“Hygiene Issue”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Orchard Road
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We had lunch at Medz in Millenia Walk last month. We have always enjoyed eating here until recently. At the end of our meal I was in the ladies room washing my hands. A staff member came out of a stall (she clearly used the facility) and walked right out the door. I was shocked that she did not wash her hands. For the sake of the other diners I truly hope that she washed her hands in the kitchen before going back to work because when I went back into the restaurant, she was chopping up vegetables in the salad area. Had I witnessed this before my meal I would have left. Since it was post-meal, I was just grateful that my food was cooked and we didn't have any salad! Washing hands after using the restroom (and especially when working in a restaurant) is hygiene rule #1. It is not an option.

Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

We tried this on a whim as we had heard good things. Think a more Mediterranean version of marche. The results were very mixed: the staff seemed pretty clueless and disinterested, and while there were many mouthwatering menus written over many of the stalls, in truth much appeared to have been discontinued which was sad... so the selection was limited (and I felt this was rather cheeky). However, the soup was pretty good and the lamb kebab was excellent - but not enough overall to have me rushing back.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

We didn't have any plans for NYE dinner and happened to this restaurant. We were both happy with our meals. Tasted great, presentation was great, my wife's meal was warm, but mine was hot.
Lots of choices for apps, mains and desserts. We both ended taking the dinner specials for the night as it was featured.
Will be on the look out for others of these when I'm traveling.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

For those who are familiar with the concept and ambience of Marche will find a host of similarities with Medzs. It's location on Orchard Rd in the mall adjacent to the one where Marche is located makes it a great option when the waiting lines to get into Marche are really long (usually during weekend lunch/ dinner).

Medzs has a good salad bar and selection of French, greek, Spanish, Moroccan, Italian, food. Their newer outlet located at Millennia Walk also has some great weekday lunch specials.

A few things that stand out for me at Medzs is the service (all the staff are really helpful, except for the chefs who seem perpetually grumpy), although they don't take it out on the food which is a good thing. The vast cuisine/ menu means there are a number of options for vegetarians which is always good and you can also request the staff to make certain dishes vege!

These are my favourites - salad bar, pizza (fantastic thin crust) and a perfect balance of cheese and toppings, paella, rosti and the tajine!

They could definitely improve on the price of the drinks (non-alcoholic). A fresh juice is like S$6 which is a bit ludicrous. But they do have an amazing selection of beer from all over the world, which is always a good option at 4pm on a Monday.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

It is a mixed offer restaurant, copy of the Marche model, somehow it feels of a similar quality to Marche and somehow low on the scale. This is a place you go for a very informs quick dinner on a very normal day, because the restaurant is of a family type but without the charm of other family restaurants.
Food is just ok, Un-impressive. For this kind of restaurants you can just see how what you would order looks like but this is not guarantee that the taste would be to your liking,... I am not. Huge fan of this kind of place because the overall quality of food is not really there.