“Comfortable yet...”

Ranked #56 of 230 Specialty Lodging in Singapore
Petaling Jaya
“Comfortable yet...”
Reviewed May 23, 2011

I stayed at the hostel for two nights some time in April. Just like the other reviews, I would recommend the hostel for its cleanliness, friendly staff, clean toilets and bathrooms, cosy dining area and the most affordable mineral water I can find in Singapore. The only downside of my stay there was having to sneak in and out the dorm just because another person staying there was uncomfortable with any noise at all. So, for the two nights, when we returned to the dorm, we had to quietly search for our stuff and tip toe in and out of the dorm. I was even asked to not use my mobile phone by that person while I was smsing a friend. Apart from that, everything else was quite ok.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed May 16, 2011

best service and good location,make me enjoy the trip!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed April 25, 2011

You get what you pay for at this hostel (as with many). The rooms are small (at least the 8 bed female dorm). There is not much space to spread out, but the lockers are great for personal items and the mattresses are very comfortable. As for the rest of the hostel, it offers free wi-fi, which is excellent. There is an attic area with a TV, Wii, a couple of desks with complimentary use on their netbooks. The bathrooms were a bit dingy, but were ok. The breakfast area was also small and free breakfast consisted of toast with kaya (yum), peanut butter, jam and butter. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The location is also excellent. It is very close to shopping, food and the MRT. I would recommend this hostel if you are traveling on a tight budget.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed April 24, 2011

My partner and I stayed there for 2 nights and had the opportunity to try out the 8 bed female & the 10 bed mixed dorm room. What I can summarise from our stay there:

Location: Perfect. It's pretty much a hop and a skip away from the vibrant Chinatown scene, the MRT etc. This would be the primary reason for me to return.

Room: The female dorm on the ground floor has no windows but it's closer to the pantry & the more spacious bathroom. The mixed dorm on the 1st flr has windows (natural light!) but I wasn't that keen with the bathroom/toilets.

Facilities: Complete. You are pretty taken care of the minute you walk into the guest house so no complaints there. My fave has to be the common attic room. Nice place to relax.

The only thing I 'd like to comment on would be the staff, they are generally nice I do admit although it appears to me they are much friendlier, warmer & helpful with the non-Asian guests. Hopefully, I am proven wrong by the other Asian guests in the future.

All in all, a lovely stay.

• Stayed April 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 21, 2011

The hostel was so clean, the 10 dorm room we stayed in had heaps of space, huge lockers, air conditioning and lots of light. Beds were very comfortable. Showers were great too. Breakfast included was also really nice thing to have in Singapore too.
There's great common room up the top where you can relax with a book, watch tv, play wii, surf the internet, and even a massage chair!
The staff were really friendly and my friends and I had a great time there!
The location is also fantastic, easy to find and it's so easy to get to anywhere in Singapore from here.
It's much better than a few other hostels I've tried in Singapore before... I will stay here again in the future!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Kuranda, Australia
Reviewed April 10, 2011

This hostel was really nice. Staff very freindly and always willing to help. Rooms had decent sized lockers and adiquet space. Only thing that disappointed me was even after been assured via email there was cooking facilitys i arrived to find a kitchen with microwave, kettle, cutlery but no stove to cook dinner. The only other down size is the rooms do not have window so can feel bit closafobic, but then again your travelling, really how long are you going to spend in your room anyway?

Room Tip: Be prepared with a budget to eat out every night.
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
mrsmelissawee, Manager at The Bohemian Chic Hostel, responded to this review, April 12, 2011
Hello there,

Thank you for your kind review of our hostel!

We're very sorry that you missed out on cooking your own meals when you were staying with us. Actually, we do have a portable electric stove which we keep away in our cabinets. We do not display it due to space constraint. It was a great pity that we did not know that you'd wanted to use a stove, if not we would definitely have brought it out for you.

Hope you'll stay with us again!

Thank you.
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed March 29, 2011

very nice location, super comfy beds and clean linens, friendly and helpful staff, good value for your money... and i sooo love the massage chair, keeps you relax after a full day of walking and more walking!!!! this place is just AWESOME!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends