“Extreme Disappoint !”

Parc Sovereign Hotel - Albert St.
Ranked #165 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Bangkok, Thailand
“Extreme Disappoint !”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Booking 2 rooms, 1 on Executive room and 1 on superior. Buy front desk staff just put us to both of superior rooms. First mentioned that we had book both superior but when I point out on document that we had book exec. room, she then say it systems error. (Indeed, It's her error).

However, we have to stay at 2 superior rooms. Front desk staffs say that all executive are fully occupied. I had booked 2 week in advanced and get confirmed but I still cannot get what we booked. Staffs keep say sorry but not help anything to solve nor offer to transfer us to nearby hotel. They offered us by reduce rate from Executive room we book to superior room rate we stay. which is mean nothing, I stay superior so I have to pay superior rate. This is not call offer at all.

Room is clean but small and not sound-proof. You may hear TV from room besides. Bathroom has no bath curtain to split between wet and dry area, so it will wet whole floor after shower.

The hotel set price so high but deliver to customer so poor quality & service. I'm quite disappointed.

There is a local food court near by at Albert Food center (walk from to hotel, passing Lasalles University and cross the road. It's on the way to Bugis MRT). You can find local food stall there. It's worth to try what local eat.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Proxity

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Vientiane
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I am always amused by people who complain about the size of a hotel room when the sizes are explicitly stated on websites when you make your booking. It appears some people cannot read.
The hotel is average. Yes, the rooms are small, but I knew that of course. In contrast to other reveiwers, I found the rooms clean enough. The location is excellent with many good places to eat within walking distance. My main gripe is the smell of the cleaning fluid which is uded throughout the hotel. This was strong and very irritating. The service at reception was friendly.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Rufuscat
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed here while bringing a group of university students to Singapore and in need of budget accommodations. The hotel is modern and the location is good. The service is almost non existent, and the rooms are minuscule, as is common is Asia, but that should be expected.

The bad:
The rooms were not cleaned well. The toothpaste in my sink on day one, was still there a week later. My hand towels were never replenished. Toilet paper ran out on day one, never replenished. Floors were dirty. Breakfast was just white toast, beans, and Asian noodles, and the breakfast room was dirty. Tables not wiped off...

The hotel was filled with loud families and misbehaving children. You know it's loud when university students complain!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank kallen02
GlobalPremiumHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Parc Sovereign Hotel - Albert St., responded to this review, June 17, 2013
I had taken note of your feedback concerning the housekeeping and cleanliness of the room. The issues you had mentioned have been brought to the attention of my Hotel Operations Team and they are looking into making improvements on this aspect. They will also highlight the breakfast issues to the restaurant operator, who is incidentally a tenant of our hotel.

I apologise for the less than satisfactory stay experience and hoped you will give us another chance to serve you.
uk
Reviewed June 7, 2013

This is the worst thing ever feel like hell hotel so small tiny.. but the location are good near town area.. we go back to the topic about the hotel.. the room are smelly and so dirty.. most of the staff are not friendly at all BUT only one of the staff are soo friendly her name was TAN NURHAYATI love her customer service she keep on smilling althougth 12 hours shift but the end of the day she still smilling.. she very very helpful, she help me alot and she is loca btw.. if there is competion i will vote her.. haha.. i will be back to look for her... ;)! Pleace give her award of her customer service..

Thank you..

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Santiuk
Perth, Australia
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I'm surprised by some of the reviews here. This was an inexpensive, convenient and pleasant place to stay for a few nights. Staff were perfectly fine. Room was basic, but had all the essentials and was clean. Airconditioning OK. Bed comfortable.

When I arrived, safe was locked, so I called desk, and a staff member was there almost immediately to open it.

WiFi for $10 per 24 hours was annoying (that it wasn't free) but worked fine on fifth floor.

About 1 minute walk to Little India corner of Serangoon Rd and Rochor Canal Road, so very convenient. There will shortly be a new MRT station right next door (Rochor station) on the new line, which will add to the convenience.

Albert Court a pleasant little hideaway right outside. A couple of restaurants and bars.

I didn't use attached restaurant ... too many other good choices around.

For the price paid, hard to expect more than I got.

Will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed June 6, 2013

It's a new and clean hotel. Staffs are friendly. However, it's a bit difficult to find the hotel for the 1st time. When you take taxi, just inform the taxi driver that it's behind Albert Court Hotel. Room is not too spacious but it's clean. If you're not going to spend a lot of time in the room, I would suggest this hotel. There is a small food stall near the hotel, called Hawa Restaurant, good food and cheap

• Stayed June 2013
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stayed here over a weekend night during Apr'13. Initial service we came upon at this hotel, ruined the stay for us.

Service rendered by lobby staff was horrid. Tried to walk-in without making a reservation beforehand, but was waved off by lobby staff telling my partner and I that they were fully booked. Puzzled because we just saw there were available rooms from online sites, we accessed and booked a room via a online hotel room site, and walked back in.

We asked the same staff who waved us off, why did he tell us it was full when we just managed to make a booking? He ignored us. Then I handed him the credit card which was used to make the booking, and stood there waiting for at least 20 minutes to get ourselves checked-in. All other hotel customers who reached the hotel later than us, got a room faster/earlier than us. I asked why was it taking so long, then the staff showed me a calculator with the price/rate for that night.

At this point, I had to tell him off that I already made a reservation and full payment. Why did he made us wait there for 20 minutes just to tell us the room rate? There was another lobby staff who gave excellent service to other customers. She advised the customer to make a booking over online sites as they were cheaper than walk-in rates. It was truly service with a smile.

Room was small, but it was expected as we did our research beforehand. It is good only for a very short stayover. Bathroom got very wet as there was not shower door.

I would not go back again, due to the bad attitude and service from hotel lobby staff named John.

Room Tip: Might be noisy due to construction works going on across the street.