ibis Singapore Novena
Value Hotel Nice(Singapore)
Hotel 81 Fuji(Singapore)
  • Fitness center
1,426 results
All reviewsmrt stationbalestier roadshuttle serviceshuttle busaccor hotelsfree wifirooms are smallhandy phoneminute walkcomfortable staybuffet breakfast isfront office staffclean hoteldecent hotelshort stayfood courtpublic transport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Very, very small room, a bit smelly as if someone was smoking in the room just before we arrived! If you spend a lot of time in the room please chose another hotel. This is a place to sleep only and…. Very claustrophobic!
The price for a room is on the high side (not adequate to the value).
Nearest MRT station is Novena, a bit of a hike (a hard an uphill 10 minutes’ walk) and next to Loy Kee chicken rice restaurant (the best chicken rice in Singapore)! A bit far from Orchard Road!
Fair in-hotel restaurant.
On a positive side. A very good, professional and accommodating front desk staff. Our check-in and check-out was swift and efficient.
My advice to tourists, find some other place at the prime tourist spot.
If you are business traveler and your client is not in this area please find another place.

Room Tip: All very small!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
GuestServices_GM1, Manager at ibis Singapore Novena, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear businessman2000_11

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.I would like to apologize on the lapse of service in the Housekeeping.

Please rest assured that your comments are addressed and we are taking appropriate measures to improve to meet the guest satisfaction.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at h7451-om@accor.com for further assistance.

Hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Even though I say affordable along with every hotel in Singapore it is way overpriced. It is clean, convenient to the MRT and the staff are very friendly and helpful. Typical Ibis, the rooms are small, best for one or two nights as a couple but adequate for longer stays solo. The only real gripe is that there is very little in the way of eating outlets in the close proximity, the hotel restaurant is good but needs more variety.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Dear bcynical 24

Thank you for your comments on ibis Singapore Novena . We are glad you have a pleasant stay .We wish to thank you for your compliment to the Housekeeping Team and the friendliness of the ibis Team.

We hope to see you again in your next visit to Singapore.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed in this set up for 3 nights on a business trip 25 to 28 February. The location is most strategic with Novena Square shopping mall and MRT station just a stone throw away, Room is amazingly clean amidst being small, and staff is attentive to requests in suggesting places of interest and local eateries. Nice breakfast at the little cozy café. I had dinner in the café (I think it is called Open) for 2 nights out my 3 nights stay, as the prices is reasonable. I must give due recognition the staff who took our order during my dinner on 27 Feb, for apologizing courteously for missing out on our order of pizza, not because it was eventually on the house/or giving my little a glass of fresh milk but having in the honesty to tell us what actually happened (i.e. the kitchen missed out the order), in such circumstances, likely some other restaurants which might prone to give excuses. I think such approach of the restaurant does make a difference.

The Novena MRT station forms part of the North-South Line, which travelling to Orchard Road or Marina Bay Sands, most handy. I would love to return for the next business trip in Singapore.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Lifesacupcake
GuestServices_GM1, Manager at ibis Singapore Novena, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Dear Lifesacupcake

Thank you for sharing your experience at ibis Singapore Novena. We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and all the compliments to my team members.

Hope to see you again in your next visit to Singapore.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

In 2012, I had many business trips to Singapore before I relocated to stay in Singapore. Thus, Ibis Novena had been an hotel to accommodate my business trips due to the fact that it is closest hotel to my office which is at Macpherson road. This is only reason that why I pick up this hotel.

Room: pretty small, I mean VERY SMALL. It is OK if you plan to stay at this city not over than 2 nights, over than that if you spend a lot of time in the room. It will drive you crazy... Simply say that it is only the place where you go back from your activity and sleep.

Location: Nearest MRT station is Novena which somehow you need to walk around 10 mins uphill to the station. Only pros is that it is 10 min walking distance to Loy Kee chicken rice which I found the best chicken rice in Singapore. !! Don't mixed up with Boon Tong Kee - please walk a bit further then you will find Loy Kee is opposite side to the tourist Boon Tong Kee.

Price: Even with my corporate rate, I found the price is considered on the high side - back to 2011 when I visit Singapore as a tourist, I pay 10-15% higher at Peninsula Excelsior and it is right at the middle of city center - city hall MRT station.

Conclusion:
If you are tourist, find some other place at the prime tourist spot.
If you are Business traveler and your office/client is not in Macpherson, Novena, Moulmein, Balestier, Toa Payoh, Potong Pasir area, find another place.

Cheers

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Robynaga
GuestServices_GM1, Manager at ibis Singapore Novena, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear Robynaga

Thank you for sharing your experience at ibis Singapore Novena. We would like to get in touch with you, please do not hesitate to contact me at H7451-om@accor.com.

Warm Regards

Reviewed February 22, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
GuestServices_GM1, Manager at ibis Singapore Novena, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013