“Great Value For Money”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of 10 at Claymore

10 at Claymore
Ranked #41 of 10,496 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Seafood, International, Asian, Singaporean
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Orchard Road
“Great Value For Money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

We made reservations for a birthday dinner 2 days in advance, notifying the staff that my family and I were celebrating my dad's birthday.

The Bad:

There was no free birthday cupcake offered to us until we made a request towards the end of the buffet. And it seemed like none of the staff knew it was my dad's birthday, except for the restaurant greeter. When my dad finally received his birthday cupcake, which we requested to be packed, it was squashed into a rectangular tupperware as they had no other containers to pack it nicely into. So -1 pt for service, as I felt they lacked the 'human touch' and attention to detail.

In addition, plate-clearing was slow, considering the fact that the restaurant only had a couple of guests at the beginning of the night. There was one staff that was walking around aimlessly and didn't even come to our table until the manager instructed him to do so to clear our plates. Another -1pt for service.

When my dad requested for a finger bowl, the staff did bring us one but the water was COLD, which was highly unusual. I've had many buffets here in SG, and I've always been served with a warm finger bowl, never a cold one. So I figured that either the staff doesn't know what a finger bowl is, or she didn't really care and simply prepared some sliced lemons and cold water in a bowl. One last -1pt for service.

-1pt for ambience, as we were sat right next to the glass window, which faces the hotel lobby, where vehicles drive in and out from. I've been to buffets with a better ambience.

The Good:

The food was really good, except for the mains, which I didn't really care for. So, -1pt for food.

The lamb with orange-peanut sauce and the ribeye, which were cooked to order in small portions, were excellent. I've never had lamb that good, accompanied with that kinda of sauce, and it was a match made in heaven.

The seafood, was great! Even though the amount laid out seems small, once it gets depleted, the chefs promptly replenish it. Fresh oysters (Tasmanian and New Zealand I think) shucked on the spot, juicy scallops, medium-sized prawns, perfectly-cooked mussels, sweet crab claw meat that comes out easily from the shell (a sign of freshness) and crayfish with its roe still intact! The spread truly surprised me, as I had always thought that the seafood spread at Melt Cafe in Shangri-La was the best in town.

The crepe station offered a variety of fillings, but I went straight for the durian crepe, which was delicious! Tried the strawberry one too, which was equally delish. You can go crazy with the toppings; from chocolate sprinkles and diced berries to fresh whipped cream and strawberry syrup.

The desserts were pretty decent, with a good mix of cakes, jellies/mousse/custard in shot glasses and a few local offerings (tau huey and cheng teng, if I remember correctly). The chocolate and strawberry macaroons were yummy, next to the coffee station. Only two flavours of ice cream were available, but I was way too full to try them (because I had three fairly large portions of awesome seafood).

Conclusion: All in all, if it weren't for the half-past six service that night, I'd rate the restaurant 4.5 out of 5. I would highly recommend the buffet to anyone looking to get some bang for their buck.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Makan_Champ

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
“Everything is excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

We are very happy with the service staffs, everyone is smiling face helpful and friendly- as well with the food spreads it's just enough for a.dinner buffet spreads. The oysters and lobster are really fresh the crepe I askbthe chef to put everything on it and he really did! I really appreciate. My family is very happy! Thank you!

1 Thank alicetanOO
Singapore
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“quality and not quantity”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Visited this restaurant for the first time, was told by one of my friend that it is good.

Indeed, it turns out to be a pleasant experience with extensive selections of quality food. Nice cheese spread, excellent brie cheese that they have, and of course, they have cheeses that you seldom find anywhere else. Great seafood selections, of course I don't say that they have lots and lots of varieties, but they have just enough and just the right popular choices.

Nice beef texture from the so called mini ala carte menu that was included well to incorporate the buffet selections.

Friendly chefs and staffs to serve you well.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank pandyKath
new zealand
“10 stars for 10!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

My friend and I visited 10 @ Claymore for an indulgent buffet, and indulgent it was! The seafood was fresh and the selection of oysters were much better than most other hotel buffets I've been to. We also particularly enjoyed the Plates of Pleasure which was a selection of made-to-order specialty dishes that come in small portions, that patrons could place endless orders for. One of the dishes was the Angus steak and it was really delicious! There was also a huge array of desserts, but we missed trying most of them as we were enjoying too much of the mains and hot dishes that there was no space left in our tummies!

Our experience was further made pleasant by the jovial staff and especially Jay, who oversaw that we had an enjoyable dinner. He was friendly and a joy to have a little chat with..if only he could have joined us for dinner!

Would definitely return again - for the food and the great service!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank dase10
California
“My Dinner experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

Wonderful seafood spread and friendly crews. Value for money and i satisfied with the service staffs. Thank you 10 at Claymore.

• Visited September 2012