“Rated 4stars hotel with 3stars room.”

The Porcelain Hotel
Ranked #5 of 79 Singapore B&B and Inns
“Rated 4stars hotel with 3stars room.”
Reviewed July 16, 2011

We started off with a eye catchy lobby and a bad service checking in and got complimentary free upgrade. Room were small but decent enough if it's were a 3 stars hotel.

Was slight overjoy seeing there's a rainshower but disappointed as it's not working. They could have paint the room in bright colors rather than blue, bed was okay during our stay.

I must say this is rather a higher end "budget hotel" considering the price they're asking aren't budget enough. Would I come back? Maybe, with better rates.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Cal_TheHotelLover

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed July 5, 2011

I stayed in Porcelain Hotel on early July 11 (superior twin room). A lot of noisy from the building next to hotel. If you choose this hotel, please prepare a tumbler or cup for cleaning teeth. Because they only have tea cup provided. And they only provide hangers, they dont have cabinet inside the room. But location is okay, near Chinatown MRT. If you travel alone, you can choose this hotel. If you travel with family, suggest not to stay here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank ypcathy

Travelers are raving about these Singapore hotels

London
Reviewed July 3, 2011

We stayed here for one week as we recently moved to Singapore and were looking for accommodation- so we picked this hotel purely for the location. 2 mins walk to Chinatown MRT is a winner when the weather is so humind!

Our first problem was that we could just about get into our room! Our suitcases were big- but not oversized! And we're small people- so all week we were having to jump over our suitcases, as there simply was no floor space! Though there is room under the bed to place your luggage, it's so much effort to have to drag it out everytime you need something!

First night, the bed was pretty comfortable and I would say we had a good sleep, until the fire alarm went off at 6am and continued to do so for 10 minutes... Then you had announcements going off for the next 20 minutes saying it was a false alarm! It was seriously annoying! Then at 8.30, there was hammering from next door! It literally sounded like someone was banging a nail into your head- it was so close! Then the drilling started at 9am! And it will go on for most of the afternoon. Basically, next door have building works.... And by the looks of things, they have just started- so the noise will be there for some time to come! We tried to change rooms , but it was fully booked! By the third day, we managed to move rooms because it was simply unbearable! But opposite the hotel seems to be a bar that suddenly has thumping music from midnight onwards!!!

If you want a good nights sleep- Porcelain is not the place to go!!!

• Stayed June 2011
3 Thank Retrolined
Singapore
Reviewed July 1, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for a night, as I was shifting places and could only move in my new apartment the following day.

First of all, I just want to say I am not a very picky person when it comes to hotel, and I have a certain experience judging hotels in Asia. I do not post negative comments for the sake of it like many people do.

The hotel is located in the heart of Chinatown, which is convenient if you wish to reach the city of the party district (clark quay, walkable distance).

I paid 150 SGD for a night and was expecting a pretty decent room and environment (hotels in Singapore offer the best value for $). Bummer.

The room was exactly the size of a king size bed, plus half a meter in length. And I am not exaggerating! Hardly bigger than a closet! The attached bathroom was also small. Not for the claustrophobic...

The crowd at the hotel was mostly made of china people, and boy were they loud! They kept banging their room doors all night long, and the rooms are not sound proof. Add this to the shouts of the girls who were with them (not too sure if they were prostitutes, but most likely) and the music, I had the worse night ever.

I was truly disappointed and would not recommend this place to anyone. This place is a dump wrapped in a nice paper gift. There are tons of better options in Singapore within the same price range. Too bad they were fully booked on that day.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank str8fwd
London
Reviewed June 27, 2011

I stayed for 3 nights and already read the reviews on TA so was prepared for some of the negatives. Firstly the location was excellent on a quiet street in Chinatown. It was close to the MRT and there are plenty of restaurants nearby. There is also an excellent 24 hour internet cafe across the street which was dirt cheap, $2 per hour. The bedroom was indeed tiny, but the room was well designed, I managed to store my luggage (a huge backpack, wheelie suitcase and daysack) quite easily under the bed. The bathroom had the glass doors and window as described by others in TA, however a black smoked effect was on the glass, this could be a retrofit, based on negative comments. There was a 32" tv on the end of the bed, however the channels were a bit limited I think there was 8 in total a mixture of english and oriental language. Overall this was good value for money, I paid US$110 per night which was pretty good compared to other hotels. However if you want more room you will have to bite the bullet and pay more.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank BevAlan
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 19, 2011

Looks so nice from the outside. Thats it. Inside is a dungeon thats dimly lit and not many rooms even have a window. The room is the size of a jail cell. There is NO space for your luggage and the toilet is see through. I seriously do not recommend this place. We left immediately and the THIEVING staff still charged my credit card for full stay. I have reported them for fraud. So stay away from this crap or you will be sorry.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank red433
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed June 15, 2011

The hotel rates was relatively cheap compared with others of same ratings, good location within walking distance to Chinatown MRT; beautifully renovated antique building in white painting; free local telephone calls and good wifi connection; Sharp LCD TV and hotel guests are mainly young and chic foreign travelors...

However, the room size is surprisingly small, navy blue wall and black tiles toilet make it look even smaller; also glass-walled bathroom is just next to the bed; there was noise from old Chinese music and cars late at night so better wear ear plugs before bed..

In summary, I don't mind coming again if I sleep with my earplugs, cause the hotel rates is quite attractive...

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo