“Not bad at all”
Review of Park 22 Hotel

Park 22 Hotel
Ranked #281 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Ok, first off. If you are looking for a hotel with superb service and magnificent rooms, definitely this is not the place. However, if you are looking for cheap lodging with an ensuite bathroom, this would definitely be a good choice. We got the family room, 2 queen beds, and it was perfect for my family. It has a bathroom that basically works for us and its nothing fancy. Most of the rooms have no windows but we got room 315 which I think was one of the best, with its balcony and windows. Room is basically clean but the housekeeping failed to clean the glasses that we used the previous day. Location is great as it is near the train stations, taxi waiting stands and a 7-11 store, for those late night munchies. There is also a nearby chinese restaurant, Kok Sen, that serves superb food and on the cheap. Bars are also plentiful along Keong Saik and Teck Lim Roads as well. The hotel has a quaint coffee shop at the lobby and this is where breakfast is served. Breakfast is simple but we stayed for 3 nights and had a different breakfast everyday.

Room Tip: If you need the family room with the balcony, you need to call them in advance that the room is avai...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank scabula

Reviewed June 2, 2013

My regular Hotel was fully booked and this looked like a reasonable location close to ChinaTown.
Booked 2 nights here. First room had a air con problem where the room smelled like gas. On shift staff did not notice it but a very strong distinctive smell coming for air con so was moved to another room. This room was okay air con wise.

The bad:
1- room was crawling with ants everywhere and literally flowed out of my warm laptop.
2- no fridge, no safe even though it was a queen bed deluxe room. They did bring me up a safe but excuse a safe would not fit was lame as it easily fit int he corner of the room.
3- no fridge thing is odd. You cannot buy anything fresh and keep it. Could be a reason for the ant problem too.
4- toilet roll in bathroom was empty, guess they used last of it for cleaning, the full roll was left on the shelf with parts torn off.
5- queen bed way too hard and uncomfortable.
6- breakfast. try a tiny little blob of cold eggs with 2 pieces of bread and the worst coffee. So old and strong reminded me of my early days in a warehouse office.
7- no available taxis outside and a bit of a walk to get one in the rain.
8-stairwells half blocked with dirty linens. A recipe for disaster if people had to flee down the stairs in a hurry due to fire etc.
9- rooms very noisy and ear plugs a must from all the sounds you hear everywhere around you in the Hotel. Hallway, neighbors etc.
10- bring your own shampoo as they have only a hand dispenser for hand soap, hair soap and body soap and pass it off as 2 in 1 shampoo, body soap. hmmmm..
11- I may have given this Hotel a 2 if the management and staff were smiling etc however even they seemed to match the standards of the Hotel. They helped me out with the safe and room move but don't expect courteous smiles here.

All in all this Hotel is not worth 100 plus per night even for Singapore standards. lacks basic things such as safes and fridges and breakfast was the worst I have had in all my travels and I have been to almost all points Asia.

Room Tip: Don't stay here is the best advice I could give. The owners clearly have not invested anything i...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank johnr131
Reviewed June 1, 2013

if your looking for a Dump then this is the place for you.
Summary of a double deluxe room (cost SGD $150)

* Room only just larger than a double bed with standing room only at the end of the bed, it has no windows
*Ensuite is about the size of a double shower, but also in there is a toilet and wash basin
*There is AirCon and Small flat screen TV and Tea/Coffee facilities
*Room is clean - i think, but Im sure its not as clean as it appears to be
*Located near chinatown MRT, but otherwise has nothing going for it

But that pretty much sums it up - I feel totally ripped off and would not come back

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel for 5 nights. No taxi driver knew of the existence of the hotel or the road it was found in. The rooms are very basic and only good for sleeping, one cannot spend any time in them because they are too small and with no windows. For breakfast you are sent across the road and the choice is very limited and not very inviting.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Fancesca G
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Hotel is perfectly located close to MRT (Outram Park station). I'm afraid this is the only advantage of the hotel. Everything else is not worth to stay. We booked double room and we got extremely small room not enough space even for 1 person. They give breakfast vouchers to eat at so called "restaurant" across the street - do not eat there it's really disgusting.
Complimentary Wifi worked ok in the room. No fridge, but they provide a kettle, tea and coffee set, but expect to wash the cups yourself before using - it was not clean.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

The stay was very disappointing. There was some repair work going on at home, so my brother and made a reservation for this hotel on Agoda - the photos on Ahoda looked pretty decent (mistake for not checking TA first). We booked a superior room and was supposed to stay there for 3 nights, but after staying there for the first night, we booked a hostel (the hostel stay was actually more pleasant) but left our bags there at the hotel instead. The room we were given was really tiny, and the decor was dated. The room was also stuffy and smelled too.

Besides the good location (I.e near the Chinatown train station), there is really nothing much to boast of. My brother left his iPod in the room when we were putting up at another hostel, and discovered that it was missing when we came back to check out and pick up our bags. Truely the worst hotel stay that I have had so far.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Fitterthanchoc
Reviewed April 2, 2013

It's my first time in Singapore even though I have traveled to 30 different countries. This hotel room is the smallest one that I've ever seen. The bed sheets are wore out and look overused. I felt itchy after they touch my skin. The breakfast is extremely lousy, cheap and a waste of time. I prepared myself after reading other reviews before arrival but I was still shock. Other than the good location, this hotel is more or less of at a value of a hostel. Its fair value would be US$30-$40 /night.

Room Tip: If you expect to pay for the price of a 3-star hotel and live in a hostel private room, this place i...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo