“Who would have thought, authentic French food in Singapore!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Bistro Du Vin
Ranked #661 of 10,424 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Orchard Road
Adelaide, Australia
“Who would have thought, authentic French food in Singapore!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised at the authenticity of the French food in this restaurant (having spent three weeks travelling around France last year I think we are qualified to give this "expert" opinion!) My daughter ordered the Mussels and was not disappointed! Also ordered were the Lamb Shanks (melt in your mouth), "confit du canard" (duck leg confit - my husband wish he could have started his meal again when he finished it!), and some sausage and ham. We were given complimentary baguette for the table (two lots in fact) and the staff were very kind and even gave my children a complimentary icecream each at the end of the meal. The staff were very attentive and the food was brought out promptly. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Singapore. I would certainly go back given the chance.

Singapore, Singapore
“Delicious, good value weekday lunch sets”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

We tried the lunch set on a weekday and it was of great value. Very good, French food at a great price. The Foie Gras Ravioli appetizer was soo good! You could smell the truffle shavings. The Rack of Lamb main course for the weekday set is very good, crispy and a large portion. Banana Tart Tatin was just ordinary, but the Pink Tiramisu, with mascarpone ice cream, raspberry sorbet, meringue, sparkling Rose, and pink biscuit was divine.

The restaurant is well appointed but somehow, it's quite noisy. My friend who visited at another time also said the same thing. Not recommended for serious business discussions.

I would come back here again, esp for the lunch set!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Bangkok, Thailand
“Great value for money for yummy French cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I have been back to this place twice for Sunday brunch and never got disappointed. The first time I was on time but the table wasn't ready. The restaurant manager didn't even apply a second thought in placing me and my friend in the wine bar two doors away and served us a glass of champagne each while waiting for the table. The food was great and very consistent. The champagne we selected was a house pour and costed us 90 SGD only. Suckling pig confit is perfect! The service is great every time!

Dublin, Ireland
“Good food - better for dinner than lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Have eaten here twice in last month - once for dinner which was a great experience and once for lunch. No complaints about food, however lunch service was slow, set menu was a 3 course offering and when trying to opt for 1 or 2 courses - prices were based on evening alacarte which made for a very expensive lunch and resulted in us sticking to the 3 course and subseqently wasting food

Visited April 2013
Hong Kong
“Great food and good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

We went to Bistro du Vin today for lunch and myself and my two companions ordered from the lunch menu. There is a wide choice and three courses is $30. The food was very good quality and the service was good. The atmosphere is also very pleasant and felt genuinely french. I would highly recommend the lamb and the beef stroganoff. We really enjoyed it and would go back again.

1 Thank Linda K