“nice experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Loof

Loof
Ranked #4 of 135 Nightlife in Singapore
More attraction details
Owner description: Singapore's first standalone rooftop bar, Loof presents a cheeky and quirky character with extra local flavour. Carefully crafted Southeast Asian-inspired cocktails, such as the Loof Bubble Tea - with vodka, gin, rum, orange liqueur, sour plum, passion fruit, calamansi, lemon with yoghurt, fruit & tapioca pearls - sit alongside food with an Asian twist, while a cool breeze graces the urban garden just across the road from Raffles Hotel. Upon entering Loof, you will be greeted by nostalgia-infused The Mama Shop, a locally curated souvenir shop that offers a trip down memory lane. Consistently named one of Singapore's best rooftop bars across international publications like Travel+Leisure, Timeout, Harper's Bazaar and Wallpaper, Loof will take you up and away.
93 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“nice experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

had a fun night chilling with friends there in dec 2012. drinks were unique, ambience was great. it was not crowded on a weekend night. price was reasonable.

Visited December 2012

• Indonesian first
101 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 119 helpful votes
“Unique drinks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

Went for an evening drink one night and had a nice time. Liked the space and found the drink menu really interesting with a variety of unique specials. Staff was not attentive, but 1 drink was fine for that.

Visited April 2013
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Nice again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Came here for a pre dinner drink last night. Must say Loof has improved hugely since the new leadership and its refurb. Less of a pretentious hang out and more chill out with friends and have a good chat kind of place now. The service team was certainly one of the best in town!

Singapore
109 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 213 helpful votes
“Used to be a lot better...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

In the last few weeks I have been here twice. Once on a Saturday evening and this week simply on a Tuesday. Both times I was severely disappointed. The view and the ambiance has not changed all that much; it is pretty much an office/expat-crowd bar. The drinks are okay... they do a decent Singapore sling and an okay Long Island Ice Tea. However, the service is truly a shame. Most of the times they are way understaffed - so it takes forever to get your drink, if at all (on Saturday they had initially forgotten our order altogether but when the waitress brought the bill she had added the service charge nonetheless... for what service?). On the other hand, on quieter evenings it feels like they are overstaffed. Last Tuesday I had not even finished my drink or the waiter already wanted to take the glass away. By doing so he also interrupted our conversation by suddenly moving in between us and clearing up what he assumed were our empty glasses. The same thing happened half an hour later when he decided that we had finished our French fries (which we had not). Although I have some pretty good evenings here in the past I have decided that I will avoid this bar from no onwards (until there is some news about a change of staff/management).

Visited September 2012
1 Thank mbaas
thelobeholdgroup, Public Relations Executive at Loof, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear mbass,

Thank you for your feedback. We apologise for your experience at Loof and would like to get in touch with you for more details so that we can investigate this matter.

Please drop us an email (press@lobehold.com) with your contact number and we will be in touch with you within 24 hours.

Best Regards,
Jeanette

7 Jan 2012
singapore
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“The ambiance is better but the service is appalling!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

I was there last Sat nite attending a friend's farewell party. Although the place has improved (in terms of decor and ambiance) from when i visited a few years ago, the service was poor! The bartenders and servers were way under-staffed - running around, screwing up the drink orders and service was SLOW. It took me 30mins to get my drink - only until i walked up to the bar to get my drink did i get served. And to make matters worse, they screwed up my drink tab by charging me with a jug of bourbon which i didnt order - it was my fault for not checking the bill til the next morning...ugh! And I wasnt the only one - a few friends got their drinks mixed up and go extra drinks by mistake as well (not such a bad thing for them hehe). Anyway, that'll be the last time i patronize that place.

On a good note, the music was ok and the quality of the cocktails were decent - my wife ordered the raspberry mojito and it was done well.

But they need to fix the service issue.

Visited June 2012
Dear archman4,

Please drop us an email (press@lobehold.com) with your contact number and we will be in touch with you within 48 hours.

Best Regards,