“Near MRT”

Ranked #152 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Kuching, Malaysia
“Near MRT”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Location near bugis just 1 station, this hotel MRT just downstair, there is 24 hours Kopitiam, Bee Cheng Hiang, Old Chang Kee... a lot to eat.
The good thing is booked directly from the hotel & they provide free wifi.
We had triple room which is not big not small.
But 1 thing to complain that I request a room make up for a day (2 times) there is nobody turn up to clean.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Wynne73

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (699)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first

1. MRT just down the hotel
2. Food court below hotel too, even the food i say 5 out of 10
3. Bellboy very helpful, should swap the reception staffs with them

Negatives:
1. Woke up every 5 or 6 o'clock in the morning because I could hear people talking on the hallway
2. Reception's service is a big ZERO!!! Tried to exchange SGD 1,000 for smaller amount, they did looked at the drawer, had smaller nominals, but came back to me said it would be difficult for them if they gave smaller nominals to me. Came back 10 minutes later one of the female reception gave me change after I asked to talk to their manager
3. The pool's toilet very very dirty, got poop on EVERY closet
4. My bed was not clean too. First i entered my room, got black dirt on the bed cover, I had to wash. I stayed at the triple bed room.

I will not go back and will not recommend this hotel to anyone. Spend a little extra money for a better service and nice holiday rather than save some money but you got anger and bad mood.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank EddoAdrian

Travelers are raving about these Singapore hotels

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This hotel is in an excellent location to see Singapore. It cost us 10 Dollars from the Airport by Taxi so very close and convenient.

The rooms are clean and modern although small, but ours had a view over the swimming pool which was great.

We only stayed one night so cannot vouch for dinner service but the Concierge was good, check in fast and all public areas were exceptionally clean.

The hotel is modern with an upper 4th floor external swimming pool and breakfast seating area.

The ground floor only has casual seating where people tend to congregate when checking out. They do store your luggage free of charge and this seemed secure.

A good place to stay that we would recommend for a short break. I would not like to stay here for a week as I felt the room was very small for a long stay. All in all a good location which is required for this City trip!!

Room Tip: Request a room facing away from the main road as this is busy day and night.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

The USP of the hotel is the location, just above Lavender MRT station. Since the station is on the Airport Line, its good for travellers to get to from the airport. Rooms are nice and compact, but if ur used to large rooms, you might feel a bit cramped for space. The presence of loads of food stalls and a convenience store on the lobby level was a releif. We encountered loads of honeymoon couples in the hotel as well, so it seems that V Lavender is a preffered choice for quite a lot of ppl. I'd definately like to stay there on my next trip to SG, the land of my dreams.

• Stayed December 2012
George Town, Malaysia
Reviewed June 22, 2013

The only reason i stay in this hotel is because we're running out of time and wanted to find somewhere near MRT. So by luck, we stumble across this hotel. I went straight to the hotel lobby and asked for a room. THey said, rooms still available and we went straight to the room. We were given room at level 16 and to our surprise, it was a room for the handicapped!! To my horror, the room was so so sooooo small!! The room only contain one small bed which cannot fit two person, and theres no room at all to move!! Luckily we have our own bathroom, we thought that given the room, we had to go somewhere to bath!
Cant the management have the courtesy to say that we're given a handicapped room, and it was so small, and we paid for a full room for it!!
I got nothing nice to say about this hotel. Beside that is the worst room I've ever stayed in, the staff at the front desk were also rude and obnoxious, the lift were so slow and full all the time, and the breakfast was also bad and expensive.

Room Tip: PLease ask what room they're are giving you or you will get the smallest room in the whole singa...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank madone1181
New Delhi, India
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Good that I choose the hotel for my stay in Singapore for 4 nights with my family. Stayed in a Family room. The View was nice through a massive window. Room was more or less clean. Requests were met promptly.

Breakfast is pretty good with good options for all types. Breakfast can be had in the open area with good view and some good morning breeze

As it is on the Lavender MRT Station travelling is a breeze. Little India is few stations away. The staff at the reception , tour and lobby were all very helpful and decent. Would surely recommend for all travelling with families.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Port Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Chose this hotel because of its location. Easily accessed by MRT from Changi Airport, and noted the nearby foodcourt on the way to checking in. Our plan for the following day hinged on using the MRT. On arrival at check-in (approx 4.30 pm) could not believe that we were told that despite prebooking there were no rooms available. The booking had been made a month previously by a large chain Australian travel agency. We were relocated to an inferior hotel from the same group in an area that did not even appear on our map. Didn't even provide us with its address! Will inform our supplier not to use this unprofessional hotel again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple