“wifi”

ibis Singapore Novena
Ranked #98 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed August 22, 2012

again i enjoyed my stay as usual but this time i had issues with the wifi which only worked in the corridors and down at the reception and restaurant, fowl smell in the bathroom once i turned the water on other than that my stay was good and breakfast buffet had more options.

Room Tip: rooms with a view preferably highest floors.
1  Thank Terikukis
GuestServices_GM1, Manager at ibis Singapore Novena, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Dear Guest
Welcome back! Thank you for choosing ibis Singapore Novena home away from home.

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay here.It is always a pleasure to receive positive and constructive feedback so enable us to improve further.

I am sorry that you have encountered unpleasant experience on the WIFI connection in the room and rest assured that we are taking appropriate measure will be taken to prevent future occurence.

I will share your comments with the all the Team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement and a great motivation to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you for sharing your experience and we are grateful for your support and look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to Ibis Singapore Novena.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

The good is pretty good, but basic as well. The room is extra small, but well maintained and clean. The hotel also provides free Wi Fi. We stayed here during our visit in july 2012 and the hotel staff was pretty nice to have us check-in the morning itself

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank nirmaltv

Dear Guest

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Ibis Singapore Novena.It is always a pleasure to receive positive and constructive feedback so enable us to improve further.

I will share your comments with all the team members . I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement and a great motivation to all of us as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Overall the comment is great. The cleanliness of the hotel is good, services was super speed process, Speed for the room check-in and check-out was great too. Awesome!
Anyhow, the location little bit far from the MRT station, need to cross over little hill before could reach the Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

I will share your comments with the all the Team especially to the Front Desk Team for the speedy check in and out process . I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement and a great motivation to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I was together with my wife and kid stayed for 1 night. We stay at the highest floor 10th. The women doing housekeeping purposely use her vacuum cleaner and knock our door very strong for a couple of time. We did put the "Do Not Disturb" sign on our door. So me and my wife guess the cleaner is just purposely disturbing only. I stay in many hotel and this is the one that impress me. Guess she might be work under stress.... Cleanliness is good as this is still a quite new hotel. Check in and check out is also fast. Sound proofing of the room and the corridor is poor. Not a good location, and need to walk at least 20min to MRT. Overall this hotel is only good for single traveler.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
GuestServices_GM1, Manager at ibis Singapore Novena, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Thank you for your constructive comments and feedback.
We are sincerely concerned and apologise the lapse of service in some area.

Your helpful comments are much appreciated, and your feedback will help us to continually improve the standard of facilities and services offered to all our guests.

We hope to be able to get in touch with you directly on this matter. Would be great if you could email us your contact details at H7451-fo@accor.com

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is a very basic hotel. I find the price high for the offerings, The hotel does not accomodate if you arrive early. There isno service as such. You need to do everything ourselves. The rooms are small. The location is OK and the breakfast is OK.

1  Thank Harsh_lele

Thank you for your constructive comments and feedback.
We are sincerely concerned and apologise the lapse of service in some area, as for early check in requests is subject to availability. We apologised that we could not meet your request on your date of arrival due to full occupancy the previous night .

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Hi,
I was waiting to give my feedback, the only good thing is ACCOR group prompted for feedback. What I did'nt like about IBIS Novena

1) Smallest bathrooms I have ever come across

2) For a almost S$200 tarrif
a) No Queens bed, I got 2 single beds with space in between
b) No Tooth brush or paste
c) No Shaving kit or sewing kit - Actually one of my shirt button had come off. I had carried back up shirt that saved my day
d) No Shoe shine - Had to polish my shoes with my socks
e) No Iron board or Iron box had to wear crumpled shirts for bussiness meeting
f) No covered wardrobe space
g) TV had exactly 8 channel options
h) No footware to enetr bathroom
i) No Water bottles
j) No Mini bar the refrigerator was not even in working condition
k) No floor mat in bathroom

3) Cleanliness: When I stepped into the bathroom, lot of hair was trapped in the shower area. Loose long hair on towels to be used.

4) Service: Nothing great or not even at par with hotels I have stayed across Asia

While I had fabulous stay in Acoor managed Novotel in Hyderabad based on which I choose IBIS, rest assured I will never stay or suggest IBIS in years to come.

Regards
Jayendra Krishna

1  Thank jkris_r

Thank you for your constructive comments and feedback.
We are sincerely concerned and apologise the lapse of service in some area.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Stayed 2 nights recently as a single traveller. Check in was fast, was given a quiet room as requested (away from elevators). The queen bedroom met all my needs (very clean), it was a compact room, but as I didn't spend a lot of time in it except to sleep, it was fine. The bed was very firm, but I like it that way. Not too far from local shopping malls and Novena MRT station (about a 10 min walk up/down a gentle slope of a hill), which is 2 stops from the Orchard MRT station. The front desk staff were friendly, gave me a later checkout at 1pm, as my flight wasn't leaving until 4pm. Taxi to the airport was $15.00. It's about a 10-15min walk to a large local hawker centre and wet markets at Whampoa Drive, just off Balestier Rd.

I probably would not stay here as a first time visitor to S'pore, as you are not close to the toursity things to do in S'pore, but as I was visiting family and friends nearby on Upper Thomson Road (but didn't want to stay with them), it was a perfect location, away from the hustle and bustle of touristy S'pore. I had just spent 5 days staying at a 4 star hotel in the shopping district near Raffles City and Bugis, before moving to the Ibis, and I must say, that I actually enjoyed the Ibis Novena better, for service and value for money, and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
GuestServices_GM1, Manager at ibis Singapore Novena, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2012