“Sweet Seafood”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Orchard Road
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I came for dinner the other time with excitement! Besides oysters, to my surprise they have Alaskan crab, mussels, prawns..it is so hard to resist. With seafood it is best to eat pair it with wine. So I asked Push(might be the manager because he wears jacket); to recommend me on some best selling wines. But in the end I ate the seafood alone because of its sweetness. Push is so helpful and offered great assistance to his staff.

10atClaym0re, Manager at 10 at Claymore, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Thank you for choosing to dine with us and we are glad you enjoyed the buffet dinner at our signature restaurant, 10 at Claymore.

We endeavour to provide the freshest seafood and a comprehensive cold selection to complement the buffet line and we are delighted you appreciate it too.

I will be sure to share your compliments with our Asst. Restaurant Manager, Push it is always a delight to hear from guests like yourself that the service provided was appreciated.

Andy Oh
Executive Chef

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I'd would recommend this place to my family and friends! Would really love to be back again, no complaints for me and my family! Great service, good food, whatelse more?! Waitress were all
Smiling and bubbly and FAST, were very prompt.. Buffet variety was huge.. and i was surprise to see locals workers more than foriegners coz previously our family visited a hotel nearby for buffet too, and we had a little hard time communcating with the waitress, not sure where are they from(maybe china) but here singaporeans.. With very good service, seriously!!! I even confirmed with the Indian girl if she's from Singapore!! We were surprised cos we actually stereotyped Singaporeans that they can't do service line... My apology!!! You guys thumbs up!!! My mother really loved it, so did we! Good job people! Thanks for the great night! Definitely will come back!!!!

We endeavour to prepare our service staff well to be able to meet our guests’ requests and it is always delightful to hear from guests, like yourself, that their service is appreciated. I will be sure to share your compliments our service team and I am sure it will encourage them to keep up the excellent job.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

The buffet variety was good, however I didn't really get the chef's style of infusing nearly everything with orange zest. I am not a buffet person, preferring more of a sit down fine dinner experience, but I must say the quality of food and menu design was good. Food aside, I felt that this was one of the best service staff in a long long time! Everyone was friendly and cheerful, and at least 80% local Singaporeans. You don't get this very much nowadays. Thumbs up to the restaurant management for the service!

Thank you for dining with us and we are delighted that you enjoyed the quality of our food.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I've been to couple restaurants for buffet in Singapore. 10 at Claymore is the first one that I could enjoy UNLIMITED live open oysters... yeah, I am a seafood lover. I was delighted to see they had fresh oysters bar. Not really big in size though, they were very juicy and a bit salty. Matching with few home-made sauces, they simply tasted awesome!

The seafood corner also kept us happy, lobsters, crabs, scallops.... yumyum!!

The dessert corner also attracted me, I was delighted to see macaroon in the house! Yes I like macaroon so much. Not many buffet in Singapore serves macaroon, so I was kinda happy!

Apart from the nice buffet, we had enjoyed two bottles of nice white wine. White wine is always the best friend with seafood, yeah :D at the end we spent like SGD 100 per person (Buffet + wine).

If my parents visit Singapore, I would definitely take them here for seafood craving!!!!

We definitely look forward to welcoming you and your family in the near future!

Andy Oh
Executive Chef

Reviewed May 2, 2013

We went to 10 at Claymore for a birthday celebration. The food was great - great quality food even though not much of a selection. Was very impressed with not only the food but the waitresses. They were geniune, prompt and always smiling.

The great disappointment was when it was time to make payment. We had a disagreement on the soft drink charges - we were told more than once that it is free flow and part of the buffet (like the coffee). So there seems to be a communication issue between us and the wait staff but why should the customer be penalised?

In any case, the HUGE SHAME was when the manager got one of his wait staff who served us (there were a few who did) to come to the front counter to be questioned by us while he stands there. The attitude of this manager in treating his team members was appalling! You NEVER should place your team members on the spot while trying to clarify a situation. You should always speak to them in private unless requested by the customer that they would want to speak to the staff direct.

We then asked to speak to management and he said he is management. But lo and behold - another higher ranking manager came out to speak to us instead.

This manager's attitude was not the best so try to avoid him where possible - you can recognise him as the one who walks around the buffet without a smile. I am not sure if he is aware he is in the service industry.

Such a pity that a wonderful evening is marred by such a person and such a terrible policy the hotel upholds on mistakes made by themselves. We ended up paying for discounted soft drinks even though it was not our fault (we asked more than once - this we kept repeating to them but a deaf ear was turned).

Once again - kudos to the chef and the wait staff. Not sure if we would be recommending the place to others though after this incident.

Also, I wonder if Pan Pacific has anyone monitoring such feedback as I do not see any response even when good reviews are given.

Thank you for choosing to dine with us and we are glad you enjoyed the quality of the buffet dinner and the service by our service staff at our signature restaurant, 10 at Claymore. I will be sure to share your compliments with culinary team and I am sure they will be pleased to know they had enabled you to have a most delightful dining experience.

We constantly endeavour to provide the best dining experience for our guests. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused and would like to assure you that this is not in line with the level of service we are recognized for in regards to the soft drink charges.

As your recent experience is of great concern to us, I would like to invite you to email me at joe.nanda@panpacific.com or by calling +65 6831 6681 in order for me to personally extend my sincere apologies for the shortfalls and to allow us to improve upon those areas of concern.

Once again, our sincerest apologies and we look forward to welcoming you back to 10 at Claymore.