“Popular place - for good reason”
Review of Osteria Mozza

Osteria Mozza
Ranked #73 of 10,645 Restaurants in Singapore
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Marina Bay
Description: OSTERIA MOZZA is nearly a mirror image of its namesake in California, with the delicious addition of local seafood and produce. The heart of Osteria Mozza's dining is a free-standing fresh mozzarella bar, where a wide array of dishes—centered around imported bufala mozzarella, burrata and burricotta cheese—is prepared nightly.
England, United Kingdom
“Popular place - for good reason”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

One half of this place is a pizza place and the other a more traditional Italian restaurant. I don't do pizza so we headed for the other side. I'm ashamed to admit that it was visitors to Singapore who introduced me to this place on my doorstep. It's inside the MBS shopping complex, looking inwards so not exactly a great view. Nonetheless, the food and service more than make up for it. All the dishes our party ordered looked good and tasted better. Staff were extremely knowledgeable on both food and wine but pity they didn't talk me out of the Californian craft beer which didn't rock my boat at all. Some of the piped music was a bit on the loud side and the place was generally quite rowdy but watching some of the food being prepared feet from our table took our minds off it. I will go back and I will take visitors there so I guess it must have left the right mark. Busy place usually, I believe, so reservations recommended.

• Visited March 2013

• Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Gordonsville, Virginia
“Great Italian food, but pricey”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We started with drinks at the bar and then were seated for a lovely dinner. Thankfully we did have reservations because this place was full when we left. The portions were fairly small for the price, but I think Singapore is expensive in general. We all (five of us) ordered something different and everything was delicious. We especially enjoyed the side of potatoes. The servers are very knowledgeable about the menu and wine.

Hong Kong, China
“Excellent pizza, probably the best pizza base in Asia”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I heard about this pizzeria from a friend, with whom we are in a search for the best pizza's across cities in Asia.

In Singapore, I hadn't had a good pizza yet, since every time I am in town I head to Otto and that satisfies my hunger for great Italian food.

This place is one of Mario Batali's establishments, so it has the right pedigree. We had no trouble getting a reservation for the same night, however it was a Monday. Service is great, and the pizzeria itself has a very warm atmosphere. It's next to Osteria Mozza, which is a bit fancier.

We ordered some starters ("best garlic bread ever" said my boss) and a pizza each. There are such a wide variety of combinations that you are probably going to be thinking about the ones you didn't order and already plan to come back to try them all.

My pizza was great, had a few cheeses on top and was a variation of the quattro formaggi. The crust was the best part, nothing I have experienced before. very crunchy, almost breadlike, not heavy at all.

The entire party agreed that the pizza was great. Definitely will come back if pizza is the choice for the evening.

The only small thing that bothered me is that you are in a shopping mall, and whilst the pizzeria itself has a good atmosphere, you can't escape the fact you are in a mall.

Perth, Australia
“Three words yum yum yum”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

As a table of 7 women enjoying a very special birthday, you could not have found a better fitting restaurant for food lovers at heart.

We were welcomed warmly and offered drinks at the bar. we had arrived earlier than expected which as of no issue to the restaurant.

We decided to indulge in the chefs tasting menu with some beautiful red and white Bastianich wines to top off our meal. From the start to the end each dish was as good and even better than the last.

We were so excited to share this meal with one another and the event of the evening was when the head chef came out to greet us.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst pizza”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

This is a very poor Italian restraint . The service was poor, the ambience terrible - loud American rock music, staff more interested in talking to themselves. The pizza was almost inedible, poor base, way too much oil, dried out salami, poor taste. Then to to it off the price is over the top. This so called "celebrity" restaurant is an indictment on the chef/owners

1 Thank StephenJohn79