“Excellent Service, Wonderful Location - A nice slice of Spore”

Village Hotel Changi by Far East Hospitality
Ranked #76 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent Service, Wonderful Location - A nice slice of Spore”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

A long overdue review but better late than never! This is a hotel we regularly come to for our staycations and one I would highly recommend it if you just want to chill out, enjoy some good local food and soak up the peace and tranquility of "rural" Singapore. Very efficient service. Front Office staff were able to sort out for me a double booking on my room and went the extra mile to liase with the company with which i had booked online. I arrived very stressed about the double charge but the gentleman at the front desk was so helpful and put me at ease immediately. He kept me updated of the situation and in the end, got the agent to send an email confirming that my payment will be refunded. Everyone is very friendly, rooms are clean. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Kent_Law, Manager at Village Hotel Changi by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear bluebops,

Greetings from Village Hotel Changi !

Thank you so much for the better late than never positive review and glad that you have enjoyed our hospitality and facilities. It's indeed our pleasure to be of service to you and be rest assured we will continue to strive in achieving excellent service. We hope to have you with us in the near future.

Do contact me should you be planning your next staycation, hope to welcome you again.

kentlaw@fareast.com.sg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (548)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Australia
Reviewed November 12, 2013

This review is a little late but due to a missed flight in January 2013. I needed accommodation overnight close to Singapore Airport. The Travel Desk at the Airport suggested the "Changai Village" and I could not have been more pleased with their recommendation. I was a perfect place to stay and far exceeded my expectations. Do not be put off by the rather boring hotel exterior.

There was a free Shuttle bus from the Airport and on arrival I had a speedy checking at the Front Desk, with the assistance of "Minykm", who was most friendly and helpful to a tired traveller such as myself. Nothing was a trouble to the staff of this hotel !

My room, 502, was clean & quiet, bathroom good and I had everything I required for an overnight stay. There were no "frills" in the room but @ $130.00 Singapore Dollars, I thought the price perfect for what I got. In the morning, before I left for the Airport I had breakfast which was delicious and well presented. Would I return ? The answer is a definite yes.

The free Shuttle bus service is a great plus - well done "Changi Village" and Minykm if you are still working there of the front desk.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Kent_Law, Manager at Village Hotel Changi by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear YakkaAustralia,

Greetings from Village Hotel Changi !

Thank you so much for the positive review and it's definitely never too late for us. Glad that you have enjoyed our hospitality, unique location and facilities especially our complimentary airport shuttle. Your commendation on MingKun been passed on as well and he's delighted with it.

Do contact me should you be planning your next Singapore trip, hope to welcome you again.

Edinburgh Scotland
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Stayed here one day for an early morning flight after a cruise. The staff were faultless could not do enough to help. Everything about the hotel is beautiful and the infinity pool on the roof is great pity about the wooden sun beds as they need a mattress. This is my only complaint. Free shuttle service to the airport. I would give this hotel 5*. Did not know the area but plenty eating places close by.

Room Tip: we were upgraded to floor 6 as we were not staying the full night no noise. Just across from the pon...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Eleanorrob,

Greetings from Village Hotel Changi !

Thank you so much for the positive review and glad that you have enjoyed our hospitality and facilities. For your infor, we are in process of reviewing and plan to replace our existing sundeck chairs, will definitely take in your suggestion too.

Glenelg East SA Australia
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We only stayed one night but what pleasant staff, willing to assist in any way they can, helpful and courteous. The room big enough, with enough space for two to do their 'own' thing, so one on the laptop, other watching TV for instance. Beds very comfortable, on the firm side but just the way we like it. Pillows good too, so 10 out of 10 for that department. Had a meal in the room, not too bad at all, bit pricey but it is room service after all. We decided to get the breakfast buffer $18++ special offer (usually $20++ I think) and it is well worth it, large range to choice from. Started with fresh cut fruit with yoghurt, then tried some of the Asian on offer, very nice too. Then back to a more traditional Western brekky, egg lady whipped me up a fine omelette and I had some toast. Washed down with orange juice but they had other juices too. Tea and coffee just keeps getting offered by the friendly staff....

The egg station also offered up fried eggs and there is also waffles, heaps of other Asian delights and everything my husband and I had was very good, so all smiles here!

Have not checked out yet, felt compelled to key this one up straight away (does not happen very often)...

And the Wifi, free of course and VERY reliable, which is a welcome change......

The Village is close to the airport, exactly what we needed for the short time we are here, not much time for exploring so you need a place that has all your needs and this ticks all the boxes.

We will definitely be recommending this to others.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Bockie,

Greetings from Village Hotel Changi !

Thank you so much for the positive review and glad that you have enjoyed our hospitality and facilities. Your commendation to our Housekeeping Department been relayed too and they were delighted to received it.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Very close to Changi airport. The hotel amenities are well maintained and staffs are professional. Both my wife and I had a wonderful stay at the hotel. The Sukiyaki set from the Japanese restaurant tasted very good and look forward to patronize the restaurant again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Vance2013
Kent_Law, Manager at Village Hotel Changi by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Dear Vance2013,

Greetings from Village Hotel Changi !

Thank you for the positive review and glad that you have enjoyed our hospitality and facilities. I fully agreed with your positive review on our Japanese Restaurant "Choubei" and do help to spread the words.

Do contact me should you be planning your next Staycation, hope to welcome you again.

Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We stayed there 1 night between flights.
Room was very clean & tidy.
Absolutely NO complaints at all
GREAT value for money.
Food excellent & Staff very attentive to every need.
Would recommend to anyone seeking a clean, well presented & reasonably priced Hotel.
Regards,
Karl from Australia.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank rakool
Dear rakool,

Greetings from Village Hotel Changi !

Thank you so much for the positive review and glad that you have enjoyed our hospitality and facilities. For your infor, we are in the midst of planning a refurbishment with minimum inconvenience to our guests and foresee to complete by Aug 2014.

UAE
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Good location. Free shuttle service to/from airport. Hearty breakfast - both European/international and local cuisine. Rooftop pool with great view. A great hawker center and numerous restaurants to choose from. Staff friendly and helpful. Rooms are big enough, well maintained and clean, except the bathtub that from my point of view needs a refurbishment (but this could be valid only for the room I stayed). Overall, good place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Fanel,

Greetings from Village Hotel Changi !

Thank you for the positive review and glad that you have enjoyed our hospitality and facilities. For your infor, we are in the midst of planning a refurbishment with minimum inconvenience to our guests and foresee to complete by Aug 2014.