“value for money”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Orchard Road
“value for money”
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

The S$30 set lunch was value for money.
The starters and main course were tasty but the desserts were rather disappointing
The madeleines were dry and tasted like the are overnight. The pastry of the tart was too salty

London, United Kingdom
“Brasserie of choice when shopping along Orchard Road”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Good value lunch sets (SGD 30). The foie gras is a must, so is duck confit. Service is usually pleasant and prompt. I recommend you book a table.

Visited December 2013
Singapore
“Classy French Bistro”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Just to distinguish my review, the rest of the reviews were mostly for lunch promotions. This was a treat to a friend before he got married.
Location- Shaw centre, its undergoing renovation so its not really a piece of cake to find it unless you know its opposite HSBC. I had to call them to locate the place.
When I reached there at about 7pm, it was still rather empty. The place filled up fully as it gets later in the evening. There isn't even a spare chair to place our haversacks. Not sure whether the staff, could had offered something for that so I hang my haversack over my chair.
Mine was a dinner gathering with friends. I had the fabulous beef cheeks, done very nicely to my preference of medium rare. Bread was a free flow as indicated in the previous reviews.
Dessert was the baked pear tart. Quite delicious.
Service was quite good prior to the place being filled out. One of my friends came here before, so he told us about the bread free flow early. Staff didn't inform Once its full, the staff had their hands full and we had to prompt them for more bread, more sauce for the beef, etc.
Price was on the high side about $65 plus per pax since we didn't have any promotions. I paid about $79 to cover my friend treat, shared among total 4 of us.
Ambience is good but once its filled, its rather noisy as the all the conversations bounces off the interior.

• Visited March 2014
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“3-Course Set Lunch”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We had their 3-course set lunch menu at SGD 30, well worth for french food. Complimentary bread were given. Must try is the Foie gras raviol with Port wine sauce, Duck leg confit. We tried the Braised pork cheek & pork sausage and found it abit salty. Portion was quite big as well.

Not to be missed is the Creme Brulee with vanilla beans, truly divine. However, the taste of the pear tart with salted caramel ice cream was not too memorable.

Staffs were accommodating as we had two young kids and the rate of serving their courses were timely. Dress code is casual and reservation is recommended

• Visited February 2014
“Fantastic”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Great food, good service. I love the fact that some of the food is cooked in the Le Creuset pots- very healthy. The pork belly is delicious and so is the Coq au vin.

Visited January 2014