“Good North Indian Food in Singapore”
Review of Mirchi - Taste of India - CLOSED

Mirchi - Taste of India
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Marina Bay
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I gather that this restaurant has several other branches, but the Marina Bay Link Mall is the only one I've been to, underneath the Marina Bay Financial Center. I got takeaway, and the service was friendly and quick. The Dal Tadka was wonderful, if a bit spicy, but the Shorba Soup was much like drinking butter, slightly too rich for my taste. I'd go back for the lentils alone, and plan on trying many other dishes here.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Mirchi has about three branches in Singapore that I know of. One at the airport, one at Marina Bay Financial Center and the third one at Esplanade mall. I have had lunch and dinner at Marina Bay and Esplanade, and I must say food is exactly same in taste. They have an elaborate north Indian menu, with most of the regular stuff on the menu are there. The food is pretty good and they serve generous quantity unlike a lot of other Indian restaurant in the city. We had vegetarian food (paneer makhni, dal tadka, baigan bharta and butter naan), I was surprised and had never thought that I would ever have baigan bharta in a restaurant and to my utter surprise it was one of the best bharta's I ever had. Naan were adequately cooked and the staff was courteous, However, the service was bit slow, but the tasty food made up to that. I completely loved this place. If you are looking for genuine north Indian food in Singapore, then do try this place,

2  Thank rahul_19jin
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Everyone knows that any Airport eatery charges like the proverbial bull...Wrong, we were really pleased to find Mirchi Taste of India, satisfying and quite inexpensive. For starters we had cinnamon tea for $2 and a Harry's Lager (brewded in Malaysia) for a mere $5 when everywhere else (except the 711) had beers and wine starting at well over $10.
They have an extensive menu, cooked onsite (not sitting in bain-marie). We chose a very spicy vegetable curry (Aloo Mattar) which was delicious and made sure we got every last tasty morsel mopped up with generous portions of garlic naan bread.
The manager was excellent, with a quick wit, but polite enough not to rub in the recent "Ashes" series.
We finished with a glass of white wine and after service charge and GST we were well sated and paid just over $30Sg.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Whatever you do, avoid this place like there's a communicable disease there.

I have never seen such disgraceful service in the years I have lived in Singapore.

I have been to India, maybe 50 times, and this place is no taste. Little India in Singapore is a fantastic experience, replicating India quite closely. Mirchi is contemptible to relate itself in anyway to India.

The Standard Chartered Bank promotion is a scam (not what Mirchi says) and they hit you with the full price after you've consumed, even though we asked about the details before. The manager was rude and threatened to call the police and then did call the "security" guards from the building who laughed at her as we sat at our table. She also made disparaging remarks about one of our guests who was hearing impaired, which was inexcusable in any way you view it.

Written complaints made to the senior management were not answered and clearly there's no accountability. As I understand it, this place is owned by Harry's.

This company does not care about its customers.

Best bet is avoid being a customer altogether. Catch a cab to Little India or go anywhere else.

2  Thank Andrew D
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Agree with an earlier review. Mirchi has terrible service. We went there as part of a large group and aware that in Singapore, it can get extremely busy during lunch time. We went there early ca slightly before noon and the place was empty.

We placed our orders by around 1210-1215pm but interestingly, we were not given water or even asked if we wanted water or drinks.

At that time, the other tables were getting seated. By 1230, we still didnt get out food and we had to ask why since other tables were getting served. The service just said its coming without even apologizing. We even said whatever is ready please serve it. That fell on deaf ears. They just didnt care.

We had to ask this 3 more times before finally getting served at 1245! Thats over 30 minutes after we ordered and tables that came after us were finishing off their desserts!

I will add that the food quality is average...nothing too exciting for me to go back to. We ordered tandoori, fish curry, butter chicken, lamb vindaloo, palak paneer to name a few and all were OK but are they spectacular to justify the prices?

Service is simply bad. Would I go back?

No. Simply I dont want my hard earned cash to be given to those who dont derserve it.

Time is precious. Dont waste it at Mirchi.

1  Thank penangnite