“Good for overnight only”

Fragrance Hotel - Classic
Ranked #224 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I chose this budget hotel as a transit layover stay. we checked in late and check in was easy, taxi to this location was about $24.00 from Changi Airport.Room was small with only about a foot around the bed. Bathroom is a small bathroom with a rain shower.The air-condition worked fine a
There is a good restaurant right across from the hotel and at 11:00 pm after the late check in we enjoyed the food.
Front desk staff were polite and very helpful to a point of even flagging a taxi for us in the morning. I needed the WiFi for a few minutes which by the way is chargeable but the staff were kind enough to allow me fro free usage.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Again our preferred hotel Le Peranakan was fully booked (perhaps I shouldn't have given it such a good review...) and my wife didn't like Hotel 81 so as we have used Fragrance before, gave it another try. The room however was smelly and damp, and nothing would dry out even with the aircon on. At one stage the walls were slimy to the touch, which was probably some kind of mould growth. The bathroom was a good size (our daughter's was poky though) but the floor was always wet and there was a bad smell.
On the plus side the location was quite good, bus to Vivo ran regularly and only $1.70 each. Lots of restaurants around with traditional Chinese food.
Staff are very friendly and helpful and always cheerful ; they should be in a better hotel. We got a free parking spot round the back of the hotel which saved a fortune in parking fees, though the parking in Balestier Plaza next door is probably more reasonable.
I would not stay there again unless the room had a window to at least let some air in, as the only fresh air was under the door, drawn by the minimal draft from the sanitary exhaust fan.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

My original booking is at Oasis but I was transferred to Classic due to some maintenance issue said by the old lady there who was unfriendly and I really don't understand what she said when I reach there. I even told her my luggages were heavy but she just explain that Classic was just across the street. Not really helpful and understanding. At first I was hesitant to do so because I am very tired but I managed to went there anyway because it is just across the street from Oasis. Upon reaching I was greeted by Charmaine, the receptionist there. She, out of good will, gave me an early checked in. Then I met another of the staff, Faisa, very gentleman helped me with my luggages and was very street smart about directions in Singapore. Upon reaching my room, well, not bad, small, no window and suitable for one or two only. It's a budget hotel so I don't expect much. But the excellent services from Faisa and Charmaine is very excellent indeed. Faisa even send me to the bus stop on my checkout day because of my heavy luggage. Helpful and kind. I will defitnely come back in January 2014 to this hotel because of excellent services, good location, good food around. Thank you Fragrance Classic.

- Meili Thamrin

Room Tip: Ask for room with window.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I have stayed at other Fragrance Hotels before but my stay at the Fragrance Classic this time was remarkable. Yes it is a low budget hotel with minimum facilities, but what it lacked on amenities, it gave more on service and hospitality. For you future travellers, if ever you meet Fragrance Classic's remarkable staff KRENA and CHARMAINE, give them a big smile because they will definitely give you an even bigger smile back. These two are the perfect example of people who should be working in the hospitality industry! Thank you!

Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

The room is pretty quite small, it's only for sleep and keep our luggages. But I'm impress with one staff there. Her name's "Krena". 'Cause I've an eccident with my finger. I've ask her for the name of beeswax to put on my finger, then she said i no need to buy, just use their. Then she did bandage for me twice a day(morning and night after shower). She was very helpful to me. And other staff they're also helpful i can't remember the guy's name and a woman's name at the front. But I would like to say "Thank you" to staff there especially "Krena".

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Charmaine and Faisal take care well at our arrival and were always present for all our needs even we just stay one day.
Thanks for all attention.
If we come back may be we will return in this hotel.
Christian & David from Paris

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed here for two nights and very surprised with the size of the room. It's tiny. Generally I know hotel rooms in Singapore can be small but the superior room I got from this hotel totally redefines small. The first night I shared the room with a friend of mine, so basically there's wasn't much room to move around with our luggage on the floor. The room is perfect for a one person stay but for 2, it can get squeezy, however the bed fits 2 persons perfectly fine, just the space of the room is small. The bathroom is tiny too. As much as the room's size shocked me, but cleanliness wise is fine. You can forget about watching tv because the reception is poor. Luckily this room has windows (but you can't open it). For those who takes Odyssey bus from KL would find this hotel very convenient because the station is just next door. However, in general there's nothing much on Balestier road. The MRT is far (novena station), you need to take bus number 21 or 131 from opposite direction to get yourself to Novena station otherwise you have to spend about 20 minutes to walk there. Wi fi is not free, I was charged 10SGD for 24 hours usage on one device only. The chicken rice right opposite the hotel is very delicious, worth lining up for. You can go to Shaw plaza, which is about 5-10 minutes walk, nothing much there, but you can get KFC, McDonald and the movies. Not far from the plaza there's a place call American diners, I didn't try it though. The hotel receptionist (Krena) is a very sweet and polite lady. Very helpful too. But the one that works night shift, is not as pleasant as Krena. Overall, I am happy with the cleanliness and Krena's politeness.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends