“Food was great. Service was friendly.”
Review of Casa Tartufo

Casa Tartufo
Ranked #524 of 11,481 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Description: Casa Tartufo, established in 2010, is the first family-run restaurant in Asia with a Truffle-centred menu all-year-round. Previously located in Orchard Rd, was relocated in May 2014 into a heritage shophouse on 33 Erskine Rd, close to Chinatown, Club St and the CBD. Casa Tartufo has a charming bar, an al-fresco area and a cosy yet sophisticated dining room, making it a beautiful venue for a romantic dinner, family gatherings, business and other special occasions.
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Food was good - angel hair pasta with Tuna Bottarga was really nice and strong. Service was efficient and friendly. But I do wished that one of the staff would calm down instead of being hurried and late for something.
Loved the small diner feel.

However, the night I was there, there was a family with a toddler that was bored and hence created a ruckus. I don't blame the child, but the parents who left it to the helper/nanny to deal with the child. Didn't appreciate the child screaming when we wanted to eat in quiet.

For that, i would have rated this place as excellent. Instead it was just average.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We visited at the end of a rainy day as we were stuck in the Forum with tired hungry baby and always been curious about the restauran.
We were the only ones in the restaurant although we were early and a large group were just coming in as we left.
Prosecco was flat, possibly left over from the previous day. I had rigatoni bolognaise, whihc was very good and my wife had veal, which she said was very good too. We split a tiramisu for dessert and that was fairly average.
They made an effort with the baby who was a bit tired. Brought out little plastic plate and bowl for him.
Overall, it might be worth trying again for a lunch set, but for the money we paid, not sure about dinner again.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

My wife and I have never dined at Casa Tartufo Ristorante so we were both looking forward to trying out dinner here during Singapore Restaurant Week. The ambiance is lovely - a quaint & cozy restaurant that makes you feel like you're dining in a nice littel cafe in Florence or Milan. The hostess was very accomodating and seated us in a quiet area near the wine cellar. The wait staff were very attentive and knew the menu well. The food was amazing and authentic italian; from the burrata injected with truffles and herbs, to the perfectly seared fish with tomatoes, to the truffle pasta, and finally to the simple, yet delicious gelato with chocolates and nuts. Overall, it was one of the best places we dined at during Restaurant week and definitely a "must-visit" if you love italian food. We will definitely be back again!

3  Thank archman4
Reviewed September 24, 2012

It's hard to get burrata in Singapore and this place imports it (Tue and Thur/fri - they told us). So that's a real treat. Had the carbonara with truffle cream - was a little too heavy on the cream although the truffle taste to the carbonara was great. I'm not big on cream so that's a personal taste thing. I had their steak with truffled butter... was excellent. Also they seem to have an excellent wine selection...the SERVICE is EXCELLENT. Attentive, friendly and not overwhelming still. I'd go back whenever a truffle craving strikes again.

3  Thank D C
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I was very satisfied, good service, good food, and very nice owners who make you feel at home.

I will come back for sure next time,

3  Thank arounfworldtraveller
GhiaccioSingapore, Owner at Casa Tartufo, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2015

Thank you so much for your review.
Please visit us at our new location: 33 Erskine Rd, Singapore.
We are now within a 1924 building fully restored and in the heart of the Chinatown.
Best regards,