARE PAYING YOU !!!
In the end we saw about just over half the safari.
What company takes you to a zoo but not give you enough time to enjoy it??
Tour East is the answer.

Date of experience: June 2013
1  Thank Jamie C
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We used this company (referred by our travel agent) for airport transfers and several booked tours. The airport transfers were efficient and both had friendly drivers. The tours were a mixed experience.
Afternoon at Sentosa: James our tour guide was fantastic. His attention to each member of his group was remarkable and his humour was appreciated. He kept us organised and we did not miss out on anything our tour included. A couple of the sites on Sentosa (Underwater world and Dolphin Lagoon) left us disappointed but the Songs of the Sea was amazing, ending our day on a high point.
Night out at Chinatown: This tour was marred by a very delayed start (45 minutes late) This delay affected the time allocated to spending in and around the Chinatown markets. Disappointing for us. The dinner, rickshaw ride and river cruise were all great. Our guide was limited in conversations with to us leaving us frustrated and at times a bit angry.
Night safari: Again the tour became late (traffic this time). We arrived very late to the zoo. Rushed to eat our dinner and barely had 1 hour to see the zoo. The dinner was OK. Good variety of food on offer but beware of the 'just warm' hot food. We felt very rushed and therefore did not fully experience what the tour promised. I will compliment the rest rooms though, they were very clean and fresh even though it was the end of the day.

I appreciate it is difficult to get everyone arranged, on time, on the right bus but it is disappointing when you miss out on things that the tour has promised.

Date of experience: May 2013
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I did two different tours run by TourEast, the Zoo breakfast and the Chinatown tour.
I cannot recommend these more. I had a fantastic time at the zoo, having breakfast with the animals and then the freedom to wander around and experience the Zoo on my own.
The Chinatown tour was the most amazing thing, you MUST MUST MUST do that one. I had my name written on a red fan, toured the Chinatown markets, enjoyed a nice dinner before a trichor ride (this was worth the whole tour just for this bit) and then a boat ride at night.
All of this and you are picked up and dropped off at your hotel. The guides are friendly and so entertaining.

Date of experience: April 2013