“Happy Texans!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We have been in Singapore for 4 months and haven't had any Mexican food in that time. That's hard for Texans who eat Tex-Mex food once a week at home! Casa Latina's menu looked great so we gave it a try. We sat outside on the patio which was delightful, and were immediately served chips and two salsas-one tomatillo (green) and one adobo (red). My ONLY complaint is that we only got about 8 chips. My husband had his favorite, Pescado Veracruzano, which lived up to his expectations. I had Chicken Enchiladas with green sauce which I loved. Overall, we loved Casa Latina and will definitely be back when we need a hit of good 'ol Mexican food.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

This location is great for lunches and dinner with friends. It is located 200 meters near an MRT but I forget the name of the station.

The restaurant has indoor and outdoor seating. The outdoor seating has umbrellas and awnings to protect from the sun or rain.

The staff was amiable and attentive. Set lunch menus are available. The menu consists of burritos, enchiladas, and the chocolate based deep Mexican sauce with pork. The meats are pulled and tender. This is authentic and not a replica restaurant.

Great meal!

1  Thank ExplorerXYZ
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Very good food. Good service. A limited menu but we really enjoyed our meal.

1  Thank wickhdm
Reviewed August 25, 2011

It was because of a friend that my wife and I decided to go to Casa Latina. I had thought to myself "Oh well, another try of 'Mexican food.' Will it be authentic?"

The restaurant had only two more tables besides ours with dining couples,and I thought it was a bad sign. It turned out to be a real amazement that the Pozole, a very traditional Mexican dish which usually has not made it out of Mexico, was in the menu, and amazingly delicious. I even compared it to the one in my hometown,and yes I know comparisons are bad,but in the service industry you have to be excellent and when you reach that point,then your food or service makes people feel home. And I had that feeling.

Chef Mario sees to it that everything is taken care of that way. I have been going back to Mexico,every time I try one of these dishes with his special touch.

Reviewed July 23, 2011

I honestly liked this place since the first time we came. We are actually regulars there.

The food was tasty and authentic, the latino music makes you feel good and the staff is super friendly since we know them from the opening more or less.

You get a better feel of their atmosphere outside in their little courtyard in their non air-con part.

Their ceviche and beef fajitas are excellent but I find the price went up recently. Now at 36++. It is getting slightly over-priced.