“Nice & clean”

ibis Singapore Novena
Ranked #98 of 312 Hotels in Singapore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Semarang, Indonesia
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I would like to share another good experience in staying at one of Ibis Hotel properties during my recent visit in Singapore, Ibis Singapore Novena, recently (in mid November). At first, after reaching Novena MRT station, I got confused a little bit on how to reach the hotel from the station as there was no visible sign but this problem quickly resolved after asking a clerk working in the nearby convenient store.

The hotel is located approx. 9~15 minutes walking depending on how fast someone walks and it's not very difficult when you know where you are going. It is quite simple, just go out and look around to see Oasia Hotel supposes to be in (our) back side and so does the hospital (I forgot its name) while Mount Elizabeth Hospital supposes to be In front of us.

Once you get this direction then the main street in front of you supposes to be Irrawady Road, step into Irrawady Road and just keep going east towards Balestier Road, and within 7 minutes walk, we suppose see the hotel in our left side.

Upon my arrival in the hotel, I was quite exhausted and to my surprise, check-in was very fast and efficient : Everything was well prepared prior to my arrival and within 5 minutes, I arrived in my room which was located in the top floor (10th Fl.). Everything was in order and I was quite impressed with room condition as quite frequently, I found many rooms in (other) Ibis hotel properties worldwide, they were not properly taken care of.

However, fortunately, this was not the case as I found everything was in perfect condition from room condition, flooring as well as bathroom (and bathroom towels). Breakfast was great and surprisingly, very tasty considering the hotel's rating and definitely, I will stay again in this hotel in my future trips to Singapore.

Tip : Novena MRT Station is practically close to almost all points of interests in Singapore, only two stops away from Orchard MRT station and only few stops away from casino and/or other places as well. From all hotels I have been staying in the past, this particular hotel is one of the best in terms of its value and facilities.

Room Tip: Join Accor Hotel's loyalty program as you will get plenty of benefits.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Bambang S
GuestServices_GM1, Manager at ibis Singapore Novena, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Guest

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Ibis Singapore Novena.It is always a pleasure to receive positive and constructive feedback so enable us to improve further. Thank you for sharing your experince and the detail description on the direction to ibis Singapore Novena from Novena MRT station and the short walk from the hotel to the nearest Novena Shopping Mall.

I will share your comments with all the team members . I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement and a great motivation to all of us as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you for sharing your experience and we are grateful for your support and look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back .

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed December 4, 2012

This is the first time I have stayed at an Ibis Hotel. I stayed at the Ibis Novena for a week during a recent business trip to Singapore. The staff were great - very friendly, helpful and went the extra mile to do what they could. The hotel is not well located if you are a leisure traveller; it is close to two major hospitals and I think some of the guests stay at the hotel while receiving treatment. The local MRT station is a 10 minute walk but there is a free shuttle bus that leaves every hour or so and will also take you to Orchard Road as well. There are a couple of shopping malls above the MRT station but they are designed for locals and really have little of interest.

The rooms are the big disappointment; functional, yes but lacking any sense of aesthetics. The rooms are all the same size and after a few days the cramped conditions was started to get on my nerves. There are no irons or ironing boards in the rooms but you can ask for them to be sent up. The bathroom amenities are veery basic.

There are no common areas to sit and relax except the cafe. The staff in the cafe are fantastic and in the afternoons serve cold beer and snacks during happy hour.

As a business traveller, this hotel didn't really suit me but it had been chosen the company I was contracted to work with. I think for an extended stay like a week you need a hotel with more facilities and a pool. However, for travellers on a budget and seeking a short stay hotel, the Ibis is fine.

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same so it really doesn't matter!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
GuestServices_GM1, Manager at ibis Singapore Novena, responded to this review, December 5, 2012

Kulai, Malaysia
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Ibis is a mid-range hotel in the Accorhotel Group. I personally like the room although it is small, but nothing is important than cleanliness itself. Hotel is clean, service is good. I received more than expected from a mid-range hotel. Will stay again next time.

Room Tip: Definitely a good place to stay
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

I will share your comments with all the team members especially for Housekeeping Team . I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement and a great motivation to all of us as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

istanbul
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I have spent just one night there. I can clearly say thay It has a perfect location and very close to the Novena Center shopping mall and subway. There are lots of restaurants on the next street and you can get your needs from there..The room was small as the other IBIS hotels rooms but it is ok and the bed was comfortable.The bath was small also. I do not know why IBIS do not provide the bath kit featuring the cotton ear buds or shaving foam etc..Holiday Inn is the best about it..The breakfast was average. IBIS must check their breakfast selections policy. I think they must offer more and better options to their customers.If you pay about 200 $ for a room and have a ordinary breakfast is not good...The staff were good especially at the restaurant..If you want to stay next to the Novena you can stay there..

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple