“Best place to stay!”

Ranked #58 of 223 Specialty Lodging in Singapore
Melbourne, Australia
“Best place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

This is the third time that I came back in Singapore and I never changed my hotel. Rucksack inn has it all. Walking distance from MRT Clark Quay. The rooms and bathrooms are clean. The staff are very helpful and kind. You may ask their assistance about everything and anything. The overflowing tea/coffee and toast is a plus! It is definitely recommended for solo travellers, friends and families.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank mdallas71

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Everything you need for a short stay in Singapore. Great for a youth hostel. Nice staff and added bonus with free tea/ coffee and toast/ sandwich bits. Would definitely recommend if looking for budget accommodation.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank LondonAms
Jakarta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

When i come to Singapore, i will always stay here! The hostel was good, and the staff are really friendly. The hostel itself, close to MRT Clarke Quay, and the famous nightlife attraction; Clarke Quay, where u can have a glass of beer, dining, or even get wasted! Anyway, i recommend this hostel for young traveler who like to see around, and not the young traveler who loved to shopping or going with parents and kids.

Room Tip: Choose the top bunk bed if like cold.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Bekicotngesot
Denpasar, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

I went to Singapore last year in July'11. Firstly I was worried that I couldn't find cheap hotel there. But, after I googling some hotel for backpacker, i found Rucksack Inn that offered cheap price and i see on website that the hotel has good reputation in backpacker's eye. So i book the room. When I arrived, the hotel is not bad.. Nice room, nice staff, nice atmosphere. And also the hotel provide us free breakfast (toast and jam or peanut butter) and also free mineral water (that's very needed for backpakers LOL) Until I checked out, i didnt find any problems, so I was happy and I will come back to Rucksack Inn if I visit Singapore again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jessica L
Cebu City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

We booked the quad room good for 4 people and it was really really small. During our first night, I wasn't able to sleep because my heart was pounding and I was breathing heavily. I think I experienced claustrophobia and I never experienced this before. But after a few hours, I got used to the space and it was all good. I love their bathroom, it was really really clean. If you are traveling on a budget, this place is perfect. You get free breakfast (bread, peanut butter, jam, coffee, tea, water). There is free internet and the staff is very helpful. The hostel experience is new to us and we really enjoyed it. We would definitely recommend this to our friends.

Cons- you have to climb at least 2 sets of stairs to get to your room. Unfortunately for us, our room was on the 3rd floor.
Pros - really really clean, love the bathrooms, love the breakfast and internet, love the staff :)

Room Tip: If you ask me, book the common room/dormitories rather than the private rooms. Because most private...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

I just got the info about this hostel from my friend. She said that this hostel is highly recommended. So, I decided to book also for my trip on last week. I just arrived in Spore about 11 pm. I took the MRT to go to Clarke Quay station. I followed what the instruction was telling me in rucksack inn's website. From Clarke Quay MRT station, it's about 5-10 minutes to go to the hostel. First impression, not so good. Just a simple red door on the corner. But I just got there. OH MY GOD, simple cozy and tidy place. You're not allowed use your shoes or sandals to go to your room. You're not allowed to smoke inside. That's why the place is always tidy. Thumbs up! I booked a room for 4 people, and I got CLOVE room. It is such a small room with 2 bang beds. But it's so tidy and quite comfy for some days. And the important thing is..... the bathroom! OH GOD, I love it. Hostel with a shared bathroom, what do expect, huh? But rucksack inn's bathroom is beyond of my expectation. Super tidy and super nice. Oh, another nice thing is... All you can eat bread and beverages, like tea, coffee and mineral water. And also we got free wifi, tv in the room, clean towel, and some new friends from several countries. Wohooooo!
The bad thing of this hostel only the neighborhood. Actually, the location is super okay. Cause from Clarke quay station, we can go to any places easily. But, I don't really like the pub right beside the hostel. It is quite bothering me and my friends every time we go back to the hostel at night. And we cannot smoke peacefully on the outside.
Hmmm but so far, I would really love to go to this place again someday, I will recommend it to my friends :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank missyellow05
Taiping, Perak, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

Fresh, clean and well located, with friendly staff. All day breakfast and free internet via multiple terminals. Within short walk of Metro, Clarkes Quay, Chinatown, Orchard etc. I think I was mostly impressed by the staff here. They were very friendly, welcoming and helpful. There is some reconstruction happening on the street which causes a certain amount of noise pollution at the moment, but that doesn't start before 9am.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business