“Truly one of the best in the world!”
Review of Restaurant Andre

Restaurant Andre
Ranked #8 of 11,481 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Restaurant ANDRE is an eponymous 30 seats restaurant in Singapore recently ranked #38 World’s Best Restaurant by Restaurant Magazine as well as Best Restaurant in Singapore. Taiwanese - born Chef Andre Chiang developed a culinary principle based on how our capacity to taste food is influenced by our memory banks, including the personal experiences we acquire over time. Octaphilosophy – Unique, Texture, Memory, Pure, Terroir, Salt, South and Artisan represent the eight elements reflecting his roots in south of France. Chef Andre believes only on the freshest of seasonal produce and collaborates with the best artisans in the world. Crafting celebrated creations combining Mediterranean accents and French techniques, Chef André draw inspiration from the myriad selection of products he uses to design his menu every day.
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We found Restaurant Andre on the World's 50 Best Restaurants list and decided to try it out while in Singapore... and we were so glad that we did. We have been to a lot of restaurants at this level and this is truly one of the best we have been to. The experience is a journey through different themes and each dish is fantastic. Molecular gastronomy can sometimes get too caught up in the details, but not here - everything tasted amazing. Despite it being a lot of courses, you are still feeling good when you leave (not forcing food down at the end or feeling like you need a wheel barrel). The service was also exceptional. At one point, my spoon slipped into my bowl and within 2 seconds someone brought me a new spoon - which wasn't even necessary, but appreciated. Don't hesitate on this one - you should go!

Reviewed April 20, 2014

If you go to the restaurant you know it is expensive as it is one of the best and we are in Asia/Singapore, so I will not talk about the money. But even if I did, it is all worth it. The experience at the restaurant is like a journey through a food story. Besides the 8 main dishes, there are some small starters as well as more desert courses, so all in all we probably had around 15-20 different small dishes. If you think this sounds a lot, I would say it is just enough as all dishes are small and just give you a little bit of each of the tastes. The service is great and very personal. What I like is that there is no second seating and they adjusted the gap between the courses for us. I dont like being rushed when enjoying such a special meal. You get a tour of the restaurant after you finish your food. The ambience is very nice.

If at all I was a little surprised that food was served even if one person had gotten up to go to the bathroom. This just would not happen in Europe. The only real negative in my opinion was that there does not seem to be a (inforced) dresscode. If you spend this much money and you want a special evening, I would prefer not having people in sneakers, hot pants and flip flops walk in and being let in. I do think the restaurant should turn these people away or make them change. It does affect other customers and just does not fit the restaurant.

All in all a very special evening and very special dishes you wont find anywhere else. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

To choose a venue for my 50th B'day celebration, we have decided to revisit Andre, Les Amis, Guy Savoy(closed recently) and Iggy's. Our final decision was Andre. On 15th Feb '14, my family of 3, celebrated this occasion with 7 other close friends. We brought 4 bots of wine fr our own collection & the restaurant provided the rest of the champagne and wine arranged by the wine sommelier, Mr Ken Hasegawa, to match the menu of the night. Everything went according to plan, from the flowers for all the female guests of the party to modification of the menu for guests allergic to certain food. On arrival, the guests were whisked to the 3rd flr of the restaurant for champagne and canapés while waiting for the rest of the guests to arrive. After some mingling & photo taking, we proceeded to the 1st flr pte room for dinner. Andre is a no-menu restaurant but we hv requested chef Andre to prepare some of our favourite dishes, like the fish de-construct & foie gras moose. Every course as usual were executed to perfection be it visually or taste. All the guests, even those who have already been there before, were very impressed. Most admitted that it was the best meal they've ever had. I like to thank Chef Andre and his team for making my Birthday a very memorable one. Andre definitely deserve many return visits and the reputation of being the best in Singapore.

1  Thank iloveFoodwant
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I was super happy when finally I got confirmation for my reservation this time. I have tried 2 times before on my last visits to Singapore. The restaurant itself is pretty small with decent decorations. The theme of dishes are interesting, Octaphilosophy. A dish representing each philosophy, with the climax of foei grass custard, Chef Andre's signature dish. What I like the most in this fine meal is the deserts part. He served not 1 or 2 desserts, but 4 desserts and petit four. All are so special and excellent.

2  Thank Ferliana21
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Invited for lunch yesterday...and my feedback follows....
Great service with all staff except trainees knowing exactly what we need and what to do...they can recite all ingredients in each course of 5 dishes for set lunch.....
Delicious starters but main course of black cod was too salty for my group but oath wise enjoyable...
Next main of welch lamb looks nice but not so to taste buds. Meat was bit red and acceptable to eyes but tough when it should be tender being spring baby lamb....not sure if due to cooking or bad supplier?
Dessert of generous slice of fresh strawberry tart was delicious and much enjoyed after the scoop of iced lemon sorbet which was lumpy and not fined....perhaps sitting in freezer for while before being served.
Coffee in any combination latte, espresso, mocca, macchiato, long black, white, decaf....was nice to finish off a over extended biz lunch.

Oh..the wine list which occupied only first 8 pages of an antique book requires a magnifying glass and a new database of unknown small boutique wines....look for appellation and not wine maker....
Perhaps good for discovery but not for those that want certainty....grand crus or 1st growth...
Busy dining rooms up and downstairs and spanking clean kitchen with many whites...
Rather noisy group next table celebrating birthday and getting somewhat slouch....and almost shouting at each other....in Andre?
To get your Michelin star...yes for presentation, service but no for taste, wine list and ambience....
Of course Chef Andre and guest chef from Paris came by to say hello but we were all too polite to say more than niceties...

4  Thank ronniekp