“good location with bad services”

Parc Sovereign Hotel - Albert St.
Ranked #162 of 314 Hotels in Singapore
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“good location with bad services”
Reviewed May 4, 2011

A very good location where its only less than 10 minutes walk to Bugis MRT. you get a lot of local delicacies on your way to MRT, food, clothes and many more. basically you name it, you get it.

We arrived at 1pm at the hotel check in desk and requested to check in (as they said check in time is 3pm). We asked if there is room available for us to check in due to the long and tiring flight since last midnight. We were told we will be incured charges if we wish to do so. Spoke to the manager and finally they allow us to do so. What is the problem for us to check in earlier into OUR room while you have empty room? Are you trying to sell your room in between the 2 hours for day users?!

Room is dirty. Urine staine on toilet bowl, bedsheet with stain and dust and hair everywhere on table top and floor....when we requested to clean the room again, we were treated very very badly by the room attendance...he physically dump the pillow on the floor and nagging all the way...

i will not stay here anymore with the price (SGD 225 for twin sharing per night through travel agent)!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank tree5

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Jakarta
Reviewed April 28, 2011

I had a conference to attend in Sin in mid of April,and booked this hotel through Agoda a month before. It was a new hotel, with limited review on the internet. As the price was at about my budget, I choose this hotel. I arrived a day before my conference start.

After showing my booking to them, the staff looked confuse, and asked "when did you book this, because our hotel is full today (it was 12 apr)?" What?? I searched my email and showed them that I book on March 9,2011. Than I had to wait for 30 minutes at the lobby, until I was really mad. I told the guy that I would like to cancel my booking and stay somewhere else. The hotel staff told me that my booking can't be cancelled as I am paying to Agoda and not to the hotel. What they offer is to transfer me to their sister hotel and promise to refund my first night in full. The second and third night the staff told me that the room will be available.

I was too tired to argue, than I walked with the staff about 3 minutes to a hotel called Fragrance Selegie. I got a single room, tiny, now windows, but fortunately very clean. That night I email Agoda and report my problem. Agoda did reply me promply the next day saying they are investigating my case with the hotel. That did not help much.

The next day before I went to the conference, I had to check out, left my luggage to Parc Sovereign in the morning, and hope that night my room will be ready as promised.

After a whole day conference, I went back to Parc Sovereign, and thank god I got my room, and also they gave me the refund for the first night.

Agoda again email me on the 14 april, saying that they had discussed with the hotel that if I decide to cancel my booking, the hotel will give me SGD 30 per night?? Really not a good deal, and also late reply.

I would not complaint regarding the room, the swimming pool, the location of this hotel. As a new hotel, all of the furnitures were brand new. The location was also ok. It is near to the bus stop of Bencoolen Street and also Selegie Center. It is located only 15 minutes walking both from Bugis MRT and also Little India MRT.

But being transferred to another hotel on my first night, really dissappoint me, and made me has to warn you all regarding this. Take my tip, if you book thru an online booking, send your confirmation to this hotel prior your arrival. Just to avoid same thing happened.

For a full review, you can visit my travel blog www.tesyasblog.com and search under categories "Singapore".

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank tesyasblog

Travelers are raving about these Singapore hotels