“Great value for money for yummy French cuisine”
Review of Bistro Du Vin

Bistro Du Vin
Ranked #431 of 11,767 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Orchard Road
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I have been back to this place twice for Sunday brunch and never got disappointed. The first time I was on time but the table wasn't ready. The restaurant manager didn't even apply a second thought in placing me and my friend in the wine bar two doors away and served us a glass of champagne each while waiting for the table. The food was great and very consistent. The champagne we selected was a house pour and costed us 90 SGD only. Suckling pig confit is perfect! The service is great every time!

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Have eaten here twice in last month - once for dinner which was a great experience and once for lunch. No complaints about food, however lunch service was slow, set menu was a 3 course offering and when trying to opt for 1 or 2 courses - prices were based on evening alacarte which made for a very expensive lunch and resulted in us sticking to the 3 course and subseqently wasting food

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We went to Bistro du Vin today for lunch and myself and my two companions ordered from the lunch menu. There is a wide choice and three courses is $30. The food was very good quality and the service was good. The atmosphere is also very pleasant and felt genuinely french. I would highly recommend the lamb and the beef stroganoff. We really enjoyed it and would go back again.

1  Thank Linda K
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Finally a traditional French restaurant that respects recipes (except the banana tarte tatin!)

I have tried this restaurant several times and tasted most of the dishes. The quality of "Coq au vin", "Blanquette de veau", "Salade Nicoise", in short 90% of the dishes are above expectation. Sincerely, in 18 years' expatriation, I will rank this restaurant, number 1.

The restaurant decoration is typically in the Parisian Bistrot's ambiance. The service staffs are polite and caring.

Nevertheless, there are few details that can be improved, as, the "Escargots" (parsley not chopped enough and lack of seasonings). The desserts are not truly French. "Mont blanc" needs more chestnuts and vanilla, see "La Maison Angelina" in Paris. Please use apple for the "Tarte Tatin".

As you may know, French are never happy! So, I wont blame this exceptional restaurant that, again, has the intelligence of respecting traditional recipes, and provides a true travel inside the French culture. Bravo!

1  Thank Jean B
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We were recommended by the concierge on this restaurant as we are after something more casual. It serves good honest french food, simple without the fuss of modern gastronomy. We had Escargot and Onion Soup for starters which were above average. However, the main were excellent with the confit of pork leg and confit of duck leg. We were a bit disappointed with the soufflé but overall, it had great atmosphere, good service, and good food without the fuss.

They showed that good food doesn't need to have a gel, or soil, or smoke, or any of the fancy things you found in modern fine cuisine.

Although the restaurant is quite cosy, don't be concerned about bringing your child.

1  Thank sparoz