Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
crimsonkng
Washington, D.C.

Great service, mediocre rooms

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jan 16, 2013
Bryan at the desk provided great service. The man and woman (sorry, I didn't catch their names) in the Executive Club provided great service.

The rooms were 3-star, MAYBE 3-1/2 star but only because they provided bath robes and a nice, rainwater showerhead. The problem, though, is that there was no hot water in the shower! First time in my life that I took a cold shower. Sink (hot water) for shaving was fine. But no hot water in the shower.

Also, the carpet in the room - though clean - seemed worn/dated. The ceiling in the bathroom needed painting. And the (air conditioner) return vent needed cleaning badly. (Look up, people, look up!) Also, no hand towels. Two bath towels, two wash cloths. Maybe it was an oversight but there didn't appear to even be an area for hand towels. Plus, one, little piece of soap that I used to wash my face and with which to take a shower. Hmmmmm, maybe this hotel IS three-star, after all.

The bed was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was clean. But the overall feel was 3-1/2 star at best.
Trip type: Traveled on business
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
3.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded Jan 17, 2013
Dear crimsonkng,

Thank you for staying with us!

Your compliments to Bryan and the Club Team has been shared and they were delighted by your commendations. On the same note, would very much appreciate if you could write and share with me more on the details of your stay i.e room number and arrival/departure date in order for us to investigate on the points shared, take preventive measures and prevent reoccurence.

In addition, allow me to share with you that we are in process of planning our room refurbishment and at the same time reviewing our room amenities set-up.

Should you be planning your next trip to Singapore, please feel free to contact me and I'll be more than happy to assist.

$171
    $670
11.5 miles from Village Hotel Changi by Far East Hospitality
View more hotels in Singapore
5,987 results
All reviews pulau ubin close to the airport hawker centre rooftop pool sea view shuttle bus local food shuttle service food centre late check long flight deluxe room changi staycation transit eateries hawkers
Selected filters
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Always stay @ Changi Village Hotel on my travels to and from the USA to my consulting assignments in Southeast Asia (about a dozen times a year). . . Typcially a one night duration. Excellent restaurant; clean rooms that are very functional for business travel; located in a beautiful section of Singapore within walking distance of parks and the waterfront; very pleasant, knowledgeable, and helpful staff. For example, I left my cell phone in a taxi coming to the hotel from the Singapore airport and the front desk attendant (Ricky) tracked it down by calling the taxi company and my phone to retrieve it . . . The cell phone was returned by the taxi driver to the hotel 2 hours later. A bit expensive, but conveniently located near the airport and waterfront in Singapore.

Room tip: Try to get a location near the elevator . . . Otherwise, it can be a long walk to the room.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank PeteHall
Kent_Law, Manager at Village Hotel Changi by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Dear PeteHall,

Greetings from Changi Village Hotel!

Thank you for the positive review and constant support. It's truly our pleasure to have you with us and happy to know that our team member Ricky has managed to assist in locating your cell phone.

Do contact me should you be planning your next trip to Singapore and I'll be more than happy to prepare for your arrival.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

great rooms spacious affordable and good service.
stayed for a night nice clean rooms, everything works
free wifi and all that you need for a short stay.
Staff was friendly allowed me to check in 3 hrs early :)
Great facilities, nothing to complain about
HIghly recommend it for a short stay

• Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Mayuresh S

Dear MDSathe,

Greetings from Changi Village Hotel!

Thank you so much for the positive review and support. It's truly our pleasure to have you with us and happy to share that empowerment and flexibility at work by our team member has certainly contributed to your overall pleasant stay with us.

Do contact me should you be planning your next short break.

Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

Would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Singapore! The service was brilliant and the staff were very polite and helpful. The hotel was clean and I was given an upgrade in my room..which was very much appreciated after a long flight!

1  Thank Caz20102010
Kent_Law, Manager at Village Hotel Changi by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Dear Caz20122012,

Greetings from Changi Village Hotel and thank you for staying with us!

It's truly our pleasure to have you with us and thank you for your support. We take pride in rendering excellent service standards and be rest assured that we will continue to serve you to the best of our ability. Should you be planning your next holiday to Singpore, feel free to contact me.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night en-route to Bali. The hotel offer a transfer from the airport but due to our arrival timing we elected to take a cab of our own, nevertheless the hotel check in procedure was very slick and the staff were very helpful in locating a dentist for my wife to have a lose crown refitted within a few hours of our arrival.

The hotel room was pleasant enough although unfortunately we discovered that the restaurant seemed to close very early (10.30pm) we were able to order from the room service menu without any issues. The next day we had several hours to kill before heading to the airport again and so spent the majority of our time in the complimentary business lounge which offered a lovely breakfast and very pleasant environment in which to spend a few hours.

Although we didn't make full use of the hotel it is pleasant enough although a little more 'out of things' than we'd realised - this may or may not matter to others however.

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear DAAD78,

Greetings from Changi Village Hotel!

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be of service to you and hope to welcome you for a longer stay with us as there's more to venture around Changi areas.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Was here to celebrate New Year… The hotel was generally ok, I would rate it 4 star… But maybe because it was a peak period, I don’t think that the staff performed well… Service was rather slow almost everywhere…

We opted the rate with breakfast but seriously, the spread was rather normal.. However it was ok since we stayed for one night only…

As for the location, I quite enjoyed being away for the busy city.. It was like a kind of resort holiday.. Other than that, I like their shower area and both of their ground and roof swimming pools... Our room was pretty clean and neat too...

I wouldn’t mind coming back here again for a staycation, maybe this time I will try their spa... Heard good raves about it...

Room tip: Not sure of the kind of view you may get but do request for an unblocked view. My friend's room has got a view of a big wall outside her window
Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kay T

Dear RoseAmethyst,

Greetings from Changi Village Hotel!

Thank you for choosing our hotel to celebrate your new year and indeed it was a hectic period for all and my apology for some of the shortcomings.

We will be more than to welcome you again and do contact me should you need assistance with your reservation.