“Great place to indulge”

Club 55
Ranked #1 of 282 Dessert in Singapore
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Marina Bay
Description: CLUB55 is an inviting spot for after-dinner desserts and drinks long into the night, as guests enjoy the views while indulging in a spread of more than 40 chocolate-themed desserts and 12 types of premium European cheese with wine pairing options, or just visit for a drink of the cocktail menu.
Reviewed July 2, 2013

First night at Singapore,we head straight at chocolate bar to see the roof top view at the same time.The reception fom lobby very welcoming.Staff at the bar entrance fail to greet us but the guy who led us to our table serve us well.great ambiance and delicious sweet treats.Overall we are glad that we booked this bar for our MBS experience though we didnt see much due to hazy condition.

1  Thank Xplorer42

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Since it costs just a little more to go up and have all the chocolate you can handle. Why not bring out-of-towners for an impressive view with their dessert. The pool always draws oohs and aahs.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

We really enjoyed our visit to the chocolate bar! We left feeling extremely full though!

The service was great throughout the evening with the waiter ensuring we always had drinks. My husband had the hot chocolate but it was a bit rich for me to have with the other desserts. I enjoyed the tea and iced water.

There are so many amazing chocolate themed desserts to chose from so we decided to have half of everything each. We couldn't get through everything because we were absolutely full but we gave it a good shot. Some things were amazing, some were so, so and some I didn't like at all.

I enjoyed the fresh fruit and used that in between eating more chocolate items! The hot donuts were yummy as was the ice cream.

We loved walking past the pool and stopped to take some photos. It was a great night out! Just remember to book in advance. I booked online with no problems.

Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Little word are needed to express the great evening we had there. The first night was full so we made a reservation for the next day, and it was seriously worth waiting for it.
Being in the same industry I know how difficult it can be sometimes, but the amount of pastries and chocolate served every night and with that level of quality makes it a must go place in Singapore.
If I leave there I wouldn't go every week but I would certainly bring every visitor coming my way.
It is a bit expensive at first but the whole experience make you forget the price. The tremendous variety of pastries will satisfy every single taste you may have. The trick is to recognized that if you taste it all (like we did) it will seem sweet, too sweet eventually... But do not necessarily blame the chef yet... If you eat pastries after pastries everywhere every plate anywhere would seem too sweet...
The view is fantastic, and it's not often but there the service was outstanding. They were helpful and smiling, and everything you could want from a service side. At firsts hot chocolate came and I was disappointed and asked if it was served usually like this, and the waiter looked at it and told me that he will make another as his colleague did not go it right. The one that came was defenitely better, thicker, richer, cocoa lips licking good...
Of course I did not like everything but it did not mean it wasn't good, it only mean it wasn't to my personal taste. But don't worry there is enough choice to find happiness for everyone.
I would give two thumbs up for the pastry chef, for bring able to serve everyday such a great quality of pastries. Two thumbs up to his team too and of course to great service team...

2  Thank Mysteryshopper64
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We debated over spending the $35.00 each to have dessert. After a resounding yes votes to my plea on Facebook, we made reservations. Wow, what an experience. From the moment we walked into the restaurant, the experience was almost magical. The staff was friendly and attentive. The view of the building top pool overlooking the high rise buildings was really incredible. The restaurant was beautifully decorated, easily maneuverable and softly lighted. The chocolate, oh the chocolate. It was rich, decadent, and flavourful. Everything we had was dreamy. My favorite, lavender infused moose served on a single spoon. I have never tasted anything so lovely. There was cake, candy, ice cream, mouse, pudding, anything and everything one might want. I wanted to eat more than a plate and a half, but the desserts were so rich, that is all I could take. I will go back again for sure!!!

If you find yourself in Singapore and want to visit the top of the Marina Bay Sands hotel, it will cost you about $20.00 to go to the top. This only takes you to a small, walled in area at the top of the buildings. You do not have access to the pool area and cannot see the pool from this platform. If you spend the $35.00 to visit The Chocolate Bar, not only do you get all the amazing desserts, you get to walk right by the pool area and linger as long as you want. This is definitely the better deal.

A tourist must!!