“My overall experience is "Good"” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of ibis Singapore Novena

ibis Singapore Novena
Ranked #101 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“My overall experience is "Good"”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2011

This is my first time stay in this group hotel. The overall arrangement is good. I requested for early check-in and they offered me either a confirmed booking with payment of previous day or free of charge early check-in provided rooms are available. I opted for the second and really felt glad to see that they informed the front desk and I got my room almost more than 4-5 hrs. early.
The behaviour of the reception staff were nice.
The only problem I faced that there was no supply of drinking water in the room. This was very inconvinient. Every time I needed to buy packaged drinking water.
I feel the administration should pay attn into this matter.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2011

Singapore is good city for transportation and we can go somewhere easily by Bus, MRT, and Taxi. This hotel is still new, the smell of room is good, included Breakfast is good. We can go by bus to Novena Square near MRT Novena and coming back to hotel by walking on foot. All staffs of hotel are good and can help us with good information.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GuestServices_GM1, Front Office Manager at ibis Singapore Novena, responded to this review, December 4, 2011
Dear Guest

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Ibis Singapore Novena.It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thank you for sharing your experience and we are grateful for your support and look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to Ibis Singapore Novena.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2011

This is a new Ibis, not all taxi drivers are familiar with it. Very nice + clean rooms. It is a 7 minute walk to the nearest MRT station-most of the walk is shielded from rain. A particular treat is the restaurant downstairs where you can eat a la carte. Great food and service.
One minor point is that there was a connecting door in my door to an adjacent room, and this was not insulated (could clearly hear the neigbours).

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking time to tell us your experience at the Ibis Singapore Novena. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectation. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
At Ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer,therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

We hope to be able to get in touch with you directly on this matter. Would be great if you could email us your contact details at H7451-fo@accor.com

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Best Regards
Tangerang, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2011

My wife and I had selected this hotel as we had to deal with Thomson Medical Center and it was indeed a good choice as it was only less than 10 minutes walk. For other destination we had to go via Novena MRT station that was within 10 minutes walk. The hotel is new so everything is very clean. My room is a bit too small but functioning well. My bed was a bit too soft for me especially at the edge so made a bit less comfort. Breakfast is typical Ibis I guest, alternatively you can find Mega Food Court that was just 3 minutes away. No complimentary bottled drinking water in the room. Shower water pressure was weak.

Room Tip: I was on 6th floor, I had no ideas whether it was a nice location.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Tangerang, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2011

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GuestServices_GM1, Front Office Manager at ibis Singapore Novena, responded to this review, November 30, 2011

Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

Just came back from a 2-week stay at Ibis Novena. Chosen for it's location close to our offices up the Thompson area. It is a very nice hotel on corner of Irrawaddy/Balestier Road. Staff welcoming and helpful. Rooms are quite compact but well designed to make it comfortable. Bed is one of the nicest I've ever had in a hotel. Small bathroom. Our room had a nice view from fairly large bay window overlooking Balestier Rd. Breakfast is not the most exciting eating experience I've ever had, but a reasonable selection of international and local food, so only the pickiest will go hungry. We also had dinner there once, caesar salad and a club sandwich which was also rather plain but decent and fresh. There are plenty of local eateries in the neighborhood. It's not a touristy shopping district, but a lot more authentic than the tourist crowds on Orchard. Bus connections to Orchard Rd are easy, and there are plenty of taxies to hail on Balestier. Will definitely stay there again on my next visit to Singapore.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
GuestServices_GM1, Front Office Manager at ibis Singapore Novena, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Dear Guest

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Ibis Singapore Novena.It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and most importantly our guest has enjoyed their stay.

Medan, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

Everthing is nearby. Very good location. Free wifi in room. also we can have a Scratch n Win. 5%-100%. Luckily I got 10%. Dont forget to buy Tao Shar Pia. It's just several blocks away. Just ask the hotel staffs.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GuestServices_GM1, Front Office Manager at ibis Singapore Novena, responded to this review, November 28, 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing Ibis Singapore Novena home away from home.