“Didn't live up to expectations”

Cut by Wolfgang Puck
Ranked #17 of 10,676 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Marina Bay
Description: CUT at the Marina Bay Sands in Singapore is the third location for master chef and restaurateur Wolfgang Puck's critically acclaimed steakhouse concept. Providing the finest range in beef selections, grilled over hard wood and charcoal, CUT is home to the true steak connoisseur. Choices from around the globe include USDA Prime, Australian Angus, and Wagyu selections from United States, Australia and Japan, and currently offering the uniquely marbled Snow Beef from Uenae Lake Farms, Hokkaido Japan. Our sophisticated menu is complemented by a range of produce and ingredients sourced directly from the Santa Monica's Farmer's Market in Southern California giving guests in Singapore an unparalleled experience of fine food, all while served in a hip, contemporary atmosphere. CUT also features a bar & lounge providing a menu spanning over 50 original, handcrafted cocktails and our "Rough CUTs" lounge menu of delectable bar snacks: open daily from 5:30 P.M. Onward.
London
“Didn't live up to expectations”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Wish I had taken another reviewers recommendation and had the chocolate souffle at the bar and nothing else. For us, the steaks were excellent, one of the best ever. It was however the rest of the experience that let us down. While our individual service was very good - nice explanation of the menu, wine presentation, pacing, etc. - the 'frantic' service around us was distracting. We were seated in the middle of the restaurant which wasn't perhaps the best location. We found the large staff rushing to and fro off putting and combined with the horrible background music (more noise really) and hard surfaces everywhere, made for a not very relaxing experience. Admittedly I put a lot of emphasis on the overall ambience and experience but when we dine out and spent considerable money, I look forward to more than just great food.

• Visited January 2013

• Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
“Perfect”
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

This is my number 1 steakhouse. Globally. Seriously. Perfect steaks, like the Wagyu-Idaho Angus crossbreed, Kobe style. Great starters, bread, wine selection, and the service is unreal in its quality (this IS Singapore after all, hard to believe). And then there is the Valrhona Chocolate soufflé. I suggest you come here for it separately without having anything else. Just sit at the bar, eat the soufflé, drink a glass of de Bortoli Noble One and enjoy life.

1 Thank Dennis H
“Loved the Ambience.”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Service staff was great, friendly. Food, though expensive, was worth the money spent. Great for special occasions. You pay for the brand and the celebrity. This is a once in a while splurging.
Make reservations. It is necessary.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Harris J
Houston, TX
“Best steak ever. Seriously.”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Being from the USA, I was fairly confident that I had tried the best beef in the world in Texas. I found out I was wrong, their Kobe beef is so awesome, it has changed how I think of steak forever more. Probably the best meal I have ever had, with the best service I've ever had. We had a drink at the bar before being seated and had one of the best cocktails I've ever had. I will always remember the evening spent at Cut.... It was that good. Only bad thing is that it is very, very, very expensive.

1 Thank t3xas
“Great and Impressive”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Everything is impressive in this bar / restaurant from the design to the glasses and even the ice cubes served. We only had cocktails but what cocktails. Service was really professional and the quality of the drinks served was impressive. I shall go back ASAP, so far my favorite bar in Singapore.

Visited January 2013