WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #38 of 778 things to do in Singapore
Jakarta, Indonesia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“I love this place!!! - channeling my inner geek”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

So, if you love books (like me) and you like to read (like me), you will love this place.

I love it because:
1. It's big - most probably you will find what you're looking for here
2. It's FREE - free for anyone to read :-)
3. It's clean and orderly and systematic - a microcosm of Singapore
4. It's accessible
5. It's suitable for anyone - kids to adults
6. Location is great - it's near bras basah complex, bugis junction, and many other interesting places.
7. Design and architecture - it's well thought of, well-planned, and well-designed.

Overall, if you have time in Singapore, you can drop by here, take a break, and see how the Singaporeans enjoy these kinds of facilities.

Visited May 2012

• Thai first
Kuala Lumpur
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Informative exhibition on Raffles”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Was there to check out the books (a wonderful selection) but the exhibition on Stamford Raffles was informative too. Enjoyed the polite yet attentive staff. The library is clean, spacious and very welcoming. I'd go again!

Visited October 2012
London, United Kingdom
102 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 219 helpful votes
“Modern”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

New building with exception eference material and environment. Stiudents will love it. As will researchers, built with the modern world in mind.

Visited July 2012
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Excellent kids area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

It was the September term break, and I had to bring my restless girls somewhere. And then I remembered they'd never been to the main Library. It was a wonderful decision. The kids area was huge, with books well organised by age group. My girls actually managed to spend a few quiet hours in the library. And I had time to slowly browse the cookbook section and picked up some beautiful books. Pity a lot of the books from popular children's series were unavailable.

Visited September 2012
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 214 helpful votes
“Excellent place to visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

We are new to the Town, which will be pretty easy if you read through the passage. We thought we ought to be members of the local library; we went to the National Library in Victoria Street, which is pretty close to our house.
We found the library to be a huge structure which is pretty well maintained, compared to the libraries which we had seen in the places where we lived earlier.
The total building is called as the national library building out of which only the basement holds the national library and other floors have different functions. There is a reference library situated within the building, which I have seen quite a few people visit.
The library has large collection of fiction work, as I like it the most so the place has become a frequent visiting place for me.
There is a collection of Newspapers, magazines which are printed in other countries collected here. As an avid reader I find this place a entertaining place where there is an abundance of wealth.
To become a member for foreigners a fee of 53.30 is charged for a year. I am not sure about the fee for the locals, with this people can borrow 8 in no of articles at any given time which is pretty helpful.
There is an outdoor garden present which is called the bamboo garden, it is a pleasant place to sit and read in the evenings.
The main drawback which I feel is that there is no manual intervention in the whole process, for ex: I returned a book in a stall which is used for collecting the book, even after 3 weeks they are not able to locate the book and I am charged a fine for the same, which I think would have been eradicated if the same process to issue a book is followed.
There is a children section, which I think is not well replenished. There is a section for audio and video section too.
Over all I think it is a nice place to visit and spend time.

Visited August 2012