“Interesting building, overpriced once inside” 4 of 5 bubbles

Singapore Duck Tour
Ranked #43 of 796 things to do in Singapore
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The ArtScience Museum at Marina Bay Sands is Singapore’s premier destination for major international touring exhibitions.Get transported back to the Precambrian, Triassic, Jurassic and Cretaceous prehistoric periods in the first exhibition of its kind, and relive the dinosaurs' natural environment as you uncover how the different species lived on earth. With hundreds of remarkable fossils and specimens, and original vivid illustrations reconstructing appearances of the extinct species, gain deeper insight into the rich and fascinating world of dinosaurs through the collaborative efforts of skilled artists and scientists.
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Interesting building, overpriced once inside”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Visited the Museum after seeing the Mummy exhibition advertised, the building itself is amazing but I felt the exhibitions was so overpriced and these wasn't that much to see of the Mummy artifacts

2 Thank TLB3989
Wendy L, Manager at ArtScience Museum at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear TLB3989,

Thank you for visiting Mummy: Secrets of the Tomb.

I look forward to welcome you back for future visits to check out our exhibitions, activities and other regular programmes.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Nice!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Well organized and informative. I was there for Mummies' exhibition and Essential Eames. There are play centre for Essential Eames, however they will need to be more attentive to guests and explain to them what are they suppose to build and what are the purposes. It was fun nonetheless. =)

2 Thank Mephala
Wendy L, Manager at ArtScience Museum at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Mephala,

Thank you for your review. I am happy knowing that you had the opportunity to visit Mummy: Secrets of the Tomb and Essential Eames: A Herman Miller Exhibition.

I look forward to welcome you back for future exhibitions.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Better from outside”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Although the curious geometry of the building makes it intriguing from outside, the exhibition offering is quite poor for a place that aims to be an "Arts and Science Museum".
As other attractions in Singapur (and the rest of the city!) it is perfectly clean, modern and well maintained, the staff is absolutely kind and efficient and there are activities for children, but to be honest I still have to find the link between art and science here.
The original idea is good but IMHO it has to be developed a bit more to compare to similar museums around the world.

2 Thank Beppe B
Thank you for your review, Beppe B.

I am thrilled to know that our Team Members’ service standards matched your expectations.

ArtScience Museum presents exhibitions and programmes that seek to understand what drives creative people, how they acquire their skills and how they work, in order to inspire the creativity in all of us.

I look forward to welcome you back in the near future to explore future exhibitions and programmes.
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A complete waste of money and time”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

I agree with what many others have said in their reviews; the outside is nice but the inside is a waste of your money.

The museum is beautiful from the outside, and has a prime location that offers gorgeous views of the city and marina; however, entering the museum is a waste of your money and time. The first sign this was nothing more than a way to gouge consumers was when I had to pay $9 for my sleeping 2 year old to enter - I don't even pay an admission fee for her to enter the Jurong Bird Park or the aquarium on Sentosa, yet this pretentious mess charges admission for a 2 year old. The next sign was that seniors don't receive a discount until they're 65, so they charged full admission for my 61 year old mother (this is also different than most museums and attractions around the world).

After being robbed at the ticketing counter we proceeded to the Mummy exhibit. The lower floor is split into 4 areas that you could visit (a restaurant appeared off limits due to construction). Two of the 4 areas were entirely devoted to the museum's greed - gift shops. Another area was a small theater that showed a "3D" movie on mummies (it was just OK), and the final area was the actual mummy exhibit.

The mummy exhibit wasn't bad, but I've visited the Egyptian Museum in Cairo and this paltry display was a letdown, particularly given the absurd pricing for admission.

The top floor of the museum, which I assume is their "permanent" exhibit, is a complete joke. One room with a looped video (way too loud), and another room with what I guess these crooks consider the science portion of the museum - a brief description of a buckey ball...

Avoid this museum unless you enjoy throwing your money away. Take photos of the outside, enjoy to lovely lotus blooms in the surrounding pools, and even step inside for a little air conditioning, but don't bother paying to enter.

2 Thank TTown77
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback here, TTown77.

I regret to hear that your experience was not a fully successful one.

I note your feedback on some of our product standards and have shared them with the relevant departments for their review and attention.

ArtScience Museum presents exhibitions and programmes that tell the stories of what drives creative people, how they acquire their skills and how they work, in order to inspire the creativity in all of us.

Some of our past exhibitions include Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition, Harry Potter: The Exhibition, Andy Warhol: 15 Minutes Eternal and Dali: Mind of a Genius. We have new exhibitions every few months and regular programmes for visitors of all ages.

I hope that you will allow us to welcome you back in the near future.
Kirknewton
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Really good show”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

We visited the museum and took in the Mummy exhibition and show. Our six year old, along with us, thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I can imagine some really spectacular exhibits here.

We looked around the shop - not as overpriced as you would think. The assistants took time to engage with our son too show him various things and he had lots of questions for them.

The 3D Mummy show was really interesting and the interactive exhibits with a factfind for my boy was well done.

I would love to go here again for another exhibition.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Nina_H_9
Dear Nina_H_9,

Thank you for your wonderful review.

I am happy knowing that you and your child thoroughly enjoyed Mummy: Secrets of the Tomb and that our Team Members assisted to ensure his questions about the exhibition were answered.

I look forward to welcome you back in the near future to explore future exhibitions.