“I Wish Every Experience Away From Home Was Like This.”

8 on Claymore Serviced Residences
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“I Wish Every Experience Away From Home Was Like This.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

The 8 on Claymore Hill is located in the center of Singapore's shopping district near the cross sections of Orchard and Scotts Road. There are many fine dining establishments, fast food, and high end grocery stores located within 100 meters of the location.

The rooms are modern with good wifi access and a great pool on the lobby floor with a splash pool for kids and some playground accessories. It is a paradise in the city. There is a breakfast buffet in the morning to help you get started with the day. The residence is secured by key card and security staff. The premises is very clean and organized.

Above and beyond everything here at this fantastic place is the staff. I am not sure what they put in the water here but I would suggest highly that this management team start a hospitality school. Hoteliers around the world should take lessons from this staff and management team. The 8 on Claymore are extremely kind and thoughtful. Every guest has the same experience of bewilderment to themselves thinking "what did I do to deserve such great service?" Don't they know I am not a VIP. Here, everyone is a VIP.

Room Tip: If you are a late sleeper or have a night time schedule ask for a room away from the tennis courts.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ExplorerXYZ
8occrm, Manager at 8 on Claymore Serviced Residences, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Dear pilotss2001

What more can I say? From the rooms to the amenities in or around, you’ve said it all!

Indeed, traveling can be draining. However, returning to a home away from home invigorates and refreshes. I am pleased to have provided that.

It doesn’t matter if you’re a VIP or not. Every guest is a treated like one. See you soon!

Patrick Fiat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Johannesburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2012

Staying here for month of march. It was booked by my company. I will call this place a hotel, and it has everything offered by a 4 star+ hotel. So, the hotel arranged pick up from airport made me feel like a ViP, being escorted from the plane through immigration and to the mini bus luxury van. In arrival to hotel, the hostess was already waiting with the porter and I was escorted to my room and explained and shown how things worked.

The apartment was great. Trendy and new finishes. Good attention to detail. It was a fully serviced apartment in a hotel like way, and had everything you needed to live here. They even gave a welcome snack food basket. Lots of goodies that helped me in the first few days. On my bed was a gift hand towel which had my name embroided on it. A special touch.

It has a big pool and play area for kids plus a gym and ample parking underground. Staff are so friendly always wanting to help. Room service comes from sister hotel, the Royal Plaza, which is good food for 24hrs.

Easy short walk to main street and shopping and supermarkets and everything. MRT orchard is less than 10min walk. Orchard area is a very modern trendy branded shopping district at your doorstep. Lots of shopping malls. Lots of restaurants and food courts to choose from.

Overall, I would rate 8 on C as a great hotel or serviced apartment. Try it.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank pt2pt3
Dear pt2pt3

I am glad to know that you were well taken care off from the moment you arrived.

Traveling to a foreign land can be a little stressful so the smooth transition for you to settle in right away was a great start. It is always delightful to be reading reviews from our guests. It brings joy and encouragement to all our staff here as well.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience here on TripAdvisor.

Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2012

My family stayed at 8 on Claymore Singapore over the holidays and the experience was just splendid.

They have an excellent breakfast buffet spread which serves different types of cuisines from Western, Chinese to Indian. My dad specially likes the eggs benedict which is just cooked perfectly. My mom loves the view of the garden from the buffet area and enjoys sitting there in the morning with a cup of coffee and fresh fruits.

We got a 3 bedroom unit which was very nice. The design was modern and the room had an excellent view of the city. I was very much impressed with the fully functional kitchen in our unit and they even provide a Nespresso machine with free coffee capsules. Everything that you’d need for an extended stay is provided such as a washing machine, dryer, iron etc. in the room. The unit also has an iPod dock linked to the TV and the Wifi connection is fast and free! All of their staff were very pleasant and kind in assisting us with our needs.

Also, it’s really convenient to stay in this serviced residence. Orchard MRT is just within 10 minutes leisurely walk away, and there’s lots of nearby shopping malls and restaurants.

Overall, I’ll recommend 8 on Claymore to friends as an excellent place to stay in Singapore. :)

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Jill J
Dear Jill J,

I want to say, “It’s my pleasure!”

Glad that you had a great time spending the holidays with your family at 8 on Claymore Serviced Residences.

Having some warm breakfast to fill the tummy makes a great start to a day. It seems like you had a wonderful relaxing holiday.

Thank you for sharing your experience here. I am sure many will find your review very helpful when making their choice of a serviced apartment.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2012

We stayed in 8 on Claymore for one month from mid November to mid December 2011 before we moved to our apartment.
I have to say we were treated in the best way possible there. The staff were most friendly and helpful every single day. We can't say a single negative thing about anyone of the staff.
There was a warm breakfast buffet every morning (except for Sundays when there was no warm buffet) which was always more than delicious. Staff were again very helpful during breakfast (sometimes a little quick in clearing the table while you are still eating, though), serving coffee or tea for the guests. There was a possibility of room service which we never used, so I can't say anything about that (I do know that this food comes from Royal Plaza).
The room was very nice, had all the necessary utilities (washer/dryer, iron + table, hair dryer, torch, microwave oven, stove, fridge + freezer, water cooker, toaster, espresso machine) and was cleaned daily. Linen & towels were provided. There was also a starter pack with some foods & drinks and toiletries. The size of the room was ok for a short period, but for a longer period I would recommend you take something bigger than the studio (where we stayed).
There was a big pool and very high tech gym for all the guests.
Location is very convenient, close to MRT and Orchard Road with lots of restaurants & foodcourts around.
To conclude, I would really recommend 8 on Claymore to anyone who stays in Singapore for business or needs a temporary stay before moving to a final apartment or house. Staff is more than kind and helpful and all the amenities are provided. Excellent!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Sofie M
Dear Sofie M,

Everything you need too!

I am glad you had a great transition period here with us before you moved to your apartment. It is our pleasure to provide a comfortable and convenient place to stay.

Do drop by to say hello! We certainly missed having you with us!

Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2011

Our family of five stayed for ten days and enjoyed every minute.

The staff are all wonderful, and that doesn't happen by accident.

Position is perfect for Orchard Road (just far enough out), and easy to get to the CBD.

The pool is great. (I can never figure out why pools aren't used much in hotels! We certainly made up for other people not using it.)

Excellent all round.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank NeilInOz51
8occrm, General Manager at 8 on Claymore Serviced Residences, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear NeillnOz51

Certainly not by accident!

I am glad that you had a pleasant stay with us. It is great to know that you enjoyed the pool too. Taking a swim or simply relaxing under the sun is a great switch from the hectic life in a bustling city.

We hope to have you again on your next trip to Singapore.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2011

I and my colleagues were very impressed with their services. Staffs are friendly ,polite and helpful. They are very generous of giving complimentary. We received one set of TWG teas and branded coffee (sorry I can't remember the brand) Also they gave L'occitane shower set. Snacks and drinks also provided on arrival date. Their furnitures are brand new. Every Sunday,they will provide breakfast. We can tell that they served a good quality foods. We really had a good time stayed at 8on claymore. Come and experience by yourself. You will never regret.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank 11sgtraveller
Dear 11sgtraveller

It is our pleasure!

I am glad you and your colleagues had a comfortable stay despite your work schedules. Our guests are important to us and we are happy to be of service.

You are right! One has to come to experience personally, the 8 on Claymore Serviced Residences service.

Santa Cruz, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2011

My husband is on a business trip in Singapore for two weeks and I tagged along. I thought I would get bored staying in the hotel so I chose to stay in a service apartment to get a homey feeling. I was so glad I made that choice and my husband let me decide on where to stay.

8 on Claymore is one of my best decisions I had made on this trip. This place has a very friendly staff. My husband and I were attended and treated like King and Queen. It was an experience. Their breakfast is what I look forward to having every morning. They have a wide spread and everything is served fresh: the fruits, the bread and the hot meals- just delicious! The pool is a great place to chill. My husband enjoyed the gym to relieve his stress after a busy day at work.

I really took a break from cooking. This place is surrounded with restaurants and amazing department stores. It is a good 5 minutes walk to MRT so it was easy to move around. I love to walk in the morning after breakfast to the Botanical Gardens. It is a 10- minute walk from the apartment. It is so relaxing to be around that area where trees reminded me so much of home.

I would definitely recommend this place and I can’t wait to go back for our next trip.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Chiechie08
Dear Chiechie08

I am happy that you chose 8 on Claymore Serviced Residences.

Be it for business or leisure, it is the place to stay. The convenience and amenities makes your stay more comfortable and relaxing. Of course, not forgetting the friendly team of staff, who are willing to go the extra mile.

Thank you for your generous review here on TripAdvisor and recommendation. We will see you on your next trip!