“super friendly staff”

The Green Kiwi Backpacker Hostel
Ranked #42 of 237 Specialty Lodging in Singapore
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Beds are very packed in at this place but a nice place good location super lovely staff on reception all the time its a good base station for a traveller met cool peeps here and was useful to have a full kitchen available as Singapore is not cheap

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We plan to come back to this hostel as it us everything you could want. Close to the centre via the train. Free breakfast, proper bedding, free use of pc's. Exceptional staff, great all round. We stayed in the dorms and felt safe, we could lock our stuff away in free lockers. The rooftop was a cool added extra.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2013

amazing!!! Comfortable, cheap, It's located in quiet area in Singapore downtown's. There's speed intrenet conexion and the staff so friendly specialy the recepcionist Hanna.It's include breakfast and there's a kitchen where you can cook.I've been in many backpacker hostel in Singapore and this one It's definitely the best one.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We started and ended our trip in Asia-Green Kiwi Hostel. The atmosphere was always super-thanks to the many backpackers and the good-humored staff. We stayed in the female dorm-that bunk beds were comfortable, of course was not enough space for the luggage and the room had a musty smell, but it was not really bad.
We had an open shower area, unfortunately the toilets were often flooded, because some people simply can not behave.
In the morning you will be greeting you with a "Good Morning! Breakfast? Coffee or Tea?" welcomes and then there toast with sweet spreads and fruit and drink to-really delicious.
There's enough info on the city by the employees and four computers with a stable internet reception.
We have felt very comfortable with you, dear Kiwi's. Thank you for that!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Green Kiwi Lavender. Wow, at first I was a little worry, since there was a photo with a s*it in the rooftop. My worriesome is gone! I arrived there and Nesti welcome me, with a really good english, another staff are really nice, helpful also, and homey atmosphere. I got a female dorm, the bed is really nice,clean, met some asian and western travellers, some nice ,some are making noise while i slept. Facilities in green kiwi are the best,shower,toilet,wifi,internet. Really worth to stay! 15 min to Lavender St, and 8 min to Boon Keng St by foot, there is a bus also, had a food court open near the hostel. Nice , I really had a nice stay :) thanks! Will definitely stay here again, maybe in Bugis.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Anissa P
Reviewed September 14, 2013

My friend and I came to the Green Kiwi for two nights while we observed a religious holiday. Using the directions from the hostel, we arrived for check in from the MRT with no problem. Check in was a breeze, but I noticed quickly that there were no lockers in the room. Rather, if you wanted to lock up your valuables, you had to go to the reception area and back.

Thinking fondly of the pictures I saw of the rooftop garden online, I went upstairs to check it out and read a bit in the sun. Unfortunately, the space was in a state of neglect and disrepair. Unlike the advertisements, the lack of cushions on the couch, the flora debris scattered on the tables, the fallen-in canopy, and the general dirtiness of the area made it undesirable. It affected the way I used the hostel, because without that chill out space, there really isn't anywhere to sit down and read a book besides the stool area by the reception desk. The rooftop area was a big draw for me; I was disappointed to find that it was out of commission.

The room looked like any other hostel room I've been in. They kept the temperature a little hot for me, but I realize that they can't please everyone, so I didn't mind. The real draw of this hostel, my friends, is the comfortable beds and comforters! They didn't skimp on the mattresses, the sheets, the pillows–everything! The beds were totally great.

Otherwise, the Green Kiwi is much like any other cozy and well-run hostel on this side of the world. The reception staff were wonderfully chatty and hospitable. The beer was cheap. The breakfast was good (especially the coffee!) The outdoor bathrooms were perfectly clean. I liked this place. But, I think I would have really really liked this place if they maintained their main draw a little better.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stayed here last July with my friends, we rented a whole room since we were 5, the rooms are small compared to hotels but hey this is what you paid for. the room was very clean and comfortable, it is best if you will get the room near the shower area so you can easily go to the bathroom if needed.

The breakfast which is coffee, bread with different kinds of spread and fruits are awesome. the Filipino assistant is very helpful as well as the other nationals.

Location is perfect for tourist, its in the purple lane so you just have to ride all the way to sentosa and dont forget to stop by farrer park so you can go to the malls nearby, =)

I will definitely stay again in this hostel. See you soon friends! =)

Room Tip: Select room near the restroom