“Great food but a little slow service”
Review of Nando's

Nando's
Ranked #1,376 of 11,593 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Love their Chicken espetada with hot peri peri sauce. Service is little slow however can be ignored if you really want to enjoy a good tasting meal.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Had lunch at the Nando's in Bugis Junction during a recent trip to Singapore and enjoyed our meal but not as much as Nando's in South Africa. Still it was good and worth a try for those who like flavoured spicy chicken or those who are fans of Peri-peri dishes.

Nando's in Singapore is a proper sit down restaurant instead of a more traditional fast-food set-up like what we have experienced at other Nando's restaurants.

We ordered the Set for Two (SG$45) that was a whole flame grilled chicken (4 pieces) served with a medium size order of fries and cole slaw, you choose two sides, and two beverages. The chicken on its own didn't seem to take on the flavours as well as the branches we've enjoyed in J'burg and Cape Town over the years but the excellent Nandos sauce provided made up for it, resulting in an enjoyable lunch (rating 3.5 of 5). We did feel that it was really the sauce that made the difference in this branch in Singapore. Sides were just ok, nothing special.

Overall, a good lunch, not as pleased with the chicken on its own compared to other Nando's we've experienced outside of Singapore but the sauces remain 'Top Quality'. Also, prices are on par with Singapore restaurants, which fans of Nando's elsewhere will find to be quite expensive, simply worth noting. In the end, we were happy with our lunch and would dine here form time to time if we lived in Singapore.

3  Thank BradJill
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Lunch here was regular. Nothing special apart from their large selection of chilly sauces.

As I prefer my food mildly spiced I appreciated how I could vary the heat intensity.

However, when the bill came I was shocked! I paid over $40 for a simple unfulfilling lunch. For a chain fastfood restaurant this was outrages.

Very disappointing, terrible value for very average food.

1  Thank Kenjiro S
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We had our Valentine's dinner at Nando's Bugis Juction. Glad that they didn't 'increase' the price during this special day. :)

We ordered 2 sets of 1/4 chicken, mushroom soup and garlic bread & sparkling apple. You can order Lemon & herb if you can’t eat spicy. Service was quite fast and good polite staff.

*Note: It’s cheaper to order single set compared to the meals platter (for 2) as it already cost you $45 for it.
They serve ice water nowadays, unlike few year(s) ago. :)

Nice yummy chicken.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

I was first introduced to eating at Nandos last March 2011, my boss and colleagues held a small meeting in Nandos and from that day forward I fell inlove with their food :) I always visit Nandos when I travel to Singapore approx 3x a year, They actually don't accommodate reservations. Because of heavy traffic the restau gets being inside Bugis Junction and right down Hotel Interconn. Though without reservations we hoped they could accommodate a medium crowd like us (15 people) and to our surprise, they let us use their outside chairs and tables, which converted to a long table discussion and presentation area. Anyhow, I could list their several foods and not get tired because I love all of them. But special mention to the spices they cook chicken with, I like herbs and spices the most.

Last time I was there, when I brought my family sept 2012 last yr to watch F1. They also loved it! I hope, they can open a branch here in the Philippines! :) All the best!