“Excellent Valentine's Day!”

Club 55
Ranked #2 of 236 Dessert in Singapore
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Marina Bay
Description: CLUB55 is an inviting spot for after-dinner desserts and drinks long into the night, as guests enjoy the views while indulging in a spread of more than 40 chocolate-themed desserts and 12 types of premium European cheese with wine pairing options, or just visit for a drink of the cocktail menu.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent Valentine's Day!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I took my wife for a treat of Chocolate,Champagne and gave her a Red Rose.It was a very good evening to say the least.

Visited February 2013

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
SIN
“Chocolate Indulgence with a View”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

It's been 2 days, and I'm still feeling the effects of the chocolate bar.
For the price I paid, I find that there was a good selection/variety of chocolate dessert to taste. It comes in small bite size pieces so you can pretty much sample them. I wish they had a few more selection of non-chocolate dessert snacks to balance it out. Felt quiet sick of having just chocolate that night. Also, there was no hot chocolate bar like the one at The Fullerton.
However, the view of the Singapore skyline makes up for the above. When making reservations, do ask for the city view unless you want the view of the ocean instead.
As for service, the staff were not very attentive and we had to get the attention to clear our plates but other than that, no issues.
I'll recommend this to anybody who loves having decadent chocolate with a view.

• Visited December 2012
Adelaide
“Chocolate Bar Experience”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

We didn't have the best experience with this restaurant. From the booking to the service on the night, I honestly believe they need to retrain staff.

Upon booking and after exchanging several emails trying to work out what type of view we would get from the top and from the experience, we were informed we would only get a "glimpse" of the pool. After going up the lifts, you walk directly by the pool for quite a way to get to the restaurant, so not sure why they didn't just tell us this. Some of our group opted out of going, thinking we weren't going to see the pool. With this in mind, I still wanted to go, if just for the experience and service in going to a top rated hotel. I should have realised from the email exchange what I was getting into.

I think the staff who attended us were pulled off the street earlier that day. On the website they sell their "unique" Rosemary milk infused Cappuccino. When we asked for this, we were met with confused faces and the attendant went off to see if anyone knew what I was talking about. If its advertised on their website, why didn't the staff know what I was talking about? also why weren't they offering it to us? Ordering drinks was very patchy, and random. Instead of asking us all what we wanted it seemed they drip ordered our table.

We had to ask as to what we were to do, and left very little instructions as to how the night was proceed. At one stage we were offered freshly cooked lava cakes, and then after this offered icecream. This maybe should have been done together. I guess it didn't matter as the icecream that was ordered never showed up anyway. I realise there is a fine line between serving a table and being a pest, but we rarely saw anyone.

When we decided it was time to leave as the icecream just wasn't going to happen, and there was no one around to ask for it, we all stood up and waited by the cash register to pay. We were asked to go back to our seat and the bills would be brought over. This took a bit of time. We were going to pay by credit card, so they went away to finalise the bill. After fifteen minutes and no sign of anyone, we did get a bit anxious, and one of our party went to see what was happening. It was only then we were informed that their was a problem with the system, and they were looking into it. It was another 15 - 20 minutes wait, and then we decided enough was enough, and all went to leave, to pay cash instead. Wish we had have just done that to start with, and they quickly brought back our cards with the completed transaction.

The food was ok. I wouldn't say it was completely mind blowing. The view was amazing and so was the company we were with on the night. It was just so disappointing that the service was so bad! I have emailed the hotel, and they were surprised by the experience we had and hopefully will retrain staff. Would probably recommend giving this experience however a miss. Spend the $20 to go up to the Skyview Park lookout and use the remaining money to go somewhere nicer.

• Visited May 2012
4 Thank bluekat74
Singapore, null, Singapore
“great svc”
Reviewed February 14, 2012

the serves there are very helpful and gives u a comfortable experience up there, it was very cool up there and this server Rhona came and offered me a scarf to make me feel warmer. I had a fantabulous experince with the servers and on top of that the view was superb.. value for money! ;)

• Visited February 2012
Singapore
“Awesome view”
Reviewed December 8, 2011

For choco lover, this is the best restaurant to eat all you can!! Located at the highest level of MBS, the buffet start from 8pm to midnight and reservation is required. I did a reservation on weekdays and they told me to come at 8.30pm. When i reached there, only a few tables are occupy. Nevertheless, i got alot of chocolate to choose from. From cakes to diff flavors of chocolate. However, there's no chocolate fondue to my disappointment.

It cost 38++ which include a hot choco or tea/coffee. Bearing in mind admission to the rooftop is included too! worth $20 per person. It is a nice place to chill out with friends or even with your loved ones to celebrate special events. Do remember to bring your camera along!!

• Visited November 2011