“Good location, friendly staffs,clean,hostel for youth”

The Bohemian Chic Hostel
Ranked #55 of 247 Specialty Lodging in Singapore
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stayed here for 6 nights on my first trip to Singapore. Hostel is so clean, comfortable. Chek in and check out is simple. The staffs is very nice,they're so young and pretty. Location is good cuz it's cloce to China Town MRT station so easy to move to anywhere in city.
There are many food stall near here and suitable price for youth backpacker. I certain will come back here soon. ^^

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I had a good stay in this hostel for 4 nights. The staffs here are very friendly and helpful. Its so close to China Town MRT easy to go anywhere!

you can walk to Merlion also its not too far

i hope to back here soon :)

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I had a good stay in this hostel for 2 nights. The staffs here are very friendly and helpful. The check in and check out process is simple and fast. The hostel is clean although for me, the room is small to fit 10 beds, more suitable for 8 beds, but still quite okay. When check in, you are provided with bath towel and adaptor. In the room, you are provided with linen and blanket so you can make your bed on your own. I stayed in the second floor and they have 2 bathrooms in that floor. But I recommend to take bathrooms in the first floor because the water flows bigger than the second floor. The breakfast is very simple, they provide bread and 3 kinds of jams and butter, but they are very nice. The internet connection is very good also. This hostel is easy to find and near Chinatown MRT, you can reach it on foot. For me, overall this hostel is good value for money.

Room Tip: The water flows bigger at the bathrooms on the first floor.
1  Thank Mulya H
Reviewed May 13, 2013

First time stay at here and i stayed with 3 of my friends. The location of this hostel very near to Chinatown MRT (5 minutes walking). We booked 10 bed mixed dorm, the room is clean and the bed is very comfy. You must set your bed sheet, pillow case, and duvet cover since it's not set up by the hostel staff. Bathroom super clean, you can use all the bathroom in this hostel. Simple breakfast serve every morning, it's enough to start your journey. The location of this hotel very good, you don't need to worry to find food for dinner, many food stall with cheap price.

Room Tip: Shower in second floor on right a little bit slow, use the first floor
1  Thank tcuzrucgot
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed two times, 2012 and 2013. The hostel is good and the location is very close to Chinatown MRT. The bed is very comfortable. The staffs are very friendly, they even allowed me to bring a big product which i brought for an exhibition. The morning breakfast is nice. I really like the coconut jam. The attic is my favorite place. Will come back to this place for the 3rd times someday.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My friend and I arrived at around 2am and we had to wait for about 10 mins before the staff opens the door for us. My first time to be in a dorm-type backpackers inn and all i can say is "What was i thinking staying in hotels??". The hostel is great, comfy bed, soft comforter and pillow. There were lockers for each bed. if you dont have a lock, you can rent for, i think, a S$. I also like that they have a keycard (they will ask for a deposit which will be refunded when you check out). WIFI is very fast. Breakfast is A okay for a hostel-- coffee, bread, jams. I ended up mixing and matching jams cos they're delicious, i think you should try it too! :) 3 shower cubicles and 3 toilets on the ground floor and one toilet and bath on each floor -- we used the shower on the ground floor because its more spacious than the one on our floor. The common area is soooo nice you can sleep in there! There's a massage chair, board games, books, huge lcd tv, dvds, sofa, netbook for public use

2-3 mins walk to Chinatown MRT! Walking distance to Clarke Quay, Boat Quay, Merlion Park, Esplanade, Marina Bay Sands! Its a great location, accessible to almost anything!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Andi S
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I've stayed at P&T several times in the last couple of years (pics I've posted were from 2011, last time I stayed was last year I think 1st Q?) and I've always had an easy time dealing with them and staying there. I usually stay there solo, and I appreciate that it's not your typical rowdy and dirty backpacker hostel (there's no bar or restaurant until down the road or a street away) ... I appreciated that I was usually left alone but the staff are always ready to help and answer questions and just have a short chat if I feel like it (hello to Eddie if he's still there -- he has been my familiar face at P&T for my last visits). No cons really, though you must really be ready to share your bathroom and personal space with strangers if you're at a place like this. The last time I stayed there they still had a mixed room for 4 people, which I dont think they have anymore.

Pros :
> affordable (I think a bit higher than other hostels, but its quiet and relatively clean -- no shoes allowed upstairs)
> not too crowded (at least while I was there).
> cold drinks for sale for cheap at reception, free toast (hehe)
> A+ location - 1 street away from Chinatown MRT, on the quiet part (middle) of the street (both ends go out to busy roads). One street away from bars, open air restos, souvenirs, sights. You can spend half a day just walking from the hostel to exploring the surroundings. At both ends of Mosque St there are bus stops which can take you wherever you want to go (as long as you know where you're going)
> I like the mattress they use!
> no curfew, you get your own card key (helpful if you're a nightowl)
> maps are available, homey atmosphere (just look around the little notes, makes you feel that a lot of people have stayed here around the world and appreciated the visit)

Cons
> none really, general shared-space stuff (bathroom usually wet, common area near toilets usually also wet or in disarray)
> last time I stayed, no curtains to cover the beds when sleeping.

Tips :
(1) book ahead, I've never seen them accept walk-ins (when I hang around in the recep area or outside and people come in unannounced, there aren't usually any vacancies)
(2) hey if you're on a budget just grab some toast and kaya / PB to start your day, it's free after all :) leave some for the other guests though hehe :)
(3) ask ahead about their locker dimensions, and bring your own padlock (I dont recall if they provide, but travellers should always bring their own anyways). Each person is usually provided a bed and a locker, and its best if you don't leave your stuff just lying around just to be cautious (no untoward incident for me, but hey you never know)
(4) if a light sleeper, ear plugs or earphones (travel essential anyway, even on planes) or a drink the night before haha

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo