“Overpriced but almost worth it for the fabulous views”

CE LA VI Restaurant
Ranked #70 of 10,675 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Marina Bay
Description: Engage all your senses, mind and soul in our playful interpretation of Modern Asian cuisine that layers bold, complex flavours with the region’s finest ingredients. Helmed by Executive Chef Joseph Sergentakis, expect outbursts of unusual flavours in seemingly humble dishes, twists in the use of herbs and sauces, and ingenious fusion of textures in the new menu that is bound to satisfy even the most discerning of palates. Restaurant Awards: Singapore Tatler Best Restaurants 2016 Luxury Travel Guide Rooftop Bar of the Year 2016 TripAdvisor 2016 Travelers’Choice winner 2016 Wine & Dine Best Rooftop dining 2016 Singapore Tourism Awards Best Nightspot Experience 2016 Singapore Experience Awards Best Dining Experience 2015 World Gourmet Summit Awards of Excellence Fine Cuisine 2015 - Great wine & unique dining Wine & Dine Singapore's Top Restaurants 2014 - Best Ambiance (Asian) Singapore Tatler Best Restaurants Singapore 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Overpriced but almost worth it for the fabulous views”
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Popped up to Ku De Ta for a cocktail; definitely overpriced (30 Singapore dollars for one!!) but views were stunning. I'd advise going as sunset approaches for fab views of the city day and night.

• Visited August 2013
MCKINLESS, Manager at CE LA VI Restaurant, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Yes we certainly have the perfect setting for sunset, however this shouldn't be the only reason to visit us. The team has worked extremely hard in preparing an extensive new cocktail list and we have done our homework to make sure we are not priced any higher than our competitors, so I can only apologise if we didn't offer you value for money, my team will do its best to solve this perception!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Singapore, Singapore
“Great Food and Beautiful View”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

With a lovely view of Singapore city from the 57th storey of the Marina Bay Skypark, you really couldn't ask for more, if you want a great birds-eye view of Singapore.

The food there is also quite delicious and tasty. I was there with my family for their Sunday a-la-carte brunch and I would recommend their foie gras, oysters, mussels and desserts (especially). The chocolate pralines are good, and so is the cheesecake.

For a more in-depth review, check out the review on my blog: http://www.prischew.com/food/buffet-brunch-ku-de-ta/

• Visited August 2013
WOW - thank you for your review and your blog. I must say your blog is most detailed and I thank you for making such an effort to write in such detail about your experience. I hope our guests take the time to check it out. I am so pleased we were able to make your mum's birthday that extra bit special. I hope we can get you back to write another blog again soon!
Manila, Philippines
“Ku De' Ta @ Skypark”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

East meets West restaurant with a 360 degree view of Singapore, even the Singapore flyer can't beat the vantage point from " the Boat". Very pricey, it's the experience that one will treasure. Food is on the average to a little above average scale. Our steaks were grilled to perfection and exactly to how we wanted it. Service is way above average. We were fortunate to be assisted by a very knowlegeable and charming guy named Arian Valdez. He went above and beyond what's expected of him and provided us with service that is truly something that we are truly proud of. He is an asset to the Restaurant and to the F&B industry, in general.

1 Thank Charinavargas
Arlan is thrilled to receive such high praise and couldn't agree with you more, he most certainly is a rising star! Our new Chef is also working extremely hard to revitalise our dishes and he & his team will soon be unveiling our new menu, very exciting! We all will endeavour to keep up the hard work and strive to make Ku De Ta the best!
San Francisco, California
“You pay for the view here....”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I went with my friend to Ku De Ta already knowing that it wasn't going to be the best restaurant in Singapore, but we wanted to check out the view. The views are amazing, other aspects of the restaurant...not so much. They were out of their "new signature" dishes and alot of the wine selection was also not available. Sushi was ok, but the other dishes were more for looks then taste. The wait staff were also rude and for a hotel of this caliber there should have been at least one cute waitress right??? The manager also likes to play lounge music at a decibel in which you will find yourself shouting if you sit inside. This restaurant could be alot better and hopefully management will get its act together.

1 Thank A P
I am very sorry your evening did not live up to our usual high standards, our new Executive Chef is working tirelessly to breath new life into our dishes and we certainly do our best not to sell out of our popular items. I am more than disappointed, as are the young ladies that work for me, that you failed to find my ladies 'cute'... I am sure you must have dined on an evening when it was mostly my boys. Please rest assured management it most definitely getting its act together. Thank you for your honest feedback.
Palo Alto, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Roof deck lounge with awesome view of Singapore skyline”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Good place for drinks. Lots of older Europeans with younger local dates (possibly compensated?). Not much of a place for dancing. Above the Marina Bay Sands hotel and casino. The view is awesome. Stay here. The pool is also on the roof for hotel guests only. Amazing.

Visited July 2013
We certainly get a very diverse crowd up here at the restaurant, which I am sure it is part of the charm, and we should have shown you over to the club if dancing was on your mind, next time!