“wonderful”
Review of Watertours - CLOSED

Watertours
Reviewed December 26, 2013

As dusk falls and twinkling lights appear on shore, we pull away on a romantic harbour cruise. The cool, night air spells magic as silhouettes and shadows interplay with the lights on Sentosa and ships in the Western Anchorage; try matching the passing sights with the commentary. Once the sun sets, dinner begins – an appetizing international buffet to complete the enchanting evening.

1  Thank adi035

Reviewed November 22, 2013

A group of 7 went on the Cheng Ho. 4 had experienced this cruise seven years ago. The cruise itself was lovely, sailing around the harbour, but the food has to be improved. I understand that the cost of the cruise is not only the food, you are paying for the running of the boat, staff etc.
We went on Saturday night 16th November, 2013. There was only about 15 people on board. Those of us who had experienced the cruise before, had something to compare it to. The food was not up to standard. If you call a caesar salad, iceberg lettuce and parmesan cheese, you will be disappointed. The laksa had a lovely taste. The 4 of us who had experienced this night out before were disappointed as we compared it to our previous trip. The boat itself looked great, the cruising was lovely, with the light show on Sentosa, but I would have to look into what food was being served before I could recommend this cruise. Helen, Sydney Australia.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

An overseas friend booked this for a birthday gift for me, and I was quite excited to go, having never heard of a dinner cruise in Singapore. I have been here nearly 2 years and not heard anything of this company nor this cruise.

Well now I know why, what a disappointment!!!

We caught a taxi to the pier and there was no signage or anything directing us to check in or collect tickets. The orange cordial served on arrival was severely watered down, a little surprised to be offered such a "basic" beverage on arrival, perhaps would have been better if they left this out.

The boat has clearly been restored over the years, very authentic, and no problems as far as the vessel. The cruising itself was lovely, you go out to Sentosa and back, it was a very calm balmy night so perfect as far as weather, however do not expect any ambience, or atmosphere, everyone there (all 10 guests) looked as unhappy and disappointed as us.

The dinner was very very average. The salads were a poor excuse for a Ceasar and sausage salad. The sausage salad tasted like plastic and the Ceasar was iceberg lettuce with packet parmesan cheese sprinkled generously all over it. The Mushroom soup was nice, but again I couldn't help feeling this was canned soup. The chicken skewers and laksa were the only things Singaporian on the small buffet. But as they didn't look too appetizing, I gave them a miss, and instead opted for the steamed rice and mutton curry. Steamed rice was dry and beginning to go hard from sitting out and the mutton curry, was full of potatoes and not much of anything else.

Dessert was sealed pre packaged jelly cups, mini profiteroles and dry cake... We Didn't find these too appealling, but as we were still hungry, we tried the profiteroles and dry cake. The profiteroles were soggy on the underside from condensation from being pulled out of the fridge and left to sit out and the cake was as suspected. Dry.

I would hate to think what my friend paid for this cruise as a present for my birthday, any expense was as far as I am concerned too expensive and a waste of money. If you must do the cruise then choose the option with no food!

2  Thank ladyofleisureisles
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I had a "CHENG HO" Cruise ride excluding meals. View of Singapore Flyer . Fireworks display "Songs of the Sea" and overall sailing was worth. I have enjoyed every bit of that watching busy harbour, giants ships specially catch the sunset and skylines. Must GO

2  Thank ViJo_12
Reviewed August 28, 2013

After I had booked for the cruise I then read the reviews & was expecting a bit of a let down... well all I can say is that the other writers must have picked a bad day. Our cruise was fantastic.. beautiful evening, great service. Pick up & duration of cruise was spot on. The food was wonderfully presented & there was definitely plenty. We caught the Song of the Sea show & it was amazing... any closer & it wouldn't have looked so good. would definitely recommend this cruise for service & value... $57 for pick up both ways, a buffet meal & the cruise... fantastic.

4  Thank T C