“The garden spa - lovely location but absolutely awful experience” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aramsa ~ The Garden Spa

Aramsa ~ The Garden Spa
Ranked #45 of 213 Spas & Wellness in Singapore
More attraction details
Owner description: Recognised as Singapore’s first outdoor spa in a park and winner of Singapore Tourism Board’s “Best Spa Experience” award, Aramsa is set in the lush botanical beauty of Bishan Park. From its luxuriant surroundings and nature based treatments to its garden facilities, Aramsa is the perfect getaway from the urban jungle. To compliment the spa’s philosophy of encompassing nature with natural living, the Bishan facilities also include a vegetarian cafe and pilates studio.
Derby, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“The garden spa - lovely location but absolutely awful experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Aramsa's website proudly shows off the many awards won and explains how the Garden spa experience will help you unwind, discover, experience.

Instead Aramsa's service wound us up, we discovered how the company lacks any kind of customer service, common sense or integrity resulting in a truly awful experience.

Of more concern is that the apparent lack of positive response to the previous reviews and the inept response to our own customer complaint show that the management and staff at Aramsa do not seem to realize that they are in the great customer experience business without which they have no business

Visited July 2013
3 Thank MrPaul007

Taipei, Taiwan
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Wanted to give rave ratings but still as bad as before :(”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

It's been some time that I will revisit a spa that gave me a headache from my previous visit. But decided to have a go at it again.

Same thing, Operations manager still the same - equals nothing will change. Not trying to add on to what had happened previously but she had obviously thought nothing of customer service at all. Promotions etc are just their way of keeping new unknowing people from going in again. But it's a just a huge disappointment that if the management is still using the same formula , nothing changes. If you do not have any packages., forget it. If you want compensation, no way. The operations manager is too good in hiding her way of manipulating every situation to her advantage ..talking about service, I guess the staff also are kinda tired of her antics. If the top management to the counter staff is not coordinated, no point in visiting a seemingly well packaged spa that claims to be premium when nothing is.

Not only no improvements are being made, but instead the service quality has gotten all the way down. And my personal information ? leaked out randomly without my permission.

All in all, caution to all patrons (new) . Think before you visit this "PREMIUM SPA" with so much publicity done. If they are really good, they will not be operating shadily and providing lousy service and trying to cut all customers short.

In the industry, there are many Spas and this is just ONE of many. There are many great ones, which need not be in a natural environment. Most importantly, never visit a place when you cannot relax and still need to pay and getting more stressed out when the last thing you want is total peace of mind and relaxation.

Enough is enough....it's just the going to disappear one of these days as consumers are not stupid when they seek customer service.

Visited March 2013
7 Thank Gillian C
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Screwed up & Terrible Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

This is my 1st visit which i booked 2 weeks in advance with a staff called Roy.(Hope i did not spell his name wrongly , if so i hereby apologise) I have emphasis & explanined on the masage i required to him on the phone , therefore Roy intro me the 'inner respite' which is a firm(hard)massage & is poplular in Asmara. As i said to Roy, you must find a good therapyist as this special visit is mainly for 'Mother's Day' gift. If there is a need, i can try to change the date to comes instead.

As I was told to be early to fill up some forms so i reach there punctually. After that they showed us to the changing room, we were walking along stones lined pavement, really like walking in a garden. My mum surpise with the arrangement and very happy as quite a while she have not been pampered when we reach Asmara. It's awesome for a starts.

After we changed, we were lead to the resting lounge for a ginger tea before our massage starts.Everything seems too be fine after we start our massage. The (B)therapyist which just start to massage my one leg, I asked her if possible to put more pressure on it. As told she did, but still too light. I asked her the second time, i got a shock from her replied. She said - this is the extend i can go. If i translate to Chinese meaning '这是我的极限', which she meant she cannot put more pressue anymore. She says in a rude way and suggest if want to change, she will informed her supervisor. I said , at this hour where can you get a firm Therapyist, After saying, she went out without letting me to have a chance to think of how to arrange. There is no respect of me as a customer at this time. I am totally ignore by this B Therapyist.

A few mintues, i suppose the incharge person came in.They mentioned that they have messed up wrong therapyist and apologised . I said that if changing a Therapyist is it a good idea and my mum should be enjoying the moment of massage , sudden you asked to changed and it will effect the process of the treatment? They said they will explained to my mum and say that the one that is no good B Therapyist end up given to my mum is also good. I am totally DISAPPOINTED and very SAD that they lied to my mum about this.That's why my mum said nevermind changing.(This i have verify with my mum) Yet unexpected, the result turns out badly done from B therapyist. I should not have change it which i so regrets till now.This treatment is expecially arranged for my mum yet i have taken her therapyist.
I feel so SORRY on doing.This i found out from the A Therapyist (Emerlyn-hope her name is correct), she said my mum is enjoying the massage and asking of the price must be expensive. This represent my mum is really enjoying but nevertless is still not.

Lastly the treatment to me is not that end but the WORST. Their supervisor said that i will enjoy the 90mintue full massage as aplogised of the mistake they made. Neverthless, A Therapyist (Emerlyn)said that she overtime till 9pm. I getting more furious which i have to explain to her again during the treatment. This is not i can control. Both is not fair. So i asked her to continue till 9pm and asked another person to help to pass a message to the counter to confirm whether Emerlyn wants to continue to do her job or not. During the treatment, although i have the firm massage but turns out not that well done.Due to half way messed up, they do not start all over again. Therefore, i do not enjoy the 90mintue at all despite numerous of explaination with Therapyist also disturbed during the treatment.

After all this 2hrs session. I can tell that this is the WORST AND TERRIBLE treatment i have come across in singapore . From what i know the B Therapyist is age of 60plus old lady which is doing Therapyist can be my mum instead. How can i expected she got the strength to massage the middle age or young couples. Now i have to arrange again for my Mother's Day again.

Visited May 2013
3 Thank Catnyipiao
Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“45mins wait for treatment!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Arrived early for 90mins massage + free 30min scrub (first trial promo). Beautiful environment. Unfortunately, after changing into bathrobe, waited in the lounge for turn and ended up waiting 45mins for my treatment! Apparently schedule was screwed up but no one informed me at the reception! Treatment went well but I had to shorten my massage to 60mins after my 45mins wait.

During payment I stated that the treatment went well but did not think the wait was acceptable and wanted some compensation. After calling their Manager, the response was that I changed the massage from 90min to 60mins but still got the free scrub! Hello?! They forgot why I shorten my treatment duration?! It is a disappointment that business owners do not appreciate opportunities for service recovery.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Cindy2308
Taipei, Taiwan
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Award winning spa with no security assurance - Beware!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

Recently, I went on a visit and booked an appointment for a body massage and also classic pedicure and manicure in this Spa. However, the experience was extremely unpleasant and distressing as the management did not address the most important concern which is to ensure security of the guests' belongings. As the Spa is adopting an open concept, there were many people who could come in and out as Bishan Park is open to the public and the staff did not seem to register who came in or out. After I went in, I was assigned a locker and signed in to put my bag in my allocated locker and left for my treatment (nails). However, during the treatment , there was another guest who arrived 2 hrs earlier before her scheduled appointment and came by twice to the nail spa when the therapist was attending to me. After my treatment, I went back to the ladies' locker room and tried to change into the robe intended for the body massage. I was in for a real shock when I saw that my allocated locker was being occupied by someone else and I could not locate my bag. Subsequently, I had to go back to the reception counter to verify whether I remembered my locker number wrongly but found out that I did not make any mistake that my locker was indeed occupied by someone else. So I went back to the locker room and asked the security officer to use the master key to open up my allocated locker for me and found out that my bag was missing but instead it was occupied by someone else. I was really panicking and alerted their operations manager about this scare. In the end, they tried to open another locker which is directly below my allocated locker and I found out my bag was being shifted to the locker directly under my allocated locker by the front desk. When I wrote to the management regarding this issue, there was only the email to tell me that they will investigate the matter but still I am very upset that this kind of security issue could occur in an award winning spa which had the sign of CASETRUST at their website. I understand that they may be making a mistake and such but instead they were telling me they are very sure that no one had shifted my bag based on their replies to me. It was totally draining to get a formal apology from them when my concern is to address the responsibility of the Spa to ensure that utmost security must be upheld under all circumstances. Instead they still refused to address the fact that NO ONE should occupy my allocated locker no matter whether what. Instead, they told me that they had assigned my allocated locker to another guest because their staff found my locker open and empty and hence they assigned my locker to another guest without even checking that the locker is allocated under MY NAME in their log sheet. I do not understand why they need me to go through the hassle of having to cancel all my credit cards and even to the point of various email exchanges without a sincere apology and even had to keep questioning me on the various information that they should be aware of. All I feel is that if you want to visit this Spa, then you must really make sure your belongings must be really be with you all the time as even with my email to tell them the TRUTH, they shifted the responsibility implicitly to me that I may be the one who made a mistake of my allocated locker number. I just dun think a simple issue of the matter that when a locker is allocated to someone , no matter whether it's occupied or not, it should not be occupied by someone else as I have to take total responsibility should anything were to happen. Instead, no satisfactory answer was given to me till date and I am totally upset and worried that other new potential guests might be treated the same way as how I was being treated. As such, I will alert all people here that, should you want to visit this Spa....be careful with your belongings because they will make you feel totally drained and upset despite all the facts given. I had reflected this matter to their CEO hoping that she will be able to remedy this situation because I felt that her management team is not able to address my main concern. Hence, I do not want anyone to be in a state of distress when you are supposed to relax at a SPA and not coming out feeling worried and even more stress when you spent time and monies and had to answer to all these unwarranted emails and queries from their operations manager. My therapists were great in their treatments but nothing can compensate for the fact that the security concern can be compromised which should be the top priority no matter what. And for this, I could not think of anything more to rave about because the whole process took me one whole week and I had to be the one who is proactive in seeking a resolution but it seems like the operation manager is taking things very lightly in view of the security issue. The experience is certainly extremely unpleasant when I had never encountered such an approach to treat the guest with disrespect from the management.

Visited November 2012