“First stay, would come again..!!”

ibis Singapore Novena
Ranked #106 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Hotel Ibis Novena is a new premise and very few cabs actually knew that there existed a hotel..!! Secondly this area is a residential area and becomes too silent during the night (after 7pm). Nothing close by, no malls, no shopping, no eateries (especially the hotel ibis menu has only 15 items in all). The closest place nearby is 8-10 SGD by cab.. 15mins walk to the nearby MRT station..

Not at all suggested for family or couples .. its a business hotel for executives who have their own means..

Room Tip: Stay on 4th floor and above..
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
GuestServices_GM1, Front Office Manager at ibis Singapore Novena, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking time to tell us your experience at the Ibis Singapore Novena. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectation. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
At Ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer,therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking appropriate measures to address the problem and improve it further.
We hope to be able to get in touch with you directly on this matter. Would be great if you could email us your contact details at H7451-fo@accor.com

The Guest Services Team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,415)

Reviewed October 31, 2011

When i first stepped into the room, it smelt heavily of cigarette smoke! It's supposed to be a non-smoking establishment.
I used my own perfume to freshen up the room, but when returned later, it still smelt of cigarette smoke.
I did bring it up to the receptionist who offered to move me 3 floors down, however i decided to put up with it.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pamela T
GuestServices_GM1, Front Office Manager at ibis Singapore Novena, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2011

Dear Guest

At Ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer,therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

A TripAdvisor Member
Panaji, Goa
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Friendly Staff, conveniently available amenities and pleasing service make Ibis Singapore Novena a pleasure to stay at. Even though my colleague and I were booked for a short while there, after a long day out in the city it was nice to look forward to a good night's rest in their comfortable rooms.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
GuestServices_GM1, Front Office Manager at ibis Singapore Novena, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2011

Dear Guest

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Ibis Singapore Novena.It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thank you for sharing your experience and we are grateful for your support and look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to Ibis Singapore Novena.

Sincerely

Reviewed October 30, 2011

we stayed here as the hotel was pretty much the cheapest 'western standard' hotel that we could find in singapore. had a few problems with the booking as i had pre-ordered the $1 special breakfast but told upon check in i had to pay full price. they eventually honoured the deal i had booked under. Thankfully they did as the breakfast really want worth much more than $1. very poor!!!

the hotel is quite compact so not very quiet. there is building work going on nearby so dont expect a sleep in. the rooms however were clean and modern. there is a MRT only 5 mins walk away which whisks you straight to orchard road in under 10 mins.

all in all was ok. i'd choose it again but only if there wasnt anything else cheaper.

Room Tip: ask for room away from the lift well at end of corridor
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 28, 2011

only 2 stops on mrt to orchid road good rooms and bfast very nice , great staff in all areas. nice new rooms , not large but more than enough for one person.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
GuestServices_GM1, Front Office Manager at ibis Singapore Novena, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2011

Sincerely

Reviewed October 28, 2011

i booked the hotel as early as Feb. 2011 to attend a wedding of a friend on Oct. 2011.. When I checked the rate, I found out that my rate of 148 for first night and 158 for second night was way above the rate which my friends got (S$ 120) when they booked at almost the same time. Further the advertised walk in rate was the same at S$148. I felt I was robbed since very early bookings was advertised to be a "special introductory" rate.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2011

We were in a group of 4 adults. We stayed at the Ibis as a stopover on our way to Europe and then again on our way back. I must say I was a little apprehensive after reading reviews, but I had already booked on line through an opening special. Our rooms were more than adequate, I must say this bed was the most comfortable I had slept in over the 3 weeks of our holiday.
The staff in the restaurant were fantastic, very accomodating and even new what drinks we all had at happy hour, served with a friendly smile and a bit of a chat to boot. The one thing I would mention though is the fridge that is supplied in the room is absolutely pathetic. Ours did not work, neither did the other couples. More like a doll house fridge. On the whole our experience was a pleasant one. Novena square is a 10 minute walk away and orchard st is 3 stops on MRT. Cabs are so cheap that we caught one to anywhere we wanted to go. Very frequent as well.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
GuestServices_GM1, Front Office Manager at ibis Singapore Novena, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for having taken your time to provide us with your valuable feedback relating to your recent stay with us.

We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed every other aspect of your stay with us and our confident Hosts delivered warm, friendly and efficient customer care.

Your positive feedback has given all of us the inspiration to continually strive for service excellence. We are grateful for your support and look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to Ibis Singapore Novena.

If you wish, you can contact us directly on H7451-fo@accor.com for your future bookings with us.

Guest Services Team.