“highly disappointing”

Cuisines: European
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Area/City Area
Description: LeVeL33, the World's Highest Urban Microbrewery is a concept which presents an unparalleled dining experience, completes with one of the best views of Singapore Skyline. Residing in the penthouse of Asia's best business address™, the Marina Bay Financial Centre (MBFC) Tower 1, LeVeL33 is the epitome of urban penthouse dining.
Reviewed April 19, 2019 via mobile

I only give this place 1 star and that’s for the view alone. I made a reservation in October of 2018 with the intention of sitting on the terrace for the view. I made this reservation via Chope (online reservation system used in Singapore). When my husband and I arrived for my reservation on April 18, 2019 I was told I couldn’t sit out there and that I should have called to make a reservation in order to secure the space. Instead I was placed on a waiting list and took a seat at the bar. We ordered a $120 bottle of wine and a $25 cocktail. After 45 minutes of waiting and seeing multiple tables clear from the terrace we asked the waitress how much longer and this is where my experience turned from bad to worse. She proceeded to tell me there is a $60 minimum spend per person to sit out there(which she mentioned multiple times) as if we couldn’t afford it even though we already ordered a bottle of wine and drinks. She then told me I should have made the reservation a month in advance to which I responded I made it since October. She said she would see what she could do. A manager then proceeded to come up to us and ask when we made the reservation (once again) and told us again there was a minimum spend. At this point it was insulting being told over and over again that there was a minimum spend. My husband and I felt like we were being racially profiled. After his interrogation we finally got a seat outside. Instead of apologizing for the misunderstanding and being helpful he was acting as if he was doing us a favour. All of that aside the service we received from ordering drinks was terrible. We were waiting 15 minutes to place our order (in which our waiter had to receive clarification multiple time to which bottle of wine we wanted). And the staff only checked on us once during the 2.5 hours we were there. I wouldn’t even recommend this place for the view alone as I am sure there are other restaurants in the area with same view and with better service.

Date of visit: April 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (2,251)

Reviewed April 18, 2019 via mobile

Lovely bar with a view, though the prices are a bit punchy.

Had a poorly experience unfortunately. The staffs tried to charge additional drinks that was not ordered. Make sure you check your bill! Although they instantly cancelled the additional charges when I flagged it to them...because I was still sober. God knows how many jolly drinkers/ diners they over charged! Beware!

Reviewed April 17, 2019 via mobile

I’ve been to LeVeL 33 several time for drinks. The beer although expensive even by Singapore standards is good and you accept that included in the price is the view which is spectacular.

We decided to have dinner there and was really disappointed by a) the price, b) the quality and c) shocked at the limited menu.

Service was slow we had to ask a waiter to take our order. They refused to put bread on the table until we had ordered. For the price I would have expected better tasting hot food. My scallop starter was tepid. The two steaks we ordered for our main course one medium the other rare were not that different.

Maybe it’s because they are closing down for a renovation with two different restaurants opening in place of the current one. For a special night out I was unimpressed. Over priced very ordinary food, let’s hope for better when they open after the renovation.

Go there for a drink nibbles and the view. Eat somewhere else nearby for half the price.

So disappointed

Reviewed April 15, 2019 via mobile

Much love for Level 33, never disappoint. The view is outstanding but the staffs and service is one that other F&B outlets should make an example of!!

Thank you Dharmen!

Reviewed April 14, 2019

Great place to take visitors to Singapore and I have done it a lot of times. There is wonderful view during the day and evenings. Food is good and the on-site brewed beer combined with good attentive service, plus the view makes for a great evening.

To get an outside table, prior bookings are required especially for the evenings. During the week if you visit, then just after lunch; you might be lucky to walk in and get outside table.