“Mummy at the Museum”

Singapore Duck Tour
Ranked #43 of 856 things to do in Singapore
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The ArtScience Museum at Marina Bay Sands is Singapore’s premier destination for major international touring exhibitions.Get transported back to the Precambrian, Triassic, Jurassic and Cretaceous prehistoric periods in the first exhibition of its kind, and relive the dinosaurs' natural environment as you uncover how the different species lived on earth. With hundreds of remarkable fossils and specimens, and original vivid illustrations reconstructing appearances of the extinct species, gain deeper insight into the rich and fascinating world of dinosaurs through the collaborative efforts of skilled artists and scientists.
Reviewed May 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Marina Bay Sands and we only had to walk through the underground walkways and through the shops to get to the Museum, aircon all the way. The Museum is an excellent building, surrounded by ponds and on the bay side. It is clean and tidy and the staff are courteous and helpful. We saw the 'Egyptian Mummy Exhibit' and it was well presented and easy to walk through. Well worth a visit, the building itself is a masterpiece and great just to walk through and look at.

Wendy L, Manager at ArtScience Museum at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear Kenaohp,

Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that you liked the design and architectural features of ArtScience Museum and that you found Mummy: Secrets of the Tomb enjoyable.

Thank you for your kind compliments on our Team Member’s service standards.

I look forward to welcome you back for future visits.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,179)

Reviewed May 20, 2013

The ArtScience Museum is not really a museum, I think, but more of a high-tech exhibition building where you can enjoy some fascinating displays. Our group visited the Egyptian mummy exhibition and the Lego exhibition upstairs. From the moment you enter the premises, you get a sense of the place being well organized and careful thought given to ample space being given for visitors to appreciate each exhibit.

The building itself has a spectacular design in the shape of a lotus. The entrance area features a lovely lotus pond. And the setting beside the bay is just simply fabulous. The area offers a great view of Marina Bay Sands and the vicinity. The museum is connected to a mall where there are plentiful restaurants and shops.

The mummy exhibition featured a movie that you are compelled to see before the rest of the exhibition. I thought this was too restrictive but it was a great time to nap after a lot of walking outside! The displays themselves are interesting, but the exhibits are understandably not as extensive as some others around the world. I understand this, though, as it was not a permanent display and was of a lesser figure in Egyptian history, not a pharoah.

I liked the interactive nature of the Lego exhibition more. The work that went into the construction of each display was phenomenal. The creativity in putting one together was just mind-blowing and worthy of a place at the museum.

ArtScience Museum is the kind of place that needs really fascinating exhibitions to do justice to the place. Check the exhibition program beforehand.

Dear Chattan_k,

Thank you for your review.

I am glad to know that you had an enjoyable visit to Mummy: Secrets of the Tomb and The Art of the Brick, and got to explore the design and architectural features of the Museum.

I look forward to welcome you back in the near future to explore future exhibitions.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Wow, it sounds great. What did you like about it? The "Harry Potter exhibition"
everything from original costumes to the list of "Dumbledores Army" although the exhibition is over

Dear Arelene I,

I am glad that you had the opportunity to visit Harry Potter: The Exhibition.

I look forward to your future visits to our exhibitions.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Lego display was worth a look, true artwork and Ancient Egyptian was also.
Albeit that the officious staff would not allow me to enter the exhibition without watching the 3D film beforehand which resulted in me waitig for 20 minutes for it to start. These so called "rules" that the new residents of Singapore enforce spoils the experience of Singapore.

Wendy L, Manager at ArtScience Museum at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, melbkiwi.

I am glad that you had the opportunity to visit The Art of the Brick and Mummy: Secrets of the Tomb.

The 3D film at the start of Mummy: Secrets of the Tomb is an essential part of the exhibition and provides the background for a better understanding of the exhibition.

I note your feedback and have it with the relevant department heads for their review and attention.

I value your patronage and I look forward to your future visits.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

There was Mummy exhibition when I was there and I joined. The exhibition was fine. Then I go to upper level to the gallery. I wished I could see many things displayed. But I was overexpected. Nothing displayed on the 3rd floor except the building history thing.

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments here, Hilman F.

I am glad that you had the opportunity to view Mummy: Secrets of the Tomb.

The Art of the Brick is a concurrent exhibition held at Level 3. The permanent exhibition, ArtScience: A Journey Through Creativity on Level 4 showcases the power of creativity as it is manifested in the world of ArtScience across three unique spaces: Curiosity, Inspiration and Expression.

ArtScience Museum has new travelling exhibitions every few months and programmes (workshops and activities) that explore the creative processes to understand what drives creative people, how they acquire their skills and how they work.

I hope to welcome you back in the future to explore our exhibitions and regular programmes.